Upcoming v263.0 Ghillie Suit now only has 70 base durability rather than 120

SingleSidedPCB

5 hours ago, PoliScikosis said:

way to write a LOT and say next to nothing.

Apparently you have never played a Sony Entertainment Online game (SOE). WC has made mistakes, but they are LIGHTYEARS ahead of SOE, Hello Games (No Man's Sky), and other flops.

Maybe next time SAY something instead of unspecified rants.

HUH? WC is way worse than SOE was. I played EQ for 5 years and they always answered a ticket. Sure it took them a few days or a week, but never did they ignore them like WC has. To top it off, at least in EQ they told us what the problems were. They didnt have servers down for a week without a peep. I have played online games since the first PCs were available and WC is without a doubt the worst I have ever had the displeasure to play under, when it comes to customer service and communicating with your playerbase.

<Venting> Seriously my over 1 k armor each peace ghille is now capped at 188 each peace

Wild Card, if you are going to give us something please dont take it away either.

1. we build our game and characters around what we have available so when you take something away we now have deficiency

2. seriously taking things away from people leaves them feeling disgruntled 

3. its a really nice game component to find cool stuff in drops but now its all being taken away

4. when you give stuff back after you find out is was a mistake please return the stats of the stuff you took

5. do you know word of mouth is the biggest advertising, I may not usually post on forums till recently but I spend a lot of time telling people about this awesome game (good word of mouth) and now to reach you I have to put in print my complaints (bad word of mouth)

Please stop ruining your awesome game with nerfs, a good prize is like Christmas after a bad day of game glitches and to loose all we have gathered and built our characters around to some ill planned nerf again and again is making this game not so fun.

11 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

I have a simple answer for most of the changes WC makes.  You can guess what that is,  and the words I would choose would get my hand slapped at minimum.  I have only been playing Ark for 2 months and just joined the forums a couple weeks ago.  Wow.......    I joined because I was so Fing pissed off I couldnt relax until I got my turn saying,  "WC is the worst studio I have seen since I got my first Pong and Atari".  Seriously,  how on earth has this studio managed to make this many mistakes, and still be alive? I have never seen a community hate the team making the game worse than WC.  This should be a huge HINT to start changing what and how they do things. 

How about 80-100 mil to start.  A game idea that we all love the sh!t out of, just pray everyday a "Real" studio could take it over and finish it. 

I have literally never seen a game forum in which there wasn't someone claiming that the game developers were the worst and most hated in the entire universe. And I was a pong player when it was new. I knew Pac Man before Ms. Pac Man came along. And I've been the guy to make the claims (Blizzard was the target of my ire for a long while).

Just some perspective. Sorry you're having a bad time. My armor got nerfed too. At least I can have a decent raft again. :)

Seems like a much-needed nerf for me. It always seemed like it was flimsy, but not flimsy enough, so u didn't have to worry about it much. Now it'll be something you can't do battle in, as intended. Huzzah. Just because things that were broken in our advantage are fixed, doesn't mean it's bad for the overall balance of the game.

Nerf is more than justified, although I fear they have not nerfed Ghillie armor enough.

Put on high dura Ghillie, C4 and a Riot shield (just in case), level up your movement speed and the enemy can place hundreds of turrets without stopping you. You simply eat some of the shots (ofc, capping the server and make it lag, so turrets shoot less helps much), and breach every turret defense.

This is absolutely unbalanced and I thank wildcard for reacting to the bug I reported about that. It should be harder to attack. You grind bullets for months just to get raided by a party of two in a few hours and there is nothing you could have done better against it.

So, OP, try this out yourself. You will be excited!

6 hours ago, Grinz said:

I have literally never seen a game forum in which there wasn't someone claiming that the game developers were the worst and most hated in the entire universe. And I was a pong player when it was new. I knew Pac Man before Ms. Pac Man came along. And I've been the guy to make the claims (Blizzard was the target of my ire for a long while).

Just some perspective. Sorry you're having a bad time. My armor got nerfed too. At least I can have a decent raft again. :)

Ah hell Grinz, I'm not that upset about the armor nerf, I'm upset that WC continues to support these decisions even though they are clearly non beneficial to the overall quality of the Ark experience, with most of these being clearly(within reason or subjective) disliked by its community.  Oh and the Blizzard deal, turns out we were right to be complaining and feeling betrayed, they destroyed their loyal fan base and are but shadows of a former King.  BTW:  What was your favorite  Atari 2600 game?  Adventure buddy, the first of the genre RPG.  Without the RPG elements.... lol

11 hours ago, Fireblade said:

Nerf is more than justified, although I fear they have not nerfed Ghillie armor enough.

Put on high dura Ghillie, C4 and a Riot shield (just in case), level up your movement speed and the enemy can place hundreds of turrets without stopping you. You simply eat some of the shots (ofc, capping the server and make it lag, so turrets shoot less helps much), and breach every turret defense.

This is absolutely unbalanced and I thank wildcard for reacting to the bug I reported about that. It should be harder to attack. You grind bullets for months just to get raided by a party of two in a few hours and there is nothing you could have done better against it.

The nerf may slightly help with that one (mis?)use of ghillie (but probably not), while simultaneously hurting some legitimate uses. And if your putting your turrets on the ground where some guy can run up and c4 them, that's your mistake. If there's some PvP reason i don't know about for putting turrets on the ground, then protecting them with some dinos in turret mode would likely help.

Like i said though if they would just put sources of organic poly in the hot caves it would be fine. they could also make ghillie take less damage from Arthro spit. Would make sense that something made with organic poly would be resistant to acid.

The other legit use that's seriously affected by this change is the dragon boss arena, you already needed the best of the best ghillie in there. but that boss is so broken right now the armor you wear doesn't even matter.

12 hours ago, Fireblade said:

And that's whole problem of this game

1 hour ago, seXikanac said:

So? Player speed should be limited that's solution

machines should NOT be affected by armor, they don't "see" via a player's eye, but they made the decision, no, what should happen is the turrets should be unaffected.

Quit saying WE should be nerfed, I'm sick and tired of losing more and more

14 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

The nerf may slightly help with that one (mis?)use of ghillie (but probably not), while simultaneously hurting some legitimate uses. And if your putting your turrets on the ground where some guy can run up and c4 them, that's your mistake. If there's some PvP reason i don't know about for putting turrets on the ground, then protecting them with some dinos in turret mode would likely help.

Like i said though if they would just put sources of organic poly in the hot caves it would be fine. they could also make ghillie take less damage from Arthro spit. Would make sense that something made with organic poly would be resistant to acid.

The other legit use that's seriously affected by this change is the dragon boss arena, you already needed the best of the best ghillie in there. but that boss is so broken right now the armor you wear doesn't even matter.

No turrets on teh ground necessary, dude. Just run up the wall, place C4s, push the button and you are in. It's not that you need to blow turrets. Blow up the wall, get in and all you have to handle then is inside defense.

Don't claim boss battles like they are to be a legit use case, because they are broken as they are, as you already stated.

23 hours ago, Fireblade said:

No turrets on teh ground necessary, dude. Just run up the wall, place C4s, push the button and you are in. It's not that you need to blow turrets. Blow up the wall, get in and all you have to handle then is inside defense.

Don't claim boss battles like they are to be a legit use case, because they are broken as they are, as you already stated.

And that's what I'm saying about broken gameplay

Archived