Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Sphere

2 minutes ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

on weakend i was getting 160k exp a run with a 1hr respawn timer plus coming out with 2-4k paste a trip plus asc bps plus being able to power lvl teras . I beg to differ as I plan to boost a guy this weakend to lvl 100 in a single day plus end up with a few vaults of paste and some tastey bps. Instead of pounding the hell outa grinders and watching netflix.

That's why I have 10 achatinas. Haven't done a cp run in months. And I like Netflix lol grinder is still faster regardless 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh I read through all of these pages...time to add my two cents (again).

I barely used mindwipes before, but I play on an unofficial with slightly boosted rates, so didn't have a need for changing them myself. But I DO see why some people did wipe a few times a day. It was something that never occurred to me to try and do, since really I love the dinos too much in the game and I rarely use guns or my own character to do anything but steer dinos. But on to my observations...I can see how and why people did it. It helped a solo tribesperson get by, or made one selves more befitting of tasks if they wanted to go dino-less. Varied gameplay, which is nice and fun (and to me not very gamebreaking since respecing for a boss run didn't make the boss a cakewalk...it just made you survive better).

I feel like they maybe could have done this a bit differently, but I can see WHY they did it. I don't think it was cause they wanted to hinder people to make separate builds often...

It was to ultimately make it so people couldn't repeatedly and easily craft their new super powered BP items with their new maxed out crafting skill and then using a mindwipe to go back to their old build without a huge sacrifice.

So with this in mind, I don't see them changing it. A cooldown would only delay the inevitable (even though to me if the cooldown is long enough...say a week or heck even a month, then this could prevent the possible 'spam')...no matter what, making alt characters still circumnavigates both this and the current 1 mindwipe per level cap. Brace your buttholes for when they halt character transfers...THEN you all will be raging for reals.

So what can we do until they change it after reading this thread (haha!)? If we are stuck with this, what are people to do? Especially those solo tribes?

Here's an idea...it's most useful for solo tribes but everyone could benefit from this.

• Start collecting those 'junk' building BP's you find in drops and loot crates. These have VALUE now...this way you don't have to waste engram points learning an entire buildset of metal structures or even saddles this way (better saddles too if you upped the crafting skill). It might not be enough to learn EVERYTHING still, but not needing to learn anything beyond thatch as far as build structures, and saving all those points on saddles (which I can tell you right now tend to be VERY expensive). In a way to me, this was a good change because now you have reason to check aaaaall those drops now, or even dabble into the lesser done mechanics like fishing or Lio hunting. Sure you will still probably need to learn a few saddles if you get impatient on a tame you just got, but hey, least theirs options (I say that alot nowadays...). This does add to a grind, but running around exploring the ARK is one of the 'funner' grinds imo.
  • Start thinking about trading. Yep this'll be a hard one for those PVP'ers, probably not even an option, but it's one regardless, especially if you use the trade forums here. If you STILL can't learn what you want, start grinding metal and CP and head on to the forums to find a shiny new item or BP to own. This promotes community involvement on more than just battlefield, and it's one of the big hooks for PVE. Best part is, even if you are on a PVP server, you can easily come onto the forums and not evne say where you are from and get what you need and leave without a tag on you.

Of course, this still limits everyone else to cookie cutter all-rounders as the best solution...so to me, I'd rather just slap a looooong cooldown on a mindwipe rather than limiting it's use. Start using dino's more often, cause honestly the human character is crap in comparison anyway, even moreso now with this limit. Adapt and survive. Even if it's less fun now (a big no no still, but this is what we are stuck with for now. Make the most of it or leave)

15 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

That's what the made the trading forums for. Or just trading on your server. No one person should be able to have all engram or even access all engrams. If they want to be a solo player then they can trade. Not everything has to be handed to people. The devs realize that and that is why they are slowly taking stuff away. Bringing more survival to ark survival. This game has been in easy mode for too long now

I don't have access to the trading forums as of yet, and well let's just say that trading on the server I'm on isn't really an option as most of the players there would rather kite things to your base rather than try to work together.

14 minutes ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

I think that is silly to say people are going to run out of stuff to do. This is what pvp is for. I have over 100 days player with i would say 95 of them in offical pvp servers. To me this game has little to do with the content as the player made politics interest me as well as the conflicts that pursue after. The majority of the games mechanics havn't changed much other then a few tweaks over the last two years. people harvest pretty much the same way and harvest the same nodes But, faces change over and over and keeps things fresh and new. If someone was going to play this game in PVE then i can truly see them running out of stuff as they don't have the fear of someone crashing down on them or they don't have to depend and forge important alliances. This also promotes making a alt account. As if your set up you can reach lvl 100 in under a weak. ( I made it to 100 - 105 in two days and that was a little over 2M exp ) I accually plan on making a 2nd guy and boosting him to lvl 100 and putting nothing but crafting skill on him and honestly I'm not stressed on it. I have always ran a multi purpose build and find that it's just fine as is and i honestly only mind wipe once every couple months.

That's great if you play PvP, but not everyone does. I happen to enjoy PvE the reasons for this are simple... if I want to see people running around trying to kill complete strangers all I need to do is watch the news, there's always a war going on somewhere.

grinder is not the fastest but that is not the  point of this topic anyways. i still think mind wipes should just have a cool down not a one time use. grinder is nice for a bit of exp when your afk or standing around or to add to what your doing but  not the best route to PG, unless you dont have dinos that can do swamp cave solo or a giga that can solo titans like i do lol 

22 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I like the minwipe nerf. I think it was a good idea. In fact I never use mindwipes

It really makes me sad to read such stuff.
Very sad...
You are discussing in a topic about something that doesnt even concern you.
Yet you fight for that change, just because it hurts other ppls playstyle...

Instead you use an exploit of the upload system to circumvent the use of mindwipes.
I wanna see you when they fix this exploit.
And trust me, they WILL fix that, because, like you just said: it nullifies the cage mechanic, it nullifies the mindwipe, it allows you to STILL do min/max chars, and the reason for the mindwipe mechanic was JUST to prevent such stuff...

The mindwipe change for PVP was probably okay, but on PVE its still a ridiculous cut of possibilities what to do and removal of a very cool feature... (we dont usually do stuff there to be better than others... we do stuff for creativity and just for the sake of "playing arround" with it).

1 minute ago, Dark2084 said:

I don't have access to the trading forums as of yet, and well let's just say that trading on the server I'm on isn't really an option as most of the players there would rather kite things to your base rather than try to work together.

That's great if you play PvP, but not everyone does. I happen to enjoy PvE the reasons for this are simple... if I want to see people running around trying to kill complete strangers all I need to do is watch the news, there's always a war going on somewhere.

That's why I love it. It shows true human nature. Mainly being anger, jealousy, but also it shows people a life lesson that you could lose something you worked hard for and you can either collapse or rebuild. my moto for PvP has always been "dont  get mad get even". This is how I like to play the game but. their is a large chunk of the player base that does enjoy the PVE aspects of the game and even more so for solo players. However you mentioned people that "kite". This is just  a petty thing people on  PVE do as a gag where as on pvp this gets you wiped. Their is more of a respect because their is consequence to actions just like real life.

1 minute ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

That's why I love it. It shows true human nature. Mainly being anger, jealousy, but also it shows people a life lesson that you could lose something you worked hard for and you can either collapse or rebuild. my moto for PvP has always been "dont  get mad get even". This is how I like to play the game but. their is a large chunk of the player base that does enjoy the PVE aspects of the game and even more so for solo players. However you mentioned people that "kite". This is just  a petty thing people on  PVE do as a gag where as on pvp this gets you wiped. Their is more of a respect because their is consequence to actions just like real life.

I have played on PvP before. I have friends that play there and from time to time they send me a message and ask if I wanna be a bullet magnet. I don't mind hoping over once in a while to help them out. I like PvE because it lets me build and just relax. As for being kited, well that only happened once and the end result was I lost a 120 quetz that I had down (back when 120 was the level cap for wild dinos) and they lost most of their base because the quetz I had down was right outside of their walls and the giga they brought over decided their dinos looked tasty. Then again I don't think landing inside of their base after getting it's agro helped either, but you know what they say about karma. :D

14 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

I have played on PvP before. I have friends that play there and from time to time they send me a message and ask if I wanna be a bullet magnet. I don't mind hoping over once in a while to help them out. I like PvE because it lets me build and just relax. As for being kited, well that only happened once and the end result was I lost a 120 quetz that I had down (back when 120 was the level cap for wild dinos) and they lost most of their base because the quetz I had down was right outside of their walls and the giga they brought over decided their dinos looked tasty. Then again I don't think landing inside of their base after getting it's agro helped either, but you know what they say about karma. :D

Like I said  " dont get mad get even " :D

• Volunteer Moderator

As a different friendly reminder, this is not a 'Which method levels up fastest' or a PVP vs PVE thread(even if it is one of the nicer convos).  The topic is starting to get lost, so trying to get it back on course.

I can say I am not sure where I stand on Mindwipe.  I have only used it a few times, and can understand its value.  But, can also understand the new limits.  I think the cooldown is also an interesting idea, but a couple of days is not a real compromise.  As for spliting into a Skillwipe vs an Engramwipe, that has pontential, but just adding a few harder to get ingredients would only aid large tribes, who, in theory, should have less need of Mindwiping.

As for leveling just to get to a new Mindwipe, I can see that not being appealing to all players.  While I have known people to just power level, I prefer to just play when starting on a new server.

On a side note...LOL about the Giga eating the kiter's base.

2 hours ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

It really makes me sad to read such stuff.
Very sad...
You are discussing in a topic about something that doesnt even concern you.
Yet you fight for that change, just because it hurts other ppls playstyle...

Instead you use an exploit of the upload system to circumvent the use of mindwipes.
I wanna see you when they fix this exploit.
And trust me, they WILL fix that, because, like you just said: it nullifies the cage mechanic, it nullifies the mindwipe, it allows you to STILL do min/max chars, and the reason for the mindwipe mechanic was JUST to prevent such stuff...

The mindwipe change for PVP was probably okay, but on PVE its still a ridiculous cut of possibilities what to do and removal of a very cool feature... (we dont usually do stuff there to be better than others... we do stuff for creativity and just for the sake of "playing arround" with it).

What the hell are you talking about. What am I exploiting? I literally start a new character from level 1 and level him up. It is what everybody does. What exploit are you even talking about? 

I make multiple characters and level them up so I don't have to worry about cages

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

What the hell are you talking about. What am I exploiting? I literally start a new character from level 1 and level him up. It is what everybody does. What exploit are you even talking about? 

I make multiple characters and level them up so I don't have to worry about cages

;) you will see what i mean when they will prevent you from circumventing intended game mechanics.
Until then: dont wanna talk to you.

5 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

;) you will see what i mean when they will prevent you from circumventing intended game mechanics.
Until then: dont wanna talk to you.

Wait so they are going to make it to where you can't make more than one character? Lol they better get rid or crossark then because I have multiple 80 plus characters on a good amount of servers. And I seriously doubt they will get rid of cross ark. On the off chance they do, I will be happier than ever because they do need to get rid of crossark 

28 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Wait so they are going to make it to where you can't make more than one character? Lol they better get rid or crossark then because I have multiple 80 plus characters on a good amount of servers. And I seriously doubt they will get rid of cross ark. On the off chance they do, I will be happier than ever because they do need to get rid of crossark 

They will just disable overwriting of chars on PVP to prevent the unintended cage escaping ;) .
And add a cooldown on how many different chars you can download on the same server in general, so you cannot circumvent the new (stupid) Mindwipe change within a blink ;)
Just wait for it. It will happen. Theres no way they let it be like it is, because what you are doing nullifies the Mindwipe change, so your playstyle does not match how they want you to play: with a well thought out fixed set of skillpoints at max level.

Ah i will love it, cant wait for you freaking out on those changes :D you'll eat ya own dog food :D 

7 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

They will just disable overwriting of chars on PVP to prevent the unintended cage escaping ;) .
And add a cooldown on how many chars you can download on the same server in general, so you cannot circumvent the new (stupid) Mindwipe change within a blink ;)
Just wait for it. It will happen. Theres no way they let it be like it is, because what you are doing nullifies the Mindwipe change, so your playstyle does not match how they want you to play: with a well thought out fixed set of skillpoints at max level.

Ah i will love it, cant wait for you freaking out on those changes :D you'll eat ya own dog food :D 

No need to be nasty. And I still don't know what you are talking about. You can only have one character on a server at one time. When I come onto the server with new character, the other one gets deleted. You already can't have multiple characters on a server. The only way to change what I do is disabling crossark 

3 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I need to be nasty. And I still don't know what you are talking about. You can only have one character on a server at one time. When I come onto the server with new character, the other one gets deleted. You already can't have multiple characters on a server. The only way to change what I do is disabling crossark 

No, you dont understand what im telling you.

Solution: DISABLE the OVERWRITING of a char at the time when you try to download another char!
Means, if you got another char there already (maybe trapped in a cage) it will just tell you: "You already have a char on this server, in order to transfer to this server, please upload the other char first.", and thats it... transfers still in, but your exploit for cages fixed.

Same for Mindwipe circumventing: Just make it so you can only download a different char to a given server every 7 days (transfering arround the same char is still possible infinite times in any timespan).

Cant wait for that :D

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I need to be nasty. And I still don't know what you are talking about. You can only have one character on a server at one time. When I come onto the server with new character, the other one gets deleted. You already can't have multiple characters on a server. The only way to change what I do is disabling crossark 

On XBOX you can have as many as you want. You just need a second account which is free and can be done in 10 minutes. I have my main, one for trolling, one for the reserve tribe and now a new one for crafting skill.

Just now, Jabroni said:

On XBOX you can have as many as you want. You just need a second account which is free and can be done in 10 minutes. I have my main, one for trolling, one for the reserve tribe and now a new one for crafting skill.

He was talking about "ON THE SAME SERVER" and failed to get my point... ofc you can have generally multiple chars, but you cannot have 2 chars living/existing on the SAME SERVER.

2 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

No, you dont understand what im telling you.

Solution: DISABLE the OVERWRITING of a char at the time when you try to download another char!
Means, if you got another char there already (maybe trapped in a cage) it will just tell you: "You already have a char on this server, in order to transfer to this server, please upload the other char first.", and thats it... transfers still in, but your exploit for cages fixed.

Same for Mindwipe circumventing: Just make it so you can only download a different char to a given server every 7 days (transfering arround the same char is still possible infinite times in any timespan).

Cant wait for that :D

Ok we went way off topic so I will just end this. Still no clue what you are talked by about. Anyways the mindwipe change was a good change. It teaches people that there are always consequences 

3 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

And that is a good strategy too. I like the way you think. People just don't need to be using mindwipes all the time

35 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

It teaches people that there are always consequences 

So since you're ok with players being stuck and unable to do anything because they aren't able to get an engram they need... does that mean that you would also be ok with the Devs going through sever logs and see who power leveled using the grinder and then resetting that characters level back to it's level before the grinder was started? Oh and let's not forget, if they were to also removing gaining xp from using the grinder? 

See, I still feel that you are entitled to your opinion but after you decided to sit here and admit that you don't really do anything to actually level up aside from sitting/standing there while running the grinder.... well the weight of your opinion lost any value or respect that I might have had for it.

Please feel free to try and defend your opinion any way you like because in my own opinion your words are now hollow and pointless.

3 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

Please feel free to try and defend your opinion any way you like because in my own opinion your words are now hollow and pointless.

Ah just ignore him like i did (hover over his name and choose "ignore user"), he is admitting to use a VAST amount of exploits/incredibly unbalanced shortcuts while at the same time saying the changes to the stuff he is circumventing all day is fine... hes just contradicting himself all day.

Back to topic:

You're totally right, the change to mindwipes is horrible.

Archived