Ark PvP In a Nutshell

Crows

Suggestion Number One. @Jat@Jen, any who will listen. I saw the glory of what you did to VDD. And then you half ass it with Care Bears. Come on. We fought a level 600 rex for an hour last night. Still did not win. Aimbot, broken weapons, whole shebang. I myself still have possession of a 424 asc club from them. Please. Explain to me how someone can head shot a barrel rolling 2.8K hp ptera 70 armor saddle from 200 yards with a crossbow and kill it instantly? 

I long for the days when things got done instead of halfway attempting.

33 minutes ago, Paelor said:

any game in which you gather resources to fight ends up being a "he who farms more probably wins". but there are always situations that let you turn fights around. The number of fab sniper rifles I have acquired using a primitive club? let's just say it's not small ... if you can't farm like them. Then learn how to steal their hard work and use it against them, the last defense I was in I started naked and ended up with 95 c4 which allowed us to push their FOB and ultimately stop the attack.

They'll be back for sure, but even though they have unlimited resources compared to us ... if they keep giving those resources to us we have a fighting chance. PvP is pretty unbalanced, but far too many people give up before the fight is actually done.

Wait until you kill one of their Brontos and find thousands of rockets and c4 and clusters. The dupers have taken over and only a server wipe can fix that. Which won't happen because wildcard hates it players and loves money 

4 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Suggestion Number One. @Jat@Jen, any who will listen. I saw the glory of what you did to VDD. And then you half ass it with Care Bears. Come on. We fought a level 600 rex for an hour last night. Still did not win. Aimbot, broken weapons, whole shebang. I myself still have possession of a 424 asc club from them. Please. Explain to me how someone can head shot a barrel rolling 2.8K hp ptera 70 armor saddle from 200 yards with a crossbow and kill it instantly? 

There is no way to monitor or police over 700 servers it won't happen , but they can fix the problems and wipe before release so that doesn't happen again. If they refuse to wipe then they will lose the majority of their player base , even if it's a slow exodus 

13 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

There is no way to monitor or police over 700 servers it won't happen , but they can fix the problems and wipe before release so that doesn't happen again. If they refuse to wipe then they will lose the majority of their player base , even if it's a slow exodus 

Wiping is such a touchy topic ... and very much fractures the community down the center. I think their plan to roll out new clusters and let the old ones die a natural death is actually far more diplomatic than just wiping everything. It will be interesting though how they plan on managing the divide. What I can say is that if they do wipe servers they will cause issues with some of their more committed player base (a large portion of which unfortunately are probably playing with duped/glitched resources whether knowingly or not).

I don't envy wildcard the political situation they find themselves in here, but giving players the option to leave is far better than forcing everyone. At the very least it gives players fleeing the duped items a chance to build up and form strong alliances ... because once those mega tribes do transfer to the new cluster things will get bad duping or not. If my little tribe can make 300 c4 in the space of a couple of hours, mega tribes can grind out thousands without the need to dupe at all ... the disparity is enhanced by duping, but the balance of power will always rest in the hands of the one with more stuff.

1 minute ago, Mjsechrest said:

What about the players that got where they are legitimately, through teamwork and perseverance? I think they'd be pretty tempted to leave as well. There's no way for WC not to lose people in this situation, and the repercussions for both are unfair. Don't wipe and the dupers will stay at the top. Wipe and everyone who played fair and square gets all of their work flushed. This isn't about money; it's a conflict of interests. WC's going to piss someone off no matter what, and morals should be pulling them in two separate directions. There is no right answer here, just two wrong ones. 

3 hours ago, Crows said:

When it all comes down to it, Ark PvP (mainly official) is all about who farmed the most resources, who has the most members/allies to flood servers and who has the most raised Gigas, etc. Also, who dupes the most and who can crash/ddos a server (not hard to do, unfortunately)

This is why most people are either quitting, or playing PvE or unofficial servers where the rates are more bearable, where you don't have to spend 12 days raising a Giga just for it to be casually killed in one night in a raid defense/stand off against the attacker's gigas and Yuty's. 

On official, there's no tribe member limit. It's not healthy at all. WC Keep making alternate servers where there's tribe limits, or no tames, but what about official? why not fix official? why does it have to be left as "Oh that's just official, anything goes there.. nothing needs changing or fixed (mechanics wise) but hey, check out our alternate servers!" 

I could go on and on but really, PvP in a nutshell. The huge zerg tribes will always win. They'll always dominate. They have too many resources, the best possible loot, all of the Tek they need, all of the mutated gigas, etc they need. Anybody lesser is just breakfast. 

I agree they need to add a Tribe limit for Official. I mainly only played Primitive and for me PVP was very different. The open world PVP is crazy fun.

2 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

What about the players that got where they are legitimately, through teamwork and perseverance? I think they'd be pretty tempted to leave as well. There's no way for WC not to lose people in this situation, and the repercussions for both are unfair. Don't wipe and the dupers will stay at the top. Wipe and everyone who played fair and square gets all of their work flushed. This isn't about money; it's a conflict of interests. WC's going to piss someone off no matter what, and morals should be pulling them in two separate directions. There is no right answer here, just two wrong ones. 

The right answer is to wipe your servers before you release a game

2 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

I'd really like to see some suggestions

browsing this forum and my brain, these suggestions came to my mind:

• limit tribe size, 30 members should be enough
  • limit server transfer, give creatures a temporary debuff in stats (in addition to the existing 12 hour transfer stop) and calculate with their drag weight to regulate the amount per type and time for creature transfers
  • cluster the servers, 2 of each map in one cluster (maybe more)
  • drastically rework breeding, especially imprinting, to make it less real-life-destroying and less powerful (i would be fine with imprinting being removed completely)
  • diversify turret ammunition
  • nerf whip and club
  • fix the bugs that allow exploits and duping, then wipe all servers or open a LOT of new servers that are not connected to the old ones and never will be, so that the old ones slowly die and who wants to keep playing or buys ark post release starts on the new ones. that way nobody is forced to give up what he/she built up and everybody else has a fresh start (i think a year ago wildcard even said they would do it that way, right?) (basicly what Paelor said :D)

PS: try out primitive pvp servers. i switched a while ago and have no regrets :)

2 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

There is a good chance ark will be like the old days after release

3 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

I'd really like to see some suggestions. I mean, what's the alternative?

Without cross servers, an alpha tribe is going to emerge and put the entire server on lock because they can. Raid new players in their thatch huts, tell people what they can and can't tame, tell them where they can and can't build (justified when trying to prevent resource blocking, though), etc. With cross servers, alpha tribes get paranoid and wipe every newcomer they come across for fear of them being spies and whatnot. How does WC balance for people being people? They could try to mitigate how much of a douche people can be, but that's only going to do so much. They'll still find a way, and it'll have been a waste of time and resources. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a fan of ARK PvP, either. Like everyone's said, it's a numbers game without much in the way of skill being needed. Not to mention the meta is so shallow. The Yutyrannus and Daeodon gave it some new breath, but it's still mainly Offline/Rex/Giga/Bronto/Turtle/Flyer. But that's another issue altogether. How can you balance against numbers? I don't care how good of a fighter Bruce Lee was, had he been jumped by 100+ people, he'd have taken a beating. Artificially limit Alliances? People will just create unofficial alliances. Prevent veterans from attacking new players? They'll abuse that and have alternate 'new' accounts horde their weapons and whatever else in their thatch huts. Which will probably cause actual new players in their thatch huts to have tons of things kited to their bases all the time. 

If someone's got a 100% bonafide method to make some safe haven for new players on Officials without it being exploitable or feeling artificial, then we need to hear it, because it needs to get to WC ASAP. This isn't an attack on anyone, but it's frustrating for everyone to propose change, but have no answer when all the cards are down. 

That's why they should brainstorm and have people making suggestions on here in the hope they will listen! 

but I mean off the top of my head keep the ability to cross server because its not a bad idea in theory, but just have measures in place that you cant bring your whole bloody arsenal with you because a mega tribe will have everything in abundance. 

Possibly limit the amount of dino's and gear that can be transferred or have some sort of time limit per upload/download so you have to fight with what you have before you need to go and get more. 

I mean I dont know how feasible that is or probably in fact a terrible idea but just off the top of my head anyway and im sure there are people on here much more knowledgeable that can offer some good counter measures, BUT it does need to be altered in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Dinopapa88 said:

That's why they should brainstorm and have people making suggestions on here in the hope they will listen! 

but I mean off the top of my head keep the ability to cross server because its not a bad idea in theory, but just have measures in place that you cant bring your whole bloody arsenal with you because a mega tribe will have everything in abundance. 

Possibly limit the amount of dino's and gear that can be transferred or have some sort of time limit per upload/download so you have to fight with what you have before you need to go and get more. 

I mean I dont know how feasible that is or probably in fact a terrible idea but just off the top of my head anyway and im sure there are people on here much more knowledgeable that can offer some good counter measures, BUT it does need to be altered in my opinion.

Cross ark should leave though. Real talk

i would suggest only transfer toon and dino transfer only for a market selling system. can buy let say 5 dino a day from others. and no dino transfer to attack others like it is now. build, tame and fight on that server and earn youf spot between the players of that server.

it makes pvp beter and there will be a open market for dinos and resources. 

6 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

747 was like the 20th time we got GM wiped, we are still here and still haven't been wiped since release by an actual tribe.

Archived