Morals, ethics and whatnot of using the Water Breeding Glitch

McCluskeyy

1 minute ago, TheKringle said:

K, can't even follow your syllogisms now. Good luck and do try to not get so envious of what other people are doing. Peace brother.

No envy at all brother, I have all my dinos safe in my base which I procured from a legit method. I have the moral high ground here, all I see is butt hurt because your method is dying out, as it should. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, YinDragon said:

Thought the point of this thread was constructive discussion about a game exploit. Certainly a lot of down talking and name calling.

Monkey see monkey do. Obviously people are angry they've lost dinos, I was constructive and asked for thoughts at the beginning but was given a tirade of abuse when it clearly is an exploit. 

Personally im just defending my view within he confines of the limits they set me. 

Just now, YUSHOETMI said:

I procured from a legit method. I have the moral high ground here...

Like it or not, water breeding is a "legit method" too. And you only have "moral high ground" in your own head.

Like it or not, I have been in MANY games where abusing a glitch is commonplace, the admins/devs say "these accounts will be banned" and then they do nothing, while everyone who abused it gets to max everything out, and those of us who did it legit got screwed. Dupers still run around with their duped items, they weren't banned/wiped. just the bug they used got patched.

Just now, Zederia said:

Like it or not, water breeding is a "legit method" too. And you only have "moral high ground" in your own head.

Like it or not, I have been in MANY games where abusing a glitch is commonplace, the admins/devs say "these accounts will be banned" and then they do nothing, while everyone who abused it gets to max everything out, and those of us who did it legit got screwed. Dupers still run around with their duped items, they weren't banned/wiped. just the bug they used got patched.

Explain how water breeding is legit. If it's claimed to be an exploit by devs and mods then it is in no way legit but do try anyway. 

6 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

No envy at all brother, I have all my dinos safe in my base which I procured from a legit method. I have the moral high ground here, all I see is butt hurt because your method is dying out, as it should. 

That's nice, glad to hear your stuff is working well too. I currently have 3 allos, 4 rexes, 3 brontos, and 4 Yutyrannus babies floating and instead of hand-feeding, I'll probably go on a metal run and look for more Yutys =). It's cool that we can both breed in different ways and get the same results. 

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

how many of them were banned, exactly? "Can be banned" but they can't trace it, just fix it and let these dupers get away with it.

Well, lets count us lucky devs didn't decide to ban all players exploiting this glitch and delete all dinosaurs raised using this glitch method.

And don't tell me people didn't get advantages with this glitch. I was in a war with a tribe that happens to be using this glitch, in a way because they needed 5x more space to expand their base because they were raising 1000s of rexes per week so they could sell them.

1 minute ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Monkey see monkey do. Obviously people are angry they've lost dinos, I was constructive and asked for thoughts at the beginning but was given a tirade of abuse when it clearly is an exploit. 

Personally im just defending my view within he confines of the limits they set me. 

Did you forget that even WC is apparently abusing the bug too? Nobody is going to get banned. Cheating is BS but so is losing days of work and effort to a bug that should be a priority fix.

I think alot of banable/wpeable things get ignored because the game is still in alpha, probably the longest alpha phase I'v seen for anything, but alpha none the less.

with so many bugs in an alpha phase most everyone would end up banned for something or other. enjoy your gameplay today for tomorrow it may be gone.

I guess pretty much expect for anything to die at anytime and plan accordingly

4 minutes ago, TheKringle said:

That's nice, glad to hear your stuff is working well too. I currently have 3 allos, 4 rexes, 3 brontos, and 4 Yutyrannus babies floating and instead of hand-feeding, I'll probably go on a metal run and look for more Yutys =). It's cool that we can both breed in different ways and get the same results. 

Except....you're using an exploit nuff said. 

Funny how I can breed a giga, multiple Rex's, quetz, ovis and theri's at the same time without using an exploit but still manage to play the game to its fullest, farming, raiding and taming, plus fit in an active life without resorting to cheating. weird that

Just now, powerstuck said:

Well, lets count us lucky devs didn't decide to ban all players exploiting this glitch and delete all dinosaurs raised using this glitch method.

And don't tell me people didn't get advantages with this glitch.

ok, so let's look at it this way:

SHOULD the dinos starve with food in their inventory? No? Does water breeding prevent this? Yes.

And I never said people don't gain advantages. I do say, however, if I can't do it the "right way" because of a bug in the system then I should be able to work around it.

Again, PSA:

The water breeding still works, it's just a little modified with the ORP ruleset is all. Just remember to move your dinos out of water before you log out and you'll be golden. A quetz can pick up most floating babies (even rexes) so if you're having trouble getting them out of the water, just pick them up and drop them on dry land.

3 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

Did you forget that even WC is apparently abusing the bug too? Nobody is going to get banned. Cheating is BS but so is losing days of work and effort to a bug that should be a priority fix.

Never said people should be banned. I said they have no right to complain they lost dinos due to using a glitch. Is that not right?

Funny how I can breed a giga, multiple Rex's, quetz, ovis and theri's at the same time without using an exploit but still manage to play the game to its fullest, farming, raiding and taming, plus fit in an active life without resorting to cheating. You sound like a decent fella. 

so... how many in your tribe, exactly?

Just now, Zederia said:

ok, so let's look at it this way:

SHOULD the dinos starve with food in their inventory? No? Does water breeding prevent this? Yes.

And I never said people don't gain advantages. I do say, however, if I can't do it the "right way" because of a bug in the system then I should be able to work around it.

And all I am saying is that in no way should anyone who ''got to work around'' should be rewarded by being given a chance to save their babies they lost with the fix. 

2 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Except....you're using an exploit nuff said. 

Funny how I can breed a giga, multiple Rex's, quetz, ovis and theri's at the same time without using an exploit but still manage to play the game to its fullest, farming, raiding and taming, plus fit in an active life without resorting to cheating. weird that

That's cool, glad to hear you're so capable! unfortunately I don't have that much time to play, so I maximize the time I do have by getting my dinos in the water. It's great, because I get to the experience the full game on an official server!

Just now, powerstuck said:

And all I am saying is that in no way should anyone who ''got to work around'' should be rewarded by being given a chance to save their babies they lost with the fix. 

And all I am saying is they should have fixed the problem to begin with. They still haven't, they just fixed the workaround to make the problem less of a problem

1 minute ago, QuantumReaper said:

water breeding shouldn't have been removed from the game. this games play style is being tailored more and more for no lifers and large PVP tribes. the water breeding helped with the ridiculous amount of time required to breed something. the devs are F**King idiots 

Don't stress man, it still works. If you're on a pve server, you now have to move the dinos out of the water before logging off or server transferring, that's all.

10 active, around 17 in total. Lost a few to the flyer nerf that was active and a few because they rage quit when their giga died due to the food bug, point?

point: 9 other people to do your work FOR you while you "enjoy the game to its fullest" try doing it solo, please. Then tell me you can still "enjoy the game to its fullest" 

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

And all I am saying is they should have fixed the problem to begin with. They still haven't, they just fixed the workaround to make the problem less of a problem

We can agree on that. There are 1001 issues that exist since June 2015 when game first went live on steam that have not been fixed. 

Just now, TheKringle said:

That's cool, glad to hear you're so capable! unfortunately I don't have that much time to play, so I maximize the time I do have by getting my dinos in the water. It's great, because I get to the experience the full game on an official server!

Yeah I don't have much time to play either, couple of hours a night if I'm lucky, rarely weekends too as I spend that time with my family. Doesn't mean I want to resort to cheating tho, or make it right. I also experience the full game on official too, how strange. 

2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Again can anybody verify if the food bug is still an issue on pc? Haven't been on today. 

Archived