Wipe this awful update!

IamCake072

8 hours ago, BxSniperBx said:

You should create a topic on why the nerfed happened to pve to get those answers. If enough pve players voice there opinions their might be a logical reason why. If the majority don't agree on nerf the devs will listen and maybe they will ratify the mistake. & solely have the nerf on pvp like they have seperated picking up wilds on pvp from pve due to griefers.

Sadly, they won't.

I've been told by mods that pretty much nothing we say as far as the game goes matters.
150k using the vanilla flier mods, and a LOT of bitching on the forums has done nothing
but make it so that anyone who is not pro-nerf gets roasted. Sometimes rightfully so.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Sadly, they won't.

I've been told by mods that pretty much nothing we say as far as the game goes matters.
150k using the vanilla flier mods, and a LOT of bitching on the forums has done nothing
but make it so that anyone who is not pro-nerf gets roasted. Sometimes rightfully so.

But that's on both sides. I see people that are pro-nerf get roasted. Even I (And I'm pro-nerf when it comes to PvP, PvE I can understand the frustration) get roasted when I'm trying to get a polite discussion going. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Sadly, they won't.

You literally haven't been told that. In fact, you've very literally been told that suggestions don't guarantee a conclusion that gathering actual data would. Victim complex much?

13 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

I mean pvp in general.

Sniper isn't wrong when he says pvp has become all about aerial combat. But the thing is,
PVP'ers have no one to blame but themselves. They all quietly and unanimously chose to
have PVP's meta turn out this way, by looking for the quickest, easier, and most successful
way to play pvp in ark, and they did so by watching people on youtube play and just mimiced
them.

They didn't play themselves. They didn't try and test and figure out what worked or didn't.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Please, Extraterrestrial just stop.  There's is literally nothing true about this statement and we're all now dumber for having read it.

Of-course, you could inject some legitimacy to this comment by backing it up with some kind of evidence or at least even an idea of why you think that the flyer meta for PVP is just assumed rather than proven by literally millions of hours of Ark PVP game time.  What's your silver bullet?  Please use it and I'll fully support your call for a rollback of the nerf.

On 28/04/2017 at 6:20 AM, gigamonster said:

Really?? How is the game balanced now? Considering a flying animal is now the slowest thing in the game. Seems legit. You must be one of the ones crying about getting waxed by fliers that caused this debacle. Every server I've been on is livid and people are starting to leave.  Was fun after getting to know other tribes people personally but now it's getting to be all noobs and I don't have time for that. 

Pick any land Dino you like and I bet I can beat you from south 1 spawn  to Blue ob on these so called "slowest dinos" in game. Do you have to cross rivers? Nope, do birds get caught on rocks? Nope, do they pull agro? Nope, do they have to run around players bases? Nope.You are talking rubish... 

53 minutes ago, Smash said:

Please, Extraterrestrial just stop.  There's is literally nothing true about this statement and we're all now dumber for having read it.

Of-course, you could inject some legitimacy to this comment by backing it up with some kind of evidence or at least even an idea of why you think that the flyer meta for PVP is just assumed rather than proven by literally millions of hours of Ark PVP game time.  What's your silver bullet?  Please use it and I'll fully support your call for a rollback of the nerf.

I never called for a "roll back" on the nerf. If pvper's want this nerf, let the pvp'ers have it.

All I've wanted is for them to not force this crap on pve players, since both metas are different.

As for my "silver bullet", people have been strapping c4 to dodo's as far back as the game's
launch. Back then they utilized mostly throw-away dinos, like dodos and dilos, it took youtube
and big lets play channels like nerdparade to popularize it: Thus: monkey see, monkey raptoring do.

And lastly, good.. maybe if I weaken your I.Q enough you'll begin to listen to some reason.

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

You literally haven't been told that. In fact, you've very literally been told that suggestions don't guarantee a conclusion that gathering actual data would. Victim complex much?

No but thats what we think of it after the numerous times they left us in the dark. WC's lack of public relation led to this cinism towards them and they can only blame themselves for that.

22 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

No but thats what we think of it after the numerous times they left us in the dark. WC's lack of public relation led to this cinism towards them and they can only blame themselves for that.

As discussed in another thread, they are listening and responding to quite a bit lately. The proof is all around, if you know where to look. 

I've seen Jat reply to a couple threads today just while scrolling through the feed, on top of talking to a couple people on Twitter...

Or did you mean to this issue specifically, rather than a blanket statement about their public relations?

10 minutes ago, Bigskybear said:

As discussed in another thread, they are listening and responding to quite a bit lately. The proof is all around, if you know where to look. 

I've seen Jat reply to a couple threads today just while scrolling through the feed, on top of talking to a couple people on Twitter...

Or did you mean to this issue specifically, rather than a blanket statement about their public relations?

Yeah they are improving, i do have to give them that, but the damage has been delt. Loosing thrust is easy, regaining it is less. To answer, it was more a "in general they are bad at it" statement.

8 minutes ago, Bigskybear said:

It's funny isn't it.  It's as if people just assume that because they didn't get what they want, that they haven't been heard.

Using that logic you could assume that I must be their number 1 shareholder because practically everything I've ever asked for has come to pass.  

Probably the truth is in the middle.  They listen to everybody, consider what the majority seems to want, compare that with their own expectations of the game and then act as best the can.

2 minutes ago, Smash said:

It's funny isn't it.  It's as if people just assume that because they didn't get what they want, that they haven't been heard.

Using that logic you could assume that I must be their number 1 shareholder because practically everything I've ever asked for has come to pass.  

Probably the truth is in the middle.  They listen to everybody, consider what the majority seems to want, compare that with their own expectations of the game and then act as best the can.

I would concur. It's honestly the best anyone can do when faced with that many voices and opinions, I believe.

As they say, you can't please everyone.

44 minutes ago, Sh4rk said:

I just came by to say:

AAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HOOOOOOOHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAWAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA

Console peeps really don't know what it was like dealing with a worse nerf. it makes me giggle, to say the least.

I think that is something a few of my fellow console players tend to forget.

I may not have it on PC, but I remember reading through that Steam megathread to get an idea on what exactly had been tweaked...yikes.

On 4/29/2017 at 5:27 AM, Darkwinter said:

And that's the reason why they're balanced. And that's why the "winners" have adapted already and the "winners" that will think they can't "win" anymore are here on the forums begging for a reversed update. And that's also why the "non-winners" and the "winners" that can adapt are here to help the devs to balance things more out. 

Why should I have to adapt to a tame that was great before to one that is worthless now?  We were penalized because people were complaining to devs. 

On 4/29/2017 at 5:36 AM, BxSniperBx said:

All these version are testers, if you haven't acknowledge it, this is not a full released game. They will come out with a V3 and if people aren't satisfied, possibly a V4. Right now all you can do is voice a solution to the problem where others will agree. & not just say well if it wasn't for the majority losers when winners of raids can agree too they needed a cap.

I am voicing a solution and why the problem was created. 

22 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

Pick any land Dino you like and I bet I can beat you from south 1 spawn  to Blue ob on these so called "slowest dinos" in game. Do you have to cross rivers? Nope, do birds get caught on rocks? Nope, do they pull agro? Nope, do they have to run around players bases? Nope.You are talking rubish... 

What a moron. Even before nerf an ally bet me his rex would outrun my 185 speed argy around Carno island. Yes it was flat but he smoked me. It was high lvl rex with points in Stam and speed.  Seems legit. Nice try though

8 hours ago, gigamonster said:

Why should I have to adapt to a tame that was great before to one that is worthless now?  We were penalized because people were complaining to devs. 

People from PvP love the update and the people from PvE don't. And maybe there will come a better solution for PvE players, but you will just have to wait instead of rambling on without knowing the definite outcome of this.

Not to forget this game is still in alpha. I wonder how people would react if we weren't able to play alpha and just got the game with this flyer speeds. 

On 4/28/2017 at 0:21 AM, IamCake072 said:

Devs arrogance is destroying whats left of this game. Washed out graphics, terrible new interface and the flying nerf. Really dropping the ball 

I tried starting a few new threads of my own reviewing the nerf, proposing solutions to the nerf, etc.. Community moderators just came in and merged every post I made into a different thread with 15 pages of everyone disliking the thread. Imagine how many threads there would be of all of us giving this nerf a bad review? Lol when will the devs admit it was a poorly executed idea? The few ppl who actually argue with us and like the nerf post 20 times during my 10 minute flight to volcano

4 hours ago, Darkwinter said:

People from PvP love the update and the people from PvE don't. And maybe there will come a better solution for PvE players, but you will just have to wait instead of rambling on without knowing the definite outcome of this.

Not to forget this game is still in alpha. I wonder how people would react if we weren't able to play alpha and just got the game with this flyer speeds. 

Really?? If they got the game with post nerf speeds they wouldn't know what they were missing! Common sense is a wonderful thing. But then again they would start complaining and devs would ultimately raise flying speed and we would be back to where we should be today. You made my point. Thanks

32 minutes ago, gigamonster said:

Really?? If they got the game with post nerf speeds they wouldn't know what they were missing! Common sense is a wonderful thing. But then again they would start complaining and devs would ultimately raise flying speed and we would be back to where we should be today. You made my point. Thanks

Yes because then you know how metal runs used to be and then you know how raiding was before the nerf. And ofcourse you would also know how it feels to fly at lightning speed. Oh wait, you wouldn't. 

Common sense, remember? 

5 minutes ago, Darkwinter said:

Yes because then you know how metal runs used to be and then you know how raiding was before the nerf. And ofcourse you would also know how it feels to fly at lightning speed. Oh wait, you wouldn't. 

Common sense, remember? 

My metal runs consist of my 265 ankylo but if you remember my earlier posts were I stated that. Oh wait you don't.  

"I wonder how people would react if we weren't able to play alpha and just got the game with this flyer speeds."

Obviously I wouldn't have known how other people did metal runs and I wouldn't know how it felt to fly at lightning speed if I never played this alpha game.  Don't become a lawyer dude because your skills are subpar.

33 minutes ago, gigamonster said:

My metal runs consist of my 265 ankylo but if you remember my earlier posts were I stated that. Oh wait you don't.  

"I wonder how people would react if we weren't able to play alpha and just got the game with this flyer speeds."

Obviously I wouldn't have known how other people did metal runs and I wouldn't know how it felt to fly at lightning speed if I never played this alpha game.  Don't become a lawyer dude because your skills are subpar.

I'm just gonna stop reacting to you. There is definitely no way to have a normal conversation with you and that's definitely not because of me.

Archived