NPC Bush People mod

Jaywall

I know there's a "chance" some mods will make it to console on full release but I think this one is a NECESSITY for the games replay value. I play non dedi since every online server I've joined takes a month to build a decent base, then you find out the Alphas are bullies and just wipe tames and waste your time etc. I play non dedi which is what me and my friends like to do, but once you tame your favorite Dino and have more than just a club... It's really not challenging anymore. I feel it would really help with the longevity of the games life on consoles. Because let's be honest, I had heard that ark would have a plot and story later so I was like "well won't we get NPC characters then?" Because as of now usually the most fun thing about ark for me and friends was exploring the dangerous map and building everywhere, but we haven't had a new map in months.

27 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

I know there's a "chance" some mods will make it to console on full release but I think this one is a NECESSITY for the games replay value. I play non dedi since every online server I've joined takes a month to build a decent base, then you find out the Alphas are bullies and just wipe tames and waste your time etc. I play non dedi which is what me and my friends like to do, but once you tame your favorite Dino and have more than just a club... It's really not challenging anymore. I feel it would really help with the longevity of the games life on consoles. Because let's be honest, I had heard that ark would have a plot and story later so I was like "well won't we get NPC characters then?" Because as of now usually the most fun thing about ark for me and friends was exploring the dangerous map and building everywhere, but we haven't had a new map in months.

could be an interesting addition to the game. would be really hard to balance and work out tho. 

11 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

Why is that? From what I've seen the mod works just fine on PC

well for starters, there are alot of people on a server, so how do you balance the NPC's? if you make them a challenge for end game players they will just instantly destroy new players.

questions like:

-will they attack? and when (online/offline)?

-do they tame creatures? or do they instantly spawn them?

- do they build? and on what scale? would there be lootable chests?

- will they roam the island or stay in 1 place?

ARK isnt a game with a fixed story line and it take alot of time to get things done. so implementing an additional challenge can be devastating for some players on a server.

i know the mod had alot of problems with them building all over the island and killing everything, that is if we are talking about the same mod.

37 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

well for starters, there are alot of people on a server, so how do you balance the NPC's? if you make them a challenge for end game players they will just instantly destroy new players.

questions like:

-will they attack? and when (online/offline)?

-do they tame creatures? or do they instantly spawn them?

- do they build? and on what scale? would there be lootable chests?

- will they roam the island or stay in 1 place?

ARK isnt a game with a fixed story line and it take alot of time to get things done. so implementing an additional challenge can be devastating for some players on a server.

i know the mod had alot of problems with them building all over the island and killing everything, that is if we are talking about the same mod.

Right see I'm talking non dedi or single player though.

I do not like this mod at all. It took down one of my servers in cluster and i lost my transferred character to it, with all imprints on my main server. I agree with @BobRoss. Big open world game with no fixed story line. Makes balanc a nightmare, even without NPC's. But it would be nice to see this as an option, expecially for singleplayer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived