Bosses in Single player

Voidstar

The bosses don't do as much damage and have less health in single player and player dedicated severs than in officials. (Edit: I think this only applies to Xbox servers)

You can't take in Paracers, Diplos, Brontos, Gigas, Titans or any flier (except for the Manticore fight on SE). 

Best bet than is unfortunately bred Rexes with OP saddles. Weapons would be either Assault Rifles or Compound Bows of a decent quality with loads of ammo. 

But don't get me wrong here, DO NOT enter with only you and those weapons, you'll die. Well, you have to prepare to die anyways and lose all your dinos. 

Back to the part about breeding Rexes. They don't have to be 150s. The important part about breeding and imprinting is the 30% boost to resistance and damage when riding them, though only one of your dinos would get the boost because you can only ride one, d'oh. 

Otherwise you could change some settings like dino resistance or player damage in your game and make it super easy. But that would defeat the whole purpose I guess and you could spawn all the fancy Tek stuff with admin commands. 

Unfortunately you aren't left with many options. 

10 hours ago, hudi1 said:

You can not enter to the boss arena are with giga. I dont think there is a way how to solo defeat boss. Maybe easy broodmother with 20 rexex on follow. Playing ark solo is very boring. Try to find some friends and defeat bosses with them

And you come to this conclusion because? Maybe he likes to be on his own. 

1 hour ago, Darkwinter said:

And you come to this conclusion because? Maybe he likes to be on his own. 

well I thought that first I should play the game alot on singleplayer and learn as much as possible about the engrams items dinos game maps...then I would try servers with many people. This game is horribly hard on single player until you learn alot, and even then you still can get anytime screwed and lose all your stuff and dinosaurs...can t even imagine the horros and griefing in pvp....

I play from time to time with a pal on a non dedicated server

I don t want to spawn TEK stuff for myself, nor I want to die hopelessly against the bosses...I already use some admin commands from time to time and every time i use them the game gets more an more boring...

35 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

I play with a tribe, but they're either not interested or not invested enough to tackle bosses, so I'm in the same boat as you. 

My recommendation is to wait until release, since they're likely not even remotely balanced right now beyond "Zerg with god-tier rexes and pray"

:( I have one lvl 60 rex and a yellow saddle...a lvl 120 spino with a yellow saddle and a 130 bear...

11 hours ago, maze said:

The bosses don't do as much damage and have less health in single player and player dedicated severs than in officials. (Edit: I think this only applies to Xbox servers)

You can't take in Paracers, Diplos, Brontos, Gigas, Titans or any flier (except for the Manticore fight on SE). 

Best bet than is unfortunately bred Rexes with OP saddles. Weapons would be either Assault Rifles or Compound Bows of a decent quality with loads of ammo. 

But don't get me wrong here, DO NOT enter with only you and those weapons, you'll die. Well, you have to prepare to die anyways and lose all your dinos. 

Back to the part about breeding Rexes. They don't have to be 150s. The important part about breeding and imprinting is the 30% boost to resistance and damage when riding them, though only one of your dinos would get the boost because you can only ride one, d'oh. 

Otherwise you could change some settings like dino resistance or player damage in your game and make it super easy. But that would defeat the whole purpose I guess and you could spawn all the fancy Tek stuff with admin commands. 

Unfortunately you aren't left with many options. 

Can I take gigas inside with admin commands? That could balance stuff a bit...

I guess I will try editing those settings...not sure about the values but I will try...thanks for the tip

How do I know the hp of bosses in SP? I find the values of standard server on ark wiki

38 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

I play with a tribe, but they're either not interested or not invested enough to tackle bosses, so I'm in the same boat as you. 

My recommendation is to wait until release, since they're likely not even remotely balanced right now beyond "Zerg with god-tier rexes and pray"

what are they doing then? no tek tier for them??

On single player all bosses are doable solo. All the exact same way. You will need to invest the time and breed a rex army, and fish or do caves to find a good saddle. (the bp use is mastercraft with 90 armor.)

Broodmother - mount one rex. Wait till she crosses bridge, then whistle attack target. Charge in after your rexes. She can't kill you off a mount. On single player, with reduced health, all difficulties are doable with rexes bred well with high health and melee. 

Ape - He can kill you off your mount. Jump on a rex, and kite him down to the beginning area, then run back and hide behind your rexes. When he is really close, whistle aggressive and they will shred him. Hard ape is a much quicker kill then hard brood on single player. The only reason I kite him down is because I've lost good rexes that have fallen in the abyss to the right which isn't blocked off. This way rexes don't have to move at all. And he has never gotten me with his rocks when I am chilling behind my rexes spawn point. 

Dragon - The other two are almost always a sure thing for me. This one can be tricky. If he actually spawns In correctly, I mount a rex and run around dodging fireballs and try and get him to land at top of hill near beginning. Then I whistle my rexes to attack. They can usually kill him before he flies off. The only issue is if you get murdered by Dimorphodons, fireballs, or rexes get stuck In rocks or lava. (that's why I tend to leave them at the spawn point and have them make the short run up the hill.) While my rexes are attack, I try and hide. If you are feeling ballsy you can snipe him with something. 

I can't think of a way to do them solo without 20 really nicely bred tames, and I've never tried it with anything but a rex. Ape and brood I get 100% of the time after some practice. Once I got dragon tek grams, I've never tried again. 

This is on an Xbox player dedicated. Settings for player and dino damage are default, no boosts in dino or player melee or health. If you aren't willing put in the time to hunt down some good breeders, get mutations, and imprint...then bosses solo may not be your thing.

Feel free to message me with any questions. 

20 hours ago, Voidstar said:

what are they doing then? no tek tier for them??

A good question! And some bitter irony; I DON'T want the tek tier, I like looking primitive, I just want their heads as trophies, and am willing to put in the time and effort to slay the bosses. 

My tribemates DO want the tek tier, but aren't anywhere willing to put in the time or effort. I've gone so far as to fertilize and store rex eggs (with 3 max or near max that I've caught) and all they have to do is raise/imprint them, then ride them into battle. Nope!

Oh well, maybe it'll be different on full release!

On 4/25/2017 at 2:42 AM, Voidstar said:

Basically what would take to defeat solo broodmother easy/med/hard , megapithecus easy/med/hard and the dragon easy/med/heard?

I saw alot of videos but I guess they were older and nerfs occured. I don t own lvl 150 rexes 100% imprinted with god saddles..

What do I need? Gigas, what lvl? Weapons?

You don'the need op breed rexes just tame up 6 or 7 high level rexes and do some easy bosses until u can get more my tribe took down easy broodmother with 6 rexes and 2 rexes jumped down the cliff and didn't even attack so very doable with only tamed rexes

11 hours ago, Stud1318God said:

You don'the need op breed rexes just tame up 6 or 7 high level rexes and do some easy bosses until u can get more my tribe took down easy broodmother with 6 rexes and 2 rexes jumped down the cliff and didn't even attack so very doable with only tamed rexes

what levels, saddles, melees?

11 hours ago, Airthrow said:

A good question! And some bitter irony; I DON'T want the tek tier, I like looking primitive, I just want their heads as trophies, and am willing to put in the time and effort to slay the bosses. 

My tribemates DO want the tek tier, but aren't anywhere willing to put in the time or effort. I've gone so far as to fertilize and store rex eggs (with 3 max or near max that I've caught) and all they have to do is raise/imprint them, then ride them into battle. Nope!

Oh well, maybe it'll be different on full release!

11 hours ago, Stud1318God said:

I like the primitive aspect of the game alot but I am curious about the tek tier !

i want the trophies too haha

Archived