Re-balancing the Fliers, Mk. 2!

TheRightHand

23 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

People shouldn't be farming that much metal in the first place. Way too many people are exploiting the game so the devs are fighting back. 

The devs didn't ruin the game, all of the alphas did.

So go out and do the same. No one is stopping you.  

Plus, when WC allowed transfer to and from any official server, ye, THEY killed ark by ALLOWING the mega tribes loose. So don't blame players for using game mechanics to their advantage. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly we need to farm this much as alpha.. I don't wanna spend 3-4 hours of my day farming metal raptor that.. if we don't farm we get wiped. This is when people find dupe tricks and start duping there's so many ways to dupe and some people will never come forward about it. The flyer nerf and weight glitch patch raptored us over.

1 hour ago, DattoSSS said:

Devs you have a great game but it has outgrown your initial vision.  You need to look at what people enjoy rather than what you originally planned.  

This game has been in early access a long time, the purpose of early access being a development phase for the community to assist you with the direction the game should progress in.  I believe the community has spoken loudly.  

As defined by STEAM:

What is Early Access?

Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.

We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process. We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.

@Jat

@TheRightHand

@bubblywums

This is exactly what needs to happen! The game has evolved past the original vision of the Dev team. The game at this point IS its community and how they play it. That should be the guide for how the game progresses.

Again, Minecraft is a perfect example. Is today's Minecraft what Notch originally envisioned? Part Yes, but mostly No. Bugs became core game mechanics, Mods became Vanilla content, updates began to focus on content the community asked for.

Does it always go smoothly? No. Is there controversy? Yes. But when the community speaks, the Devs listen, communicate, and do their best to deliver every time. I've yet to see them say, that's not what we envisioned. They always try to let the community guide the games evolution.

As a result, they have one of the strongest, longest lasting, & growing communities any game Dev has ever dreamed of. They also found a way to balance every different game mode to please the majority.

I believe Ark is just as special, and Wildcard is just as talented. However, it needs to be accepted that the success is not in telling the community how to play, but in asking them how they like to play. Then, doing everything possible to encourage those various play styles.   

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

That was part of the fix. They are a little faster, or should I say back to where they were.

as far as points go, that won't happen. If they do that then there was no purpose of the nerf to begin with. They already helped everyone out, but they will not revert

They CAN reduce the amount per point spent for speed on flyers, instead of removing the speed levels entirely, which is what I am advocating for. 

Just now, GipsyDanger said:

So go out and do the same. No one is stopping you.  

Plus, when WC allowed transfer to and from any official server, ye, THEY killed ark by ALLOWING the mega tribes loose. So don't blame players for using game mechanics to their advantage. 

As far as the exploits I was talking about was unlimited weight glitches.

this nerf is kind of a real what you sow situation 

1 minute ago, Tesseract said:

They CAN reduce the amount per point spent for speed on flyers, instead of removing the speed levels entirely, which is what I am advocating for. 

And I am a person of compromise. Even though I don't think any points should be added into speed, I would be fine with a 1% per level increase 

My server is The Center, and now several tribes that used flyers are basically trapped where they settled because of how difficult it is now to get flyers to where they need to go.  Even my super fast Ptera would take FOREVER to go anywhere on such a large map.  Brontos and Paracers cannot get into the central floating island for resource gathering, so gathering from that area requires flyers.  This nerf really makes playing on The Center much, much more annoying.

Yeah, I play on a fairly small 20-slot server with just a few friends, and one of them had just started construction on a base near the ice palace in the cave underneath the edge of the world.  He uh, he doesn't play anymore...

Just now, Blutzen said:

Yeah, I play on a fairly small 20-slot server with just a few friends, and one of them had just started construction on a base near the ice palace in the cave underneath the edge of the world.  He uh, he doesn't play anymore...

:(  Mine's also a small 30 slot server.  It was just starting to get going with player numbers having peaks of 7 on at a time during some times too.  Now its max 3 on at a time.  :(

Just now, Volcano637 said:

You put a level into movement speed and it increases by 1% so it it start at 100% and you put a level into it then it would be 101%

it would still make it faster than anything else but at the same time I am sure nobody would try to abuse it that much

Uhh... that's what I was suggesting, you just put s specific number to it.  You used to get ~2.5% per point put in for speed, so reducing that point to 1 or 1.5% when there are now much more.. ahh.. useful? options of stam or weight or hp that get much better gains would lead to more meaningful choices on players.  Sure, I could spend all 65 of my flyers gained levels on speed... getting it to 65% faster than a wild one... which is fast, but not too fast.

I thought you were suggesting something regarding taming effectiveness, like for each level gained through tame effectiveness, gain 1% speed boost (so taming a level 10 to a level 15 with perfect effectiveness would give 5% more speed right off the bat, and no option to increase speed with level points).

I really don't get how it is so hard to play a game with slow flyers. Believe me last fire season I took a while 6 months off because I just didn't have time to play it.

if all I had was a couple hours I wouldn't play this game in the first place. Not because I don't like it but because I k ow it takes time. So when I do have the time I make the best of it, and if I don't have time then I don't get on because I know nothing will be accomplished.

this game is time consuming, it doesn't matter if now it takes a little more time. If you don't have the time, then don't do it. It doesn't seem that hard to understand 

11 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

As far as the exploits I was talking about was unlimited weight glitches.

this nerf is kind of a real what you sow situation 

Ok, the weight issue with quetz/anky I agree. But the speed of the birds is the issue. I would trade weight capacity, health, and melee for speed in both the quetz and pterans.

But what WC has done is made the fliers even with those changes useless. Breeding them offers ZERO benefit (well perhaps VERY little benefit) 

Now rexes, allos, etc will have unlimited weight, health, melee, and speed through breeding. So they killed one issue, but created 100 more (figuratively) 

Uhh... that's what I was suggesting, you just put s specific number to it.  You used to get ~2.5% per point put in for speed, so reducing that point to 1 or 1.5% when there are now much more.. ahh.. useful? options of stam or weight or hp that get much better gains would lead to more meaningful choices on players.  Sure, I could spend all 65 of my flyers gained levels on speed... getting it to 65% faster than a wild one... which is fast, but not too fast.

I thought you were suggesting something regarding taming effectiveness, like for each level gained through tame effectiveness, gain 1% speed boost (so taming a level 10 to a level 15 with perfect effectiveness would give 5% more speed right off the bat, and no option to increase speed with level points).

and I am completely fine with a 165% bird flying around, hands down.

as long as once the bird is tamed no levels passively go into speed. A no matter what max 165% bird? Yes I can get on board with that

Just now, Volcano637 said:

and I am completely fine with a 165% bird flying around, hands down.

as long as once the bird is tamed no levels passively go into speed. A no matter what max 165% bird? Yes I can get on board with that

I would be happy with that, at least having the CHOICE to make it a little faster when leveling it, as opposed to not having the choice.  Make it a kinda sucky choice, but still a choice.

And allow flyer config options for servers and single player games so I can still bomb around on a superfast flyer on my singleplayer :P

4 minutes ago, GipsyDanger said:

Ok, the weight issue with quetz/anky I agree. But the speed of the birds is the issue. I would trade weight capacity, health, and melee for speed in both the quetz and pterans. 

TBH the issue with the quetz wasn't the speed, it was the stam which I somewhat agree with. That and the fact you can't dismount and regain stam in mid air.

you are the first I have heard co plain about the speed of the quetz rather than the stam

1 minute ago, GipsyDanger said:

Why not? Breeding should offer a high bonus. If you speed the time to breed over and over, you should get rewarded. Land dinos now have unlimited stats when breeding... Trade one issue for 10 more... 

Tamed land Dinos aren't glitching into bases. Movement speed should no longer be a part of flyer breeding

10 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

TBH the issue with the quetz wasn't the speed, it was the stam which I somewhat agree with. That and the fact you can't dismount and regain stam in mid air.

you are the first I have heard co plain about the speed of the quetz rather than the stam

VOLCANO, I can no  longer reply ATM............I would like to see the stam regen in flight just take much longer, but still have it. That was or is one of the [perks of a quetz, IMO

Not being able to get around fast on a flyer is an absolute killer for me and I hate everything about it. 

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived