Perfect Tame (Share in my joy)

DeweyDecimal

6 hours ago, Josh5647 said:

This is wrong, bred stats are based on the stats right after the dino is tamed, but some are harder to calculate because they get a bonus after taming. You can look the bonuses up on http://ark.gamepedia.com.  Here is the Anky's page http://ark.gamepedia.com/Ankylosaurus.  Scroll down to the stats and you'll see that for melee the Anky gets an additive bonus of 14% and a multiplicative bonus of 17.6%.  It just takes some simple math to get the number of points into melee if you know the taming effectiveness. The stat you see on your dino after taming is (post tame stat + additive bonus) * (1 + taming effectiveness * multiplicative bonus). So solve for post tame stat and you get (stat you see) / (1 + taming effectiveness * multiplicative bonus) - additive bonus.  Since you said 49 points I'm going to assume the melee you saw was about 345%, and the taming effectiveness for a perfect tame anky on official at 1x is 99.2%.  Plug in the numbers and you get 345% / (1 + .992 * .176) - 14% = 279.7%. Melee is always a multiple of 5 so we'll round that to 280%, and that's the number you use to get the points into melee which is (280 - 100) / 5 = 36.  You can use the same equation for a baby's stats if you haven't imprinted yet, but use 100% for taming effectiveness.

For most dinos, melee and food are the only stats that get a taming bonus, so the other stats you can just plug into any stat calculator.

tl;dr - Your Anky has about 36 points in melee.

awesome job calculating this,

we got ankys that hatch at 450% melee how many levels is that?

10 hours ago, Zubsero said:

Im really happy for your 150 tame, but nowhere near is your animal having 49 points into melee, U have to check it BEFORE u actually complete the tame, 49 points is something u will be looking at a second generation bred animal usually... the trick is that after actually taming it it got a lucky boost of randomly distributed points, and those points wont carry over when u will breed it...

Why do you come in telling people they're wrong when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about?
The only way a second generation animal has 49 points in melee, is if one of the parents has it. Breeding uses exactly those stats OP put into the calculator. The distribution before taming is a minor indicator at best precisely because the levels after taming are distributed randomly. Animals absolutely do tame out with 49 points in melee, though it's rare to get that lucky, which is why OP is so happy.

18 hours ago, ncola7 said:

why not? what's the way to do it then? post tame no domestic levels.

The reason the calculators don't work for post tame stats, is because the tame gets a bonus to certain stats when tamed based on taming effectiveness. This is not bonus levels, just a bonus to the stat. Health and melee are usually the ones that get it, but others sometimes do as well.

7 hours ago, Crows said:

Oh I understand that, but... wait, so even tranqing a tame like normal won't give you 100% effectiveness? I'm confused lol. I know not to hit them AFTER they go unconscious though,  learned that the hard way.

The taming effectiveness only goes down if they get hurt after being unconscious. A perfect tame uses kibble for nearly every dino, but the taming effectiveness will be a little less than 100%.  You can check the taming effectiveness if you look at the dino while it's being tamed, and most taming calculators will list it for each food type.

3 hours ago, sal said:

awesome job calculating this,

we got ankys that hatch at 450% melee how many levels is that?

54 levels would hatch at 451.6%.

14 hours ago, Zubsero said:

mate, always use the calculator POST tame, after tame the points get randomly distributed...

pre = before

post = after

"use calc pre-tame"

8 hours ago, Crows said:

Ok. Brain-fart/noob-moment here but how do you know if something's a perfect tame? what's with all the calculations etc? can somebody simply explain how you find out if something is a perfect tame or not? I usually use dododex FYI. 

perfect tame is achieved using the nr1 preferred food for taming and making sure no extra dmg is inflicted while the creature is unconscious. so if everything goes perfectly, a 150 rex should get 71 TE levels using scorp kibble. mutton nets you 70 levels so "not perfect". a lvl 5 dodo can also be perfect tamed if you follow the same rules. though now that i'm thinking about it, evolution event taming boost should be the new standard.

Archived