how do i get private server spawns to work like official?

FishLizard

how do i get private server spawns to work like official?

As the title, how do I get dino spawns to work like they do on official.

If I see a dino I want I have to rush back to base, get stuff ready and possible a friend, and chase that dino down to tame it before it despawns. But on private server (I'm new to this, so only been on the 1) as long as another player doesn't kill or capture it, it will remain where it is indefinitely. 

dinos naturally despawning also prevents the absolute insane fields of over populated dinos. Like 1 dodo/m2 ridiculousness after the bigger dinos have been killed in an area. 

The level of dinos is also really low. Like, on official I can fly/swim/run around hunting for a specific dino and it could take up to 30 minutes of looking in a specific spawn zone, but I can definitely find a 150 of a species, or 145 if looking for specific gender in that time frame. On the private one, I'm lucky if I can find a 130 after scouring the entire map

Officials are pretty much that way now too because of the various fixes they've done to keep wild spawns happening during high population times it is extremely rare for things to just despawn.

So if you want different spawns, kill everything, and if you want to tame a dino, honestly it's best to take the supplies with you when you go out looking. That way even when he rare despawn could have happened, you never left render, so you're fine.

21 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

So wait, is that 150 Raptor you want to tame NOT DESPAWNING a bad thing, or did I misread?

Yep, it is a bad thing. the few 150 spawns that happen in the world are a small exception. very small. minuscule even, as outside of untamable cave dinos they're rarer than unicorns.:P

the problem is the other dinos. The lack of their despawning, causing overpopulation as new ones spawn in is an issue that a lucky encounter that I can mark for later doesn't make up for.

5 hours ago, Kallor said:

When you log off each night type " DestroyWildDinos " in the console.  That will at least give you a fresh and balanced set of dinos each day.  Just pretend you are on a busy server with lots of people who kill everything and it's roughly the same effect.

If I enjoyed wiping dinos with admincheat then I wouldn't be here on the forums trying to find a real fix to the issue. 

1 hour ago, FishLizard said:

If I enjoyed wiping dinos with admincheat then I wouldn't be here on the forums trying to find a real fix to the issue. 

Murdering them yourself, or with admin commands IS the real fix to the issue. Even on officials things rarely despawn. The reason you find more 150s there, is because considerate people don't kill them. They kill everything else, and leave the 150 alive and alone. Then more things spawn, and all but the high levels are killed again the next time somebody needs meat.

1 hour ago, FishLizard said:

Someone stated this earlier, but that is the real fix right now..besides going and manually killing every dino yourself.

The nice thing about dedicateds is you control the ability to make the game more playable and fix things yourself instead of waiting on support tickets lol. 

2 hours ago, Brayn said:

Spawns on private servers are just broken.  You could do 100 laps on half burnt island and you'd still only see raptors 99% of the time.  Never has any official server had literally 150 raptors and only raptors on half burnt.

Because people kill them.

Spawns are random within the sets of dinos that can spawn at a given point.

Doesn't really solve your problem, but i know that if you pull a Dino too far away from where it spawned eventually it will despawn with no one around.

Also you can adjust the spawns manually within your game INI file. You can find the templates very easily on google, But its very difficult to get it right. Just a tiny change can cause a massive overpopulation of one type of dino. Its up to you if your willing to put all the time into getting it right.

2 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Because people kill them.

Spawns are random within the sets of dinos that can spawn at a given point.

Maybe it's different on PC where you can edit .ini files and have a ton of other server options, but on consoles dino spawns are 100% broken for player dedis.  If you don't do a dino wipe, you get overspawns of wolves in the cold, dodos on beaches and raptors on carno island.

Having spent a month on an Island extinction server that averaged 4 players at any time, I can say for 100% sure the way dinos spawn on officials is vastly different than on player dedis.  No one was there to clear dinos on carno island always had fresh and varying spawns whenever my tribe would do laps to level our dinos.

On a player dedi, after 1 lap you'd get nothing but raptors.  Doing a wild dino wipe would reset the spawns to normal, but only for 1 lap.

59 minutes ago, Glydyr said:

Doesn't really solve your problem, but i know that if you pull a Dino too far away from where it spawned eventually it will despawn with no one around.

That happens on official settings but on private servers you can take a kairuku and place it in a 1x1x1 box on herbivore island and leave it there indefinitely. There's no despawn mechanics at all.  longest we've gone without a server wipe was 5 days. Left a bunch of stuff in a taming pen/capture cage and some even in an outpost I had. Doesn't matter where I went or for how long, everything was still there right up until we wiped the server or I tamed them. 

Archived