Official Server Rollback and wipe of CrossARK Storage Items

Jatheish

• Administrator

Update: We are also going to be increasing breeding, maturing, and egg hatching rates for a while to make up for the lost time, our sincerest apologies again. We will be working on measures immediately to prevent a situation like this from occurring again in the event that there is a service disruption from our host.

Attention Survivors,

On Wednesday, Amazon Web Services experienced a severe outage which affected a lot of their services and clients, including the CrossARK Transfer System. Following this we will be conducting a major rollback on all Official Servers to just before this incident, and will be wiping all Cross ARK storage of any items due to a dupe glitch which surfaced due to the incident.

We apologise about the delay in getting this response out, unfortunately this incident occurred at an unfortunate timing, with a lot of our employees travelling mid flight to the Game Dev Conference and were without equipment/internet/hardware necessary to take care of the situation.

The rollback should happen in the next 2 hours, and we will be running an Evolution Event with bonuses to taming, harvesting, and experience to make up for the losses suffered for the rest of the week. Rollbacks are always unfortunate and we’re sorry for the loss and disruption of service caused by this, as well as our response but are keen to get back on track.

We are also going to be working on implementing some fail safe methods to help avoid situations like this in the future.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly happens to the people who are legitimately trying to play this game?  I took a week off of work starting last Friday to play.  I was finally at the point where I could start taming dinos and getting my base to metal.  I put in the time to tame 4 stegos, 4 trikes, 8 dilos, 6 scoprions, 3 anklyos, 2 Sarcos, a Kapershus, I raised 4 babies, and farmed over 600 metal ceilings and walls done.  

How am I going to be compensated for this? a 3x taming bonus is not going to replace the babies I raised with ridiculous imprinting, the sleep I lost in order to get there, or the 600 metal walls or ceilings that I created.

This is not fair in any way shape or form to those of us who took time to play this game.  I logged over 30 hours in the last two days playing this game, and you are telling me it is going to be removed, and I get a 3x taming bonus?  Simply not good enough.  There has to be an alternative, otherwise I just lost 30 hours of my life, during a time I took time off of work, to play this game.

• Jatheish unpinned and locked this topic

Archived