Anyone confirm the drops from an Alpha Tusoteuthis? Black pearls mainly.

cfgonyea90

Anyone confirm the drops from an Alpha Tusoteuthis? Black pearls mainly.

Anybody here kill an alpha tuso or see one killed and the loot inside? Im trying to see how worth it would be to set myself up to kill alpha tuso's and if its better/same/worse in terms of black pearl farming.. i know alpha mosas give 100 and regular squids to have between 30-40, so how many would an alpha squid offer?

• Volunteer Moderator

the last one we killed was a level 45 female, she gave 200 black pearls, 100 substrate, 100 tentacles, 74 oil (weird), bunch of fish and prime fish and an ascendant fishing pole. what i thought was strange was the pearls/substrate/fishing pole was in a bag that was dropped (had to swim down and find it in a crack). mosa was empty except for some fishmeat so not over the "item limit"....idk

probably irrelevant but i wonder if the number of critters fighting it somehow changes what it will drop, there were three mosa that fought it, 2 in tribe, one allied. again...idk

7 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

the last one we killed was a level 45 female, she gave 200 black pearls, 100 substrate, 100 tentacles, 74 oil (weird), bunch of fish and prime fish and an ascendant fishing pole. what i thought was strange was the pearls/substrate/fishing pole was in a bag that was dropped (had to swim down and find it in a crack). mosa was empty except for some fishmeat so not over the "item limit"....idk

probably irrelevant but i wonder if the number of critters fighting it somehow changes what it will drop, there were three mosa that fought it, 2 in tribe, one allied. again...idk

Hmm dunno iv never fought alpha squids with more than one critter (1 with a mosa, the rest I killed with my own squid) iv never seen more than 75 pearls (or less) come out on official, however I play on primitive (where substrate dosnt even drop) so maybe our values are set differently.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

alpha mosas

never gotten less than 100 pearls from an alpha mosa so it must not be a set amount, unless you are saying you always get 100. we have only killed around 35 of them tho, from level 10 to 145.

weird tho on the squid thing?

1 minute ago, ThzNutz said:

so we agree it is strange we would get 200 then right? how many mosa/critters were fighting? always one?

Anywhere from one to twenty at one point, I use Mosa's as pack mules as I get Oil, and sometimes they have to kick an Alpha's teeth in. Usually one, but not always.

This is also from an Official PvP Island server, if that info matters. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, iAmE said:

if that info matters. 

more info always matters:) when was the last one you killed? we killed the squid in question not quite a week ago, been looking for more but they are really rare and now with the damn eels we are not running alphas till we find a good whale..... 

14 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

more info always matters:) when was the last one you killed? we killed the squid in question not quite a week ago, been looking for more but they are really rare and now with the damn eels we are not running alphas till we find a good whale..... 

Maybe half an hour ago. Or so. Within the most recent patch and consistently almost every single day. I pretty much live underwater. 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Stefke360 said:

i have kill alot of this Tusoteuthis i have kill a alpha and i got nottig of this Tusoteuthis Tentacle  not even 1 pearl :S how whe need it for world boss :( and no the dont even drop a bag of loot 

20170310201937_1.jpg

Don't eat the body, it's glitchy and often doesn't give you anything, sometimes it'll drop a bag and sometimes it won't. 

Archived