Becoming an Ark Terrorist

Destroyer84

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for advice on how to make the game as unpleasant as possible for the alphas on my server. As a solo player, I've managed to maintain a respectable level of development, but I can't seem to get very far before I'm discovered and end up having to go underground again. I know how to stay hidden, but this prevents me from having the Dino's I need to really make it to the next level. I'm currently trying to get recruited by a decently strong tribe, but this has not been easy. In a last ditch effort to get something useful with my time, I'd like to start causing as much trouble as I possibly can. I've considered building hundreds of metal foundations on spawns across the map, sniping tames, destroying irrigation pipes, and even trying to get some help from Chinese players (I speak Chinese). Before I gain their attention, I'd like to hit as hard as I possibly can for maximum effect, so assume I can at least gather considerable amounts of explosives and ammo. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

11 hours ago, TheLastNerb said:

Salt metal nodes. That always annoys the hell out of people. As for needing tames, build close to volcano and tame a low lvl argy, that should be all you need

Yeah, I guess there isn't much else that can be done. I still haven't given up hope of finding a tribe, but I can't seem to find any good players. I met up with some people the other day, but they suck and can't focus. I need some older players who are dedicated grinders and researchers. I always do research before I execute a plan, and I need similar people to help me. 

3 hours ago, Brittybrat said:

Why not just find another server to play on?

Apparently they are all the same. We get players on every day who've been to many servers, and they all have the same experience.

I finally met up with a few of our tribe members this morning, they're all college-age or older, and they appear to be competent. If I can keep them focused for a few days we should have decent defenses and survivability within a few days. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Destroyer84 said:

Apparently they are all the same. We get players on every day who've been to many servers, and they all have the same experience.

I finally met up with a few of our tribe members this morning, they're all college-age or older, and they appear to be competent. If I can keep them focused for a few days we should have decent defenses and survivability within a few days. 

Not every server is the same that's a load of crap. Been on horrible servers and great servers on officials. You have to ask questions before transferring characters. Who is alpha. do they wipe you level bases. Do they raid weekly... I have been on servers that are more pve the pvp and they are  pvp servers. Just keep looking for a good server it may take a hour or 3 but its worth it when you find a nice balanced server.

2 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Not every server is the same that's a load of crap. Been on horrible servers and great servers on officials. You have to ask questions before transferring characters. Who is alpha. do they wipe you level bases. Do they raid weekly... I have been on servers that are more pve the pvp and they are  pvp servers. Just keep looking for a good server it may take a hour or 3 but its worth it when you find a nice balanced server.

Well, I just don't know if I have it in me to leave. I want to win and defeat the people here. They do constant wipes, and even have a 24/7 prison, but I think I've figured out how to do this. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Destroyer84 said:

Well, I just don't know if I have it in me to leave. I want to win and defeat the people here. They do constant wipes, and even have a 24/7 prison, but I think I've figured out how to do this. 

If you feel you need to do it then stay. I have built metal bases completely wiped by alphas nothing left even foundations. I refuse to waste my time on crap servers like that. Raid me all you want but leave some structures standing. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity imo. Fight on but make sure you don't burn yourself out and hate ark because of it.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

If you feel you need to do it then stay. I have built metal bases completely wiped by alphas nothing left even foundations. I refuse to waste my time on crap servers like that. Raid me all you want but leave some structures standing. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity imo. Fight on but make sure you don't burn yourself out and hate ark because of it.

I think I can compete with them if I can find a few dedicate players. I think 3 or 4 people who play at the same time and know what they are doing will be enough to compete. The alphas on my server are all lazy, and I think that can be exploited. 

Ark is probably my favorite game of all time, but I'll probably switch to another game if I ever find anything like it that has managed to balance offense and defense a little better. 

One idea I had to grief the alpha tribe as a solo player was to make a turret boat and destroy tames close to the ocean/middle river.  Obviously this idea is worthless if the alpha has 0 bases near the water. Rafts can glitch through fortified walls and terrain to give you access to their dino/water pens without taking down walls. Also, a boat encased in metal will completely protect you from turret fire. Like you, I know how to stay hidden but can't hide any tames other than a ptera. I grinded out 8 auto turrets, 1500 bullets, 7 plant X turrets, and enough metal structures to make a 3X3 boat. However, I was greedy and was trying to wait til they were offline to strike. They found my boat at the edge of the world and destroyed it while I was offline lol

Hang out by where red supply beacons come down.  Wait for an alpha tribe member to come try to get the drop.  Take em to the club and then kill their flyer.  Happened to a tribe on a server I played on once and everyone was terrified to go out for supply drops.

Also had a troll manage to steal a bunch of fertizlizer from a tribe and randomly place species X all over the map hidden in forests, hilarious.

10 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Find where they keep the gigas, a couple rockets to the face and they'll do half the work for you. You may have to break walls to let them out depending on how smart the alpha tribe is.

10 hours ago, Ironknuckles said:

One idea I had to grief the alpha tribe as a solo player was to make a turret boat and destroy tames close to the ocean/middle river.  Obviously this idea is worthless if the alpha has 0 bases near the water. Rafts can glitch through fortified walls and terrain to give you access to their dino/water pens without taking down walls. Also, a boat encased in metal will completely protect you from turret fire. Like you, I know how to stay hidden but can't hide any tames other than a ptera. I grinded out 8 auto turrets, 1500 bullets, 7 plant X turrets, and enough metal structures to make a 3X3 boat. However, I was greedy and was trying to wait til they were offline to strike. They found my boat at the edge of the world and destroyed it while I was offline lol

10 hours ago, ToxicZombie said:

Take all the cp out of beaver dams leave the wood that really really pisses people off camp good drops with clubs and bolo ko them take their stuff 

9 hours ago, Tommy2Shotz said:

allah would be proud

9 hours ago, Brayn said:

Hang out by where red supply beacons come down.  Wait for an alpha tribe member to come try to get the drop.  Take em to the club and then kill their flyer.  Happened to a tribe on a server I played on once and everyone was terrified to go out for supply drops.

Also had a troll manage to steal a bunch of fertizlizer from a tribe and randomly place species X all over the map hidden in forests, hilarious.

These are all really good suggestions. None of them require a high level of development and all of them can hurt strong players. I'll employ every one of these if I can't manage to get my tribe going, though I think things are starting to take off. I had another member join yesterday, and it looks like we will have at least 3 people on at any given time. If we can all agree to work for the good of the tribe, things are going to go really well. In working on building alliances and recruiting, so it's only a matter of time if I can keep them motivated. 

Ruining beaver dams and planting plant x at random spots is a great idea lol. I'm thinking armored plant x!

On 2/11/2017 at 8:07 AM, Destroyer84 said:

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for advice on how to make the game as unpleasant as possible for the alphas on my server. As a solo player, I've managed to maintain a respectable level of development, but I can't seem to get very far before I'm discovered and end up having to go underground again. I know how to stay hidden, but this prevents me from having the Dino's I need to really make it to the next level. I'm currently trying to get recruited by a decently strong tribe, but this has not been easy. In a last ditch effort to get something useful with my time, I'd like to start causing as much trouble as I possibly can. I've considered building hundreds of metal foundations on spawns across the map, sniping tames, destroying irrigation pipes, and even trying to get some help from Chinese players (I speak Chinese). Before I gain their attention, I'd like to hit as hard as I possibly can for maximum effect, so assume I can at least gather considerable amounts of explosives and ammo. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Don't focus too much on your current server. This alpha is most likely on another server, they always are, most likely one they aren't on all the time..Which makes it an easier target.A little digging will get you the server number.. We got wiped by a new tribe on Scorched PVE... They were only on our server to get wyverns/golems and raid and steal while they were there. Bascially manipulating the games flaws and making it not PVE. I asked around and got thier Island server info. They were only resetting timers on their island server and not playing there. I transferred over a Tapejara and kited them until everything was gone... Got stuff back to replace what they took from me on SE. Left the tape, named so they'd know it was us that did it. 

15 hours ago, Agro said:

Bear traps. Lots and lots of bear traps. Put them around beaver spawns, bases, loot crates etc. Narcotic traps are also your friend. 

How effective are narcotic traps?

13 hours ago, madfretter said:

Don't focus too much on your current server. This alpha is most likely on another server, they always are, most likely one they aren't on all the time..Which makes it an easier target.A little digging will get you the server number.. We got wiped by a new tribe on Scorched PVE... They were only on our server to get wyverns/golems and raid and steal while they were there. Bascially manipulating the games flaws and making it not PVE. I asked around and got thier Island server info. They were only resetting timers on their island server and not playing there. I transferred over a Tapejara and kited them until everything was gone... Got stuff back to replace what they took from me on SE. Left the tape, named so they'd know it was us that did it. 

Yep, multi-server alphas on here. There are three alphas on our server, with one who has somewhere north of 25 players, and I've heard that the most powerful one has a dragon for every player. They control the floating island and have scores of turrets. 

6 hours ago, Brayn said:

Doin it worng with the dams.  Leave just 1 flower/shroom/pearl so they know it's a troll job.

This is an awesome idea.

4 hours ago, Destroyer84 said:

How effective are narcotic traps?

Hardly.  Easy to spot and disarm.  A large bear trap surrounded by small bear traps in a corridor where someone does meat runs could be devastating... each lasts like 8 minutes.  The large traps the dino and the smalls trap the right trying to break/disarm the trap.

Personally I like placing 20-30 smalls where people walk a lot and in ground cover.  The larges are pretty easy to see but the smalls will absolutely tick everyone off.

I havnt played pvp. In fact iv only played single player and idk if any ones said this but garilla warfare.   Grind your butt off getting supplies building and storing metal foundations and walls and turrets and whatever els you need. When you have enough foundations  and turrets and walls build a mini fortress for them to attack and waist their time on.   Lay random traps around their bases. Snipe. Tame a bunch of those little rat bird things and randomly send the birds to attack a mounted player and run your ass off.  Hit and run. Build on nodes if you want to but I wouldn't as you'll prob piss off every one not just the alpha tribe.  Your not going to wipe them from the server doing any of this but if your just looking to poke the bear then I'd think that would do it 

Archived