254, will it require a reset/wipe?

Janx73

16 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

No, Patches never require resets/wipes.

Well there was several times last year that a patch did wipe server saved data on xbox dedicated servers, just saying, however it has gotten better and has not happened since the last 6 or so patches.  That was for xbox of course and not pc.  

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, ehuhoser said:

Well there was several times last year that a patch did wipe server saved data on xbox dedicated servers, just saying, however it has gotten better and has not happened since the last 6 or so patches.  That was for xbox of course and not pc.  

There is a difference between whether a Patch "requires" a wipe, and whether a Patch unexpectedly "results" in a wipe. No-one can predict an unexpected wipe.

The OP was asking if the Patch will "require" a wipe.

Those of us that run our own private servers, a wipe/reset is at the server owner's discretion. As in my servers I run will never be wiped for any reason. So nope, wipes aren't necessary for patches. Never have been and never will be.

Although if you play on official servers and the devs decide to wipe em then you're screwed and nothing you can do.

15 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

There is a difference between whether a Patch "requires" a wipe, and whether a Patch unexpectedly "results" in a wipe. No-one can predict an unexpected wipe.

The OP was asking if the Patch will "require" a wipe.

true won't require, but in the event that unseen that forces one to wipe is what I was getting at, it was sort of forced/required then to continue to play the game but ya OP on PC patches/updates do not require an progress to be lost and thus no wipes needed.

Archived