Host Havoc forcing clusterid into command line, Legal??

Scipizoa

OK,  i need some clarification,  the situation is this,  ever since the cluster nonsense i've been having issues downloading dinos on my non-clustered the island host havoc server. recently i noticed a new entry in my command line that i didn't ask for, a clusterID, so i decided to question host havoc about it and they removed it,  and low and behold,  upon restarting my server,   i saw all previously uploaded dino's[they were uploaded before the 24hr countdown ],  now  you would think this would be a victory for me right??  wrong.

It turns out as host havoc has mentioned,  each time i edit the command line,  the clusterid will reappear,  and has, and thus i was once again unable to see my previously uploaded dino's, so of course i questioned host havoc on the matter again and they said thats the way it has to be, and Zack from the CS department said i had to deal with it....

So, let me get this straight,  I pretty much have to restart my server twice just to change a setting in the command line?  and to have clusterid removed??  i need to know is this legal,   I don't see how as this is preventing me from utilizing a part of Ark,  a game that i not only paid for,  but are paying host havoc to rent a server from.

I honestly don't know much about programming,  and can't prove that this is exactly whats preventing me from seeing my uploaded dino's,  but it seems to me that if it started working after the clusterid was removed on their end, and the fact that they refused to stop forcing the clusterid tag in non-clustered servers command lines,  this all seems fishy to me.

Unfortunately, Its the fix for most service providers to do the cluster id into it. The only way to get that function to work across their servers. I had the same issue with my provider Survival Servers, when this cluster stuff was first implemented. Best thing I ever did was stop being lazy and host my own machine. Just a thought.

15 minutes ago, Samurai_Amatsu said:

Unfortunately, Its the fix for most service providers to do the cluster id into it. The only way to get that function to work across their servers. I had the same issue with my provider Survival Servers, when this cluster stuff was first implemented. Best thing I ever did was stop being lazy and host my own machine. Just a thought.

thing is i would love to, but i cannot afford it.  I understand the price is high because the machine is of great quality but still.

24 minutes ago, Gumballz said:

The best way to voice your disapproval would be to stop paying host havoc $$$$ and go to a different provider.

And yes, the clustering is what is preventing your dinos going up to the cloud.

I would love to, but i have a potato for pc that can barely ark except on very low memory mode[ i can run it on regular with low gfx but it bothers my eyes to much]  and again  i cannot upgrade my pc as the same reason mentioned above, 

tbh i just don't understand how they can slap a clusterid on a NON-clustered server..  whats the point..??  I feel like wildcard should maybe step in and fix this,  i mean  i paid for a game and rented a game server, but i am not getting access to all of the features,  and yea  they can remove it on their side, and have done so,  so obviously it doesn't break anything that my server doesn't have it  so  why can't it be a perm removal?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just necroing an old thread, but just so the OP knows but they finally fixed that issue.  I didnt roll over and take it.  When it happened the 3rd time I chewed them out.  Told them I was tried of my players losing their animals.  Told them I was tired of having to fix their issues.  That this was total bs.  The guy over Zack replied and appologized and admitted that it was a hacked up way of doing it and they were going to work on a fix immediately.  They announced today that they fixed that issue.  We are now able to put clusterid in our selves now.

Not that this news is gonna keep me with them.  Once I figure out a way to transfer the money I have saved up in they're donation system im gone.  pooptiest service ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh  i know they fixed it, by giving the  consumer the option to name their clusterid,   if i knew how to close topic i would, but  I'd like to thank whoever or whatever was responsible for this sudden changw,  i assume it must have been wildcard since they would have to have added the ability to have custom clusterid's.

so  thank you, wildcard,  if a mod sees this,  please close the thread,  thanks :)

or maybe someone can report this thread, so the mods will see it. ;)

Archived