Color Mutations Now Null?

MayonnaisePlease

As someone thats played both PC and Xbox versions and has messed with painting on PC... I'd rather have the random mutations.  They are much cleaner looking, you dont have to worry about things lining up correctly.  The mutations just look way better.  Paints will still be useful for further customization if you're into that thing. 

I've played on PC since day 1 of official release and dino painting was in the game a good long while before the color mutations came along. Mutations are still highly sought after and exciting to get. Partly because as said above the coloring is super clean and crisp. It also affects different regions, where painting a dino is usually sloppy and all over the place. It's really hard to color inside the lines when freehanding it or working from a dino template and paint program. 

Also, even before color mutations came, people on my server were searching the wild for unique colored animals. Especially argentavis and trikes. Argents can have unique colored wing feathers and trikes get that little colored part on their head shield. When eye-catching ones were found, the whole server got into the excitement. It's no different now with the mutations. They're fun, unexpected, and can really be vibrant and shocking to see hatch out of an egg or come from a mother. 

Archived