True alphas

Volcano637

11 hours ago, Inigo said:

This guy gets it! 

With that outlook, I hope you get a chance at joining or making your own Alpha, I think you would really enjoy the massive cross-server warfare, politics, espionage, etc.

Haha, I doubt I put enough time into the game consistently for that. It does sound interesting though.

10 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

The no tame servers are the prime example of the best part of the game. There are tribes that still want to become alpha but the little punks are going to have to try a lot harder now if they are going to take alpha status.

alphas without the precious Dinos are merely the weaklings they already were.

#notameisthefuture

Basically, with out the dinos you really take away a lot of the advantage of having played much longer (no one is breeding high level dinos and giving the ascendant saddles), so it evens the playing field a good amount. There's still plenty of advantage to those who have played longer, just less so. I'm not saying that's a bad thing ever (though haven't tried the no tames yet).

I think much more limited tames, instead of no tames altogether, would be interesting too. In generalities, no taming the OP or ridiculous stuff (squid taming/domestication, really?), but still looking to give players a couple medium options in each role.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/30/2016 at 1:58 AM, Crows said:

Damn. To be honest with you? you're dealing with sociopaths. That's all they are. I'm not even trying to offend them or or anybody by stating this obvious fact, because it's true whether it is a game or not. You can't rationalize with a sociopath, you just have to move on and avoid them at all costs.

THIS.  I didn't have to read the rest of the thread.  This guy nailed it.

Man, you got it easy!!  Particularly the [][][][][] types, they will actually support noobs with mats and ridiculous level BPs ... only to raid them later that night.  That's still mild.  I'm not even going to bother repeating some of the stupidly gross stuff I've heard them do with women characters (this is not a joke).

I'm sorry but you REALLY picked the wrong game for "honor" lol.

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

Have you actually played a Notame server? Or just know it by concept? If you dont have good PVP experience with a club, bola, battleboats, c4, you're gonna get steamrolled by Alphas that use that stuff regularly. It's cut throat.

Alphas there are the same Alphas you run into on regular servers, they know the ins and outs of the game, how to level up super fast, how to build, how to fight. Dino's are supplementary. Gear is Supplementary, if you dont know how to use either, you're gonna lose it. If you're PVPing with a Ptera, quetzel or Wyvern because they are go-to warbirds, and you dont know what you're doing, you're gonna get picked/whipped off, and lose your gear and your mount real fast. 

It's not any different in Notame servers, if you havent actually played one, movement speed, melee damage and weight are like god stats. It's a clubfest. If you play a lot of Survival of the Fittest, you'll be good at Notame, becuase its all on foot PVP, bows, bolas, clubs. Catching a dude offguard. Buddy of mine and I went to try it out about two weeks after they launched, and we're wrecking lvl 60-70 guys as lvl 6's with clubs. You only need to catch them offguard once with a club and you've got all their gear, it cascades from there, once you've stolen a buncha metal tools, grenades, c4, etc. You can break into bases with ease, and just keep going from there, repairing gear/weapons/making more explosives from there. The Alpha tribes are all boat heavy and literally just patrol around with loads of explosives blowing up any new boats/bases they see. 

No I am wondering if you have actually played the no tame server lol. My buddy and I am currently lvl 80. Yes only two people. We have a total of 6 bases which I will not disclose and we have made an industrial grinder. I am doing just fine.

and believe me I am smart enough to stay away from boats. We already have multiple bases with multiple layers of defense. While everybody is worried about playing battleship we have been building fortresses. And yes our 20 plus xspecies are filled with all 10 slots of fert so if they really wanted to spend all of that time draining them. Go ahead. Besides the multi layers of defense we make sure to keep only primitive weapons and firearms at our base(good stuff is underwater) hint hint. Anyways, if they wanted to get into the main base it would cost around 100 c4 just so they can get primitive gear. I would actually feel bad for them ?.

not just that but because I have experience being wiped that is the main reason the other 5 bases have a fabby, smithy, forge, etc. plus the metal tools and weapons we need along with hide armor. We would have to get wiped 6 times and within a few more days there will atleast be 2 to 3 more. Alphas don't know how to play this type of game. Without their birds and gigas they aren't poop lol we are living large right now and there is no way anything can stop us. I like keeping everything primitive.

to be honest we did have 7 bases and they broke into one of our smaller ones. They had to have used a decent amount of explosives because the double metal spike wall layer and triple reinforced wood doors were blown up. Yes I know they were used by the damage to the other structures around it. They succeeded to get a set of metal tools and hide armor. I just laughed in world chat. 

The center is a VERY big map and that's why I chose it. It took a few weeks to find one and I am constantly making more.

as far as the beach and raft situation goes... yes they have been able to raptor me off twice. Each time I was getting cp from dams. Right when that happens I say go in world chat and go back to one of my bases to do other stuff. Their fun just ended but mine never does. I won't waste my time with trolls.

either way no alpha is going to do poop on no tame

3 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

Haha, I doubt I put enough time into the game consistently for that. It does sound interesting though.

Basically, with out the dinos you really take away a lot of the advantage of having played much longer (no one is breeding high level dinos and giving the ascendant saddles), so it evens the playing field a good amount. There's still plenty of advantage to those who have played longer, just less so. I'm not saying that's a bad thing ever (though haven't tried the no tames yet).

I think much more limited tames, instead of no tames altogether, would be interesting too. In generalities, no taming the OP or ridiculous stuff (squid taming/domestication, really?), but still looking to give players a couple medium options in each role.

With me being a player that has played over a year and have made sure to know every little detail about the maps, I would say I would be at an advantage and I am fine with that. You can have 10 people in your tribe and my buddy and I chose to stay as 2. We don't have to worry about getting insided and we sure don't have to worry about some alpha. Especially since we stay away from water. If they want to lug everything for atleast a 10 minute hike just to begin, let alone the multiple trips back to the raft to get everything we have and spend all of their grinding time using explosives.... go right ahead. This is the perfect play type for us and they will not have fun raiding our bases lol

On 3/17/2017 at 8:20 PM, Volcano637 said:

With me being a player that has played over a year and have made sure to know every little detail about the maps, I would say I would be at an advantage and I am fine with that. You can have 10 people in your tribe and my buddy and I chose to stay as 2. We don't have to worry about getting insided and we sure don't have to worry about some alpha. Especially since we stay away from water. If they want to lug everything for atleast a 10 minute hike just to begin, let alone the multiple trips back to the raft to get everything we have and spend all of their grinding time using explosives.... go right ahead. This is the perfect play type for us and they will not have fun raiding our bases lol

Totally. What I meant was, that without taming the in game progression is a lot more flat because you don't have all the added stuff that has to do with how good your tames are. I can see the draw of that, for sure, and know from your posts you really enjoy it (as do others).

Since I haven't tried the no tames yet, I can only speculate, but it seems like it takes a lot of variety out of the game. I mean no offense in this, but once you have your small (why build big w/o dinos) secluded base set up and a decent stock of resources, what do you do? Based on what I've read, go down to the beach and club people is one option, but that's not really my scene. It just seems like tames, for as unbalanced as they can be, add that "always something new to get" aspect to the game. I guess maybe fighting over valuable drops, the right to kill alphas, and general warfare could solve that, but not really sure.

I can imagine too that simply surviving and traveling takes up far more time than in traditional servers - I don't even view that as a negative, just another thing to do in game. Harrowing journeys are fun in RPGs why shouldn't they be in Ark?

Sorry for taking this so OT!

a lot of people talking about wiping people overnight. A real alpha is in every cave and have dino and resource in cave. So they can make a come back if thing goes south

If they have a super base with 100 giga 100 quetz 500 ptera and a transmitter in the hard water cave. Good luck getting to that unless you infiltrate.

Grieffer dont like pve and they stay very far away from deep water. 

3 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

Totally. What I meant was, that without taming the in game progression is a lot more flat because you don't have all the added stuff that has to do with how good your tames are. I can see the draw of that, for sure, and know from your posts you really enjoy it (as do others).

Since I haven't tried the no tames yet, I can only speculate, but it seems like it takes a lot of variety out of the game. I mean no offense in this, but once you have your small (why build big w/o dinos) secluded base set up and a decent stock of resources, what do you do? Based on what I've read, go down to the beach and club people is one option, but that's not really my scene. It just seems like tames, for as unbalanced as they can be, add that "always something new to get" aspect to the game. I guess maybe fighting over valuable drops, the right to kill alphas, and general warfare could solve that, but not really sure.

I can imagine too that simply surviving and traveling takes up far more time than in traditional servers - I don't even view that as a negative, just another thing to do in game. Harrowing journeys are fun in RPGs why shouldn't they be in Ark?

Sorry for taking this so OT!

Completely understandable. And you an extent you are right. The no tame servers really add a lot of fun for everyone but especially builders and grinders. Currently we are building very big. 

With our Dinos constantly getting killed in officials we are usually used to grinding without Dinos anyways lol. Even if you don't want your base too big which we have done already to a couple there is still other bases you could build, especially by certain resources.

i get you with the whole loss of variety from not having multiple Dinos to keep things new but man, I have actually been experiencing the map for what it really is. I notice the detail of the maps a lot more now. How beautiful the scenery is. I never did that on tame servers and still wouldn't if I did go back because the first thing I would do is get a flier. I guess it just got old to me. No tame is new and fresh. And it is completely awesome. You really appreciate the game for what it is.... survival 

13 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Completely understandable. And you an extent you are right. The no tame servers really add a lot of fun for everyone but especially builders and grinders. Currently we are building very big. 

With our Dinos constantly getting killed in officials we are usually used to grinding without Dinos anyways lol. Even if you don't want your base too big which we have done already to a couple there is still other bases you could build, especially by certain resources.

i get you with the whole loss of variety from not having multiple Dinos to keep things new but man, I have actually been experiencing the map for what it really is. I notice the detail of the maps a lot more now. How beautiful the scenery is. I never did that on tame servers and still wouldn't if I did go back because the first thing I would do is get a flier. I guess it just got old to me. No tame is new and fresh. And it is completely awesome. You really appreciate the game for what it is.... survival 

You on na or eu center? We played there for a bit was a blast :)

Just dont have the time to play that right now, so good ole pve for me for now.

On 12/30/2016 at 2:07 AM, Volcano637 said:

I want to hear from the true alphas here. I don't want to hear the usual ark is ruthless bs. 

We are on a server that a new alpha tribe came and eventually they wanted to do a server wipe. They wiped the current alpha and every other tribe. My partner and I were a 2 man tribe that were the last tribe standing. We got wiped which is cool. It is a game after all. The one thing that did make me mad was we were talking to the new alpha and I was saying that my kids were visiting and I would be letting my son and daughter ride Dinos and even take a few the following day. They said that was cool and they promised they wouldn't do anything. Sure enough I got onto our base being fully wiped. Once again still not complaining about being wiped. I am not happy about my kids being sad. Say all you want about going and playing single player, I really don't care. If someone gives their word I usually take them at it. By the way we weren't a threat. They couldn't even wait the one day so my kids could do what I promised they could.

this was yesterday. Today when my partner and I were on we told them good job on the raid even though they had a couple gigas that were over lvl 255 die along with other Dinos while we were offline. Still being good sports about it. They have respect saying how hard it was to raid and that our layout was awesome especially for two people. ( they almost didn't believe it was 2 people) now in my experience, even when someone wipes someone and destroys things like the forge, grinder, and chemistry table, every blown out base still has the fabby and smithy. This is not the case with us. We didn't even have a mortar and pestle let alone a campfire. That did tell me something.

anyway, they begin to boast about how good they are at pvp. My partner and I tell them if they liked our base they should have seen the finished product (it was only 50% done btw). They said they would love a good challenge and that they would give us 30 days to have a legit war (no offlining) head to head combat. I told them I would believe it when I see it. Sure enough it hasn't been 12 hours and they already destroyed what has been done. I am sure the little alphas will say that is how the game is played.

but as for the true alphas, do you guys really do that? Go back on your word? Not even give a chance for a real challenge? If so ok, but I am actually trying to have some respect for some of you guys. No whining, no nothing. 

When I was in college doing psych research we saw this type of behavior a LOT.  When you give a group of people the ability to do whatever they want and then hope that they will be constrained by normal societal norms....they almost never are.  The larger the group, the worse the effect.  Groups of people who feel that they have the power to do something without any consequences will almost ALWAYS do whatever they want no matter how it negatively effects other people.

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You on na or eu center? We played there for a bit was a blast :)

Just dont have the time to play that right now, so good ole pve for me for now.

NA center but I am on Xbox one. and yeah unfortunately if you don't have a lot of time it can still be hard even on no tame. Luckily you can hide a lot easier. Like I tell everyone "stay away from the ocean and beaches!" Lol

pve would be better for the "time challenged" as I like to call it

Just now, JoeBob1024 said:

When I was in college doing psych research we saw this type of behavior a LOT.  When you give a group of people the ability to do whatever they want and then hope that they will be constrained by normal societal norms....they almost never are.  The larger the group, the worse the effect.  Groups of people who feel that they have the power to do something without any consequences will almost ALWAYS do whatever they want no matter how it negatively effects other people.

You couldn't be more right and this game above all else has completely proven that theory.

Just now, Volcano637 said:

NA center but I am on Xbox one. and yeah unfortunately if you don't have a lot of time it can still be hard even on no tame. Luckily you can hide a lot easier. Like I tell everyone "stay away from the ocean and beaches!" Lol

pve would be better for the "time challenged" as I like to call it

Im also xbox one, we were on eu for the time difference (were from Canada)

Haha yeah, we were middle of jungle south, between the dams and bear caves. Was a great place got a ton of stuff, made metal base etc

We got raided because someone used grapples and parachutes to glitch into our base offline and somehow didnt die to plant x (btw how are you doing fert? Any reliable way?)

Oh well! Was soooo much fun. Especially during the first few days on foot :)

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

You couldn't be more right and this game above all else has completely proven that theory.

I think that it's MORE true on ark because it often has a rather young player base.  As anyone with kids between 3-12 can tell you... Teenagers are bad, but young kids can go from sweet & cute to TINY LITTLE HITLERS in just a few minutes.  Especially if they have friends who are also acting like little monsters & want to fit in.  It's kind of terrifying if you think about it too much.  I try not to when I look at the little mo....children running around my house.  Also, they can't play ark...EVER...

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Im also xbox one, we were on eu for the time difference (were from Canada)

Haha yeah, we were middle of jungle south, between the dams and bear caves. Was a great place got a ton of stuff, made metal base etc

We got raided because someone used grapples and parachutes to glitch into our base offline and somehow didnt die to plant x (btw how are you doing fert? Any reliable way?)

Oh well! Was soooo much fun. Especially during the first few days on foot :)

Fert is just the good old fashioned way. Literally picking up every poop you take lol we have about 30 xspecies with all 10 slots filled with fert. (We are a 2 man tribe as well) but we are real grinders.

i really like the idea of using your poop and the compost bin. Pretty fun in my opinion.

i can't officially confirm it but as far as my experiences go the more you pick your poop up the more you poop in general. Once again I can't prove it but it works for me.

and yes the flinching part sucks, especially the raft part where everyone glitches into your boat but oh well it is still a lot more fun than officials right?

5 minutes ago, JoeBob1024 said:

I think that it's MORE true on ark because it often has a rather young player base.  As anyone with kids between 3-12 can tell you... Teenagers are bad, but young kids can go from sweet & cute to TINY LITTLE HITLERS in just a few minutes.  Especially if they have friends who are also acting like little monsters & want to fit in.  It's kind of terrifying if you think about it too much.  I try not to when I look at the little mo....children running around my house.  Also, they can't play ark...EVER...

Yeah my children will never play it as well. Even the language they use let alone their in game behavior. Gaming consoles are the new babysitters after all. That's sad but true

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

Fert is just the good old fashioned way. Literally picking up every poop you take lol we have about 30 xspecies with all 10 slots filled with fert. (We are a 2 man tribe as well) but we are real grinders.

i really like the idea of using your poop and the compost bin. Pretty fun in my opinion.

i can't officially confirm it but as far as my experiences go the more you pick your poop up the more you poop in general. Once again I can't prove it but it works for me.

and yes the flinching part sucks, especially the raft part where everyone glitches into your boat but oh well it is still a lot more fun than officials right?

If you feed a phioma stimberries it will litterally POUR out poop.  No, seriously, I have a screenshot somewhere of the poo-pyramid that we made by force-feeding a phioma stimberries over a hatchframe.  It was freaking hilarious.  Either way, if you have two people, just have one go into the inventory to force feed while the other lays under the phioma's "rocket" launcher and collects all of the smelly goodness for your plants.

8 minutes ago, JoeBob1024 said:

If you feed a phioma stimberries it will litterally POUR out poop.  No, seriously, I have a screenshot somewhere of the poo-pyramid that we made by force-feeding a phioma stimberries over a hatchframe.  It was freaking hilarious.  Either way, if you have two people, just have one go into the inventory to force feed while the other lays under the phioma's "rocket" launcher and collects all of the smelly goodness for your plants.

Wow I didn't even know you could do that. We are talking about no tame right?

and if so do you feed it passively or do you knock it out?

On 3/23/2017 at 3:59 AM, MijuIRL said:

A true alpha wouldn't go back on their word. Hell a true alpha wouldn't even see a 2 man tribe as any sort of threat or loot worthy

I kind of figured that as well. Guess I was wrong lol or they just weren't an alpha after all. They did end up getting wiped pretty easily 

On 3/22/2017 at 0:55 PM, Volcano637 said:

Your poop rate is based on the amount of food consumed. Jump in a 1 high base to deplete stamina fast and you will also go through your food fast and poop a lot. It also glitches out if you spam the poop button and will poop multiple times in a row.

46 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Your poop rate is based on the amount of food consumed. Jump in a 1 high base to deplete stamina fast and you will also go through your food fast and poop a lot. It also glitches out if you spam the poop button and will poop multiple times in a row.

Good to know. I will keep that in mind and try to turn myself into a phiomia lol

Archived