ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Shrekasaurus said:

I haven't really ever seen them pick really long questions, if that's what you're asking.

Wait, is there some sorta petition page to vote and get people to sign petitions for stuff we want?

Or somewhere where we can ask the debs questions, not in digest, but stuff about the website?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That would be a very nice idea.

- Are there currently any plans to remake the sabertooth or the direwolf with higher quality meshes and textures?
- Are there any plans to change the way raising baby animals work? Such as mammals nursing from their mothers, etc?
- When will we get new information on Primal Survival?
- Will wild AI be improved in Primal Survival?
- How will breeding work in Primal Survival? Can pups/cubs/etc nurse from their mothers, or do they still have to be hand-fed meat from birth?
- Are there any plans to add new meshes in for different creature life states? Such as a newborn stage, young stage, juvenile etc having different appearances besides size? Say for example, a newly born sabertooth cub would appear like a newborn kitten, with tiny teeth, stubby tail, wobbly legs, closed eyes, etc, while the young stage could resemble a young 6 week old lion cub, juvenile looking like a 6-10 month old, etc.
- Will jerboas or wyverns be playable in Primal Survival?

I know there is a way to change the amount of element obtained by killing a boss on pc, though I was wondering if we will be able to do this on Xbox, via a slider bar or admin command. I was also wondering if this would be the same with TekGrams, as, I run a private server and no no one that plays on the server has the time to grind boss battles to get element and TekGrams. I have one more thing to ask if you don't mind! Are you still planning on adding that setting to disable fog on non-dedicated and single player servers? Thank you so much for your time and thank you for making ARK my favorite game to play!

I just watched a video showcasing the finished parts of the Ragnarok map, and I was thinking, we got the center, so will we get anymore maps? If you do plan on adding more maps, please add Ragnarok, it is so beautiful and I am so bummed I cannot play it because I play on Xbox. I do see some issues with the scorched earth portion of the map, though if it were a DLC, I would buy it. So will you ever be adding more "modded" maps to console?

Now that the long awaited tek armor is here what do you plan on doing with it besides the nerfs or buffs? Will you guys make any additions to the armor. 

Maybe we can get a upgrade station for the armor or something similar where we can put the armor and add different stats, aesthetics and capabilities. 

(I can type a lot more but im going to make a separate thread with more details on my ideas for tek tier) 

4 hours ago, xKingPhoenix said:

Now that the long awaited tek armor is here what do you plan on doing with it besides the nerfs or buffs? Will you guys make any additions to the armor. 

Maybe we can get a upgrade station for the armor or something similar where we can put the armor and add different stats, aesthetics and capabilities. 

(I can type a lot more but im going to make a separate thread with more details on my ideas for tek tier) 

I would like for them to add a tek turret or a freeze ray.

Hi,

Could you please add a language selector in the configuration of the game? This is very important, specially for the minority languages like basque. Steam is not avaliable in basque, so we need to use the launch settings in order to play in our language. Many basque people are playing the game in other languages because they think that changing the launch settings is too complicated or they don't know the game is translated. The problem is worse in the consoles, there is no way to play the game in basque (although the game is translated). I think that everything would be easier if we could choose the locale in the configuration. We have worked hard translating the game, it's the first big game avaliable in basque and we want everybody to enjoy it.

18 minutes ago, Galaipa said:

Hi,

Could you please add a language selector in the configuration of the game? This is very important, specially for the minority languages like basque. Steam is not avaliable in basque, so we need to use the launch settings in order to play in our language. Many basque people are playing the game in other languages because they think that changing the launch settings is too complicated or they don't know the game is translated. The problem is worse in the consoles, there is no way to play the game in basque (although the game is translated). I think that everything would be easier if we could choose the locale in the configuration. We have worked hard translating the game, it's the first big game avaliable in basque and we want everybody to enjoy it.

I hardly agree on this. I would like to play with my many friend over steam. But also have a bunch of friend who would only play in console.
+1

Is it possible when taming a dino, or raising one, that there is on their inventory screen a section called notes where the owner may include relevant information they need.. Examples of this is that the dino was tamed as 150 on a 1.5 time weekend, base stats etc etc. Doesn't need to be a large but enough to provide the owner information relevant for them.

Please please please let us combine Config*NPCSpawnEntriesContainer series of configuration options with DifficultyOverride (or similar). 

I know certain areas in the game (like the "Hard" caves) have increased dino spawn levels. My players and I just went into one such cave (the Snow Cave) and had an absolute blast getting our butts kicked by the untameable mega-yetis and mega-wolves. Can we please get a way to apply this setting to other areas, like the other caves or the carno island? All I really need is a way to combine difficulty settings (OverrideOfficialDifficulty / DifficultyOffset) with the Config*NPCSpawnEntriesContainer spawn generator configurations. An extra param to that effect would be magical :D

This would give unofficial server admins an enormous amount of flexibility in designing the player experience without having to install glitchy mods. 

Archived