Playstation 4 ARK Survival Evolved 12/6/16 release countdown !!

successxx

3 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Man, I don't even know what map I wanna start on. The Island's a classic, but The Center is just amazing. Especially its Redwood section.

I havent read anywhere if the Center is included. well at least Scorched Earth is bundled with it.  I'm interested in the island anyways. if the Center is not there, maybe they'll add it later, plus there's more expansion maps they are adding.  Scorched Earth is the "red" expansion, seems like there's also "blue" and "green" expansions to be developed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, Reducedwater said:

Isn't there one where it's like 27 days or something on leap years or am I just crazy I don't pay much attention to dates and times any more

I do hope you're not crazy, though for information's sake, all months in the calendar barring February have 30 or 31 days. February has 28 regularly, 29 on a leap year.

4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

I do hope you're not crazy, though for information's sake, all months in the calendar barring February have 30 or 31 days. February has 28 regularly, 29 on a leap year.

Ah I see thought it was less on a leapers, anyways so then depending on the month it could be 30 or 31?

42 minutes ago, Reducedwater said:

Isn't there one where it's like 27 days or something on leap years or am I just crazy I don't pay much attention to dates and times any more

Don't worry, you're not crazy. The calender itself is only a concept, it's simply a way of measuring the timeless now, because regardless of the calendar it is only ever the present moment.

1 minute ago, kcnud said:

Ugh can't wait  hope remote download works as expected so it is ready to play when I'm home tomorrow. Can anyone confirm the center will be available?

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I could've sworn I read that it would be in the post, but it says just Scorched Earth and The Island. Which is weird. 

Perhaps because The Center is a fan mod they adopted?    Though didn't they gain the rights to that map?  So wouldn't the devs own that map too?   Oh well no big deal, I read The Center has more glitches and technical issues compared to the official maps.  Maybe Sony was charging extra for any extra file size that ARK SE takes up in the PSN Store. 

The Island and Scorched Earth is a more valuable map than The Center.  maybe they'll add it later as DLC. does Xbox One have it?   if they do, then Sony must be some greedy pigs trying to get more money out of the devs.    IF the devs find it more costly to sell their game on PS4 than Xbox One, because of Sony's fees, I can understand cutting the Center map from the list. 

WAIT!!!! edit.  just had a realization.  what if The Center map was the core reason why ARK wasn't approved by Sony?  The Center map would have the most technical issues,  so Abstraction Games might have found it to be the biggest problem of getting approval, so cutting it, they were able to get approval faster.   :)   Would make sense.   the other parts of the game are more important anyways.  

Xbox One has the map from what I have read and it seems to be the most popular map. It seems The Center was a free DLC item for PC and Xbox One so I am holding out hope it is part of the release. Regardless, I will get by with The Island; am not sure Scorched Earth is what I am looking for. Can't wait am glad PS4 players finally have access to this game.

Well there must be good reason.  It's probably The Center like PC gamers said is too technical issues, which is why most use Island or Scorched Earth instead.   so that could have been a huge factor why Sony QA didnt approve back in June.  

if it is the case PS4 version is launching without Center map, that might be proof that the Center as is is below Sony's QA standards.   we wouldn't gotten ARK this month if they clung to the Center map in that case.  

better to cut Center than have ps4 community wait until spring 2017.  whew! that is a super intelligent decision on the devs part.   anyways ARK became popular long before the Center map appeared on PC. :) the Island is sufficient and Scorched Earth is a great plus. 

Archived