Hiding an Engram on Dedicated Server

OurGrid

9 hours ago, Gumballz said:

@OurGrid Use OverrideNamedEngramEntries  rather than the OverrideEngramEntities.

Otherwise you may find the wrong engrams hidden if the Index changes on any particular patch.

I could not find any reference to this command on the wiki, only an article on Steam Forums.

Happen to know what patch it was in?

On 9/30/2016 at 3:18 AM, Qowyn said:

I apologize, but this does lead to the question; is there a list of the engram names compiled somewhere? I was unable to get the Named command to work because I don't have all the names eg "Item_Campfire" or whatever the actual names are.

We're just trying to remove the metal building parts, but keep metal pipes, guns etc.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, OurGrid said:

I apologize, but this does lead to the question; is there a list of the engram names compiled somewhere? I was unable to get the Named command to work because I don't have all the names eg "Item_Campfire" or whatever the actual names are.

We're just trying to remove the metal building parts, but keep metal pipes, guns etc.

Thanks.

It's linked in the arguments column: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Engram_classnames

Just updated the list since it was outdated.

11 minutes ago, Qowyn said:

It's linked in the arguments column: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Engram_classnames

Just updated the list since it was outdated.

Ok.

So should I use this as my example for Syntax (and really a lot of work done already)?

http://pastebin.com/ei37Z0dX

If I have Mods do I need to somehow include their engrams? Appreciate the help!

OK, the page also says " The option may be repeated in GameUserSettings.ini once for each engram to be configured. " for the OverrideEngramEntries & OverrideNamedEngramEntries commands, am I to understand the listing have to be repeated in the other file? Optional?

Also, can you add a listing for what this does? Didn't find anything; bForceAllStructureLocking=1

Sorry for the bother but you clearly know this stuff far better than I, and I'm glad for the help!

6 minutes ago, OurGrid said:

" The option may be repeated in GameUserSettings.ini once for each engram to be configured. "

I think all options of Game.ini can work in GameUserSettings.ini too, at least Primitive+ likes to add OverrideNameEngramEntries to GameUserSettings.ini.

But it's not needed to put it in both, and i only tested it in Game.ini, where it works.

8 minutes ago, OurGrid said:

bForceAllStructureLocking=1

I think it's supposed to be

ForceAllStructureLocking=True

And it should be in GameUserSettings.ini

All newly placed structures will be locked, maybe even stuff that normally can't be locked. Never saw that option before, just did some quick googling.

• 3 months later...

Does this work on Xbox too? I'm trying to set up a dedicated server with specific engrams only but I haven't been able to find any luck on how to do this. There's a text box in the "more" section of settings that states "Only Allow Specified Engrams" but when I check that and type anything in the box, all engrams are still available once I launch. Help?

Archived