Mistakes New Players Make

2TonStreama

Never press E while flying

No, you can't make that jump

Those big lumbering carnivores are much faster than you think

Always have a bed with extra gear next to it in a box

Know where you are on the map so you have a better chance of finding your dead body

Crafting and being encumbered on a gathering Dino is much more effective

Be prepared and always have extra

Keep berries and food and stimulants on your hotbar for when you forget or panic

Dinos came jump and climb on some of those rocks with you

Small things can kill you, too

Putting flyers on follow will cause you to have a stroke

There is nothing wrong with running away  

Trusting any human player at level 1 or 2 named Bob or Joe.

Lost track of the number of deaths from other players in the first few days of this game. People were more interested in trolling than working together.  Night time I was particularly vulnerable as I hadn't realised I could up the brightness then so night time for me was pitch black.

Eating 30 narcoberries and passing out for minutes at a time. 

Falling of the back of a bronto and breaking my legs.

10 hours ago, Carvaka said:

Haha! I had Terry the trike #1, then #2, then #3... I don't name my dinos anymore.

I just got my growing dino army slaughtered by an alpha raptor (first one I'd encountered).  It attacked without warning while I was harvesting lumber and immediately killed my tamed raptor and dilo, and then my trike got knocked out by the bugs that had joined the fight.  Meanwhile the alpha raptor got stuck on a tree, allowing me to kill it with arrows, but I was already weakened.  Then another raptor (not an alpha, thankfully) attacked me right after that fight ended.  I was out of spears at this point so I clubbed it down and started taming it with all this lovely prime meat from the alpha raptor.  Everything would have been great at this point, except for the pair of scorpions that then attacked, with my trike still out of commission.  I ran for it but wound up taking a nap, and the scorpions then killed me AND the trike.  No idea what happened to the parasaur I had been riding, but I'm sure he's dead somewhere now.  Sigh.  This game is incredibly unforgiving sometimes.

On 1/5/2016 at 2:17 AM, Proud said:

I'm on XB1. We can't do that.

You can. Press the "X" button while in flight or basically next to anything to pull its inventory up. Especially the forge, I used to press "Y" to access inventory on dinos and when I would go to the forge, it would always put out the fire. Now I only use "X" and never have the problem again.

Archived