ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Goodsdalf said:

Picking up eggs under certain dinos is extremely frustrating. Any chance of increasing the hit box on eggs or adding an option to the radial menu?

While I agree with this, I did see a "work around" in a recent video which seems to help me a lot now get at those unreachable eggs.  If you do the option to crouch you can usually get at them pretty easily.  Before that I had to actually walk/move the dino around to finally get at the egg.

1 minute ago, mleii said:

While I agree with this, I did see a "work around" in a recent video which seems to help me a lot now get at those unreachable eggs.  If you do the option to crouch you can usually get at them pretty easily.  Before that I had to actually walk the dino around to finally get at the egg.

I had not even considered this. I will definitely try it. Thx for the tip!!

Could the way you hold the archaeopteryx before gliding be tweaked? Even when not parachuting, the archaeopteryx is held up high in the air, which looks pretty awkward (Especially when saddled). Maybe instead it could cling to your back like a backpack, and when falling your survivor instantly grabs it. 

Just had a couple of ideas. With the Deathworms and their horns, might we be able to potentially craft a war horn using it as a base for an instrument?

Also, seeing as how we are unable to get anglers on Scorched Earth, what would your thoughts be on adding Arthropluera Blood as an item that can be burned in torches and will emit a green light glow compared to the regular and blue of angler gel. Now as the blood is acidic, perhaps it might only burn for 45 seconds to one minute per piece of blood.

12 hours ago, xKingPhoenix said:

Can you guys explain in detail how ascension will work?

They stated a while back once you ascend you get to keep some of the stats you leveled but you revert back to level 1. The next time you go through the process all the ob bosses get harder and the process repeats itself.

On 9/12/2016 at 11:30 PM, Valentine said:

Can we have server settings where you can have part of the map be pvp so like for scorched earth you could make a huge city where people can meet but don't go to far south because that's the wild badlands where everyone murders each other. Also the city has an arena or something.

This way people can kinda build a world on their servers and have fun with all the styles of play.

They have mods for that already.

1. Are we going to see some kind of a "bird cage" ? Would be nice to see something like that for my wyvern for example, because right now you obviously cannot build ceilings on top of fence foundations without pillars and building a entire house for wyvern/birds wouldn't be as badass I guess

2. With the rock elemental are we going to see some more "elementals" ? Maybe a water/fire one?

3. Are we even going to see more elemental wyverns?

4. For the procedurelly generated arks: how exactly are we going to have influence on them? Are we going to be able to choose what biomes we want on our ark or how many caves? And are those arks going to be completely infinite? Because I would wonder where to place the 3 obelisks then? Would be nice to get some deeper look into that nice system of procedurelly generated arks as they're going to drop next patch

5. Do you plan on improving the AI of the creatures before or after the official release of ark? Would love to see those creatures not just wander around and kill everything they see I guess ^^

On 9/13/2016 at 5:17 PM, UranoMetria said:

Could the way you hold the archaeopteryx before gliding be tweaked? Even when not parachuting, the archaeopteryx is held up high in the air, which looks pretty awkward (Especially when saddled). Maybe instead it could cling to your back like a backpack, and when falling your survivor instantly grabs it. 

Absolutely agree.  It should just rest on your shoulder like all the shoulder mounts.  When you're character is falling from any distance that could cause damage (let's say 4 walls high) then you should change how the character holds the archaeopteryx.

Is it possible for a character to have a log on and log off animation?  It's a little disconcerting to watch your tribe member fall apart and collapse when they log off or just pop up standing when they log in.  It would be more enjoyable and enhance the RP aspect if characters would crouch and lay down or sit on crossed legs when the game detects that the player logged off.  At that point their body can be dragged if need be, but first start with the animation then have the option to drag.  Same goes for logging on.  Have a waking up animation where they stand and stretch...maybe even rub their eyes. 

Can you add a petting function and animation to each dino?  It's nice to pet the lystros and I like the added effect of increasing the exp during it, but it would be nice to pet our other dinos too like the dire wolf, dire bear, or any dino we feel did a good job at that time.  Being able to give affection to our tames would be a key feature for immersion.  Having those dinos reciprocate by providing a buff such as petting our wolf before going into a cave or a fight would increase the offense and defense of that tame similar to having a 100% imprinted dino.  Maybe not to the same level of buff, but something decent.  That way I can show my dino some love and it can love me back by providing a little extra buff before a fight. 

What about creating an engram to build an aquarium?  It would cost crystal, metal, and electronics to make and it can house 1 of each species (pirahana/coel/salmon).  It would look cool as a decoration in a house, plus it could provide fish meat when you go into the inventory.  Like maybe every hour it would provide a small amount of fish meat that you can then pull from inventory and cook.  Make it with a cap of only holding maybe around 20 raw fish.  The raw fish will never go bad and you can only pull from the inventory, never add to it so it can't be used as storage.  Kind of like the tree sap tap.  This would provide a constant source of low end meat very much like having a farm provides a constant source of berries and crops.  This shouldn't be a low level item.  Maybe a level 60 engram.

1 hour ago, Paul080576 said:

Absolutely agree.  It should just rest on your shoulder like all the shoulder mounts.  When you're character is falling from any distance that could cause damage (let's say 4 walls high) then you should change how the character holds the archaeopteryx.

Well it's supposed to be a meter tall, so it probably won't fit on a shoulder, but considering that it can climb it does make sense for it to be able to be carried in a similar way

Could we get an option to download an official server map with all its structures and tamed dinos?

I'd really like to be able to switch to single player since I have a lot less free time now but I don't want to quit completely (I love ark way too much!)  

Maybe you could only enable it on PvE servers so people can't use it to gather information about their opponents.

Thank you!

Archived