ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Arnia said:

Really hope this question gets answered, I ask about character customisation in every Digest Q&A...

That has already been answered with a yes. Will come in the near future. 

1 hour ago, redheadluvr83 said:

Can you add an option to show the actual stat values versus percentages? I think it would be handy when doing stat comparison and breeding :)

Check dododex.com, they have a handy tool to see where the post-tame levels went. 

Apart from that, you have to take note of where you put any levels later while leveling. 

Breeding only accounts levels that are added with taming efficiency. 

1 hour ago, UnweptMars75189 said:

Would it be possible to look in/out on the spyglass while on a mount, without having to take it off hand? Similar to the way it works while off a mount. It's a bit tedious when looking around for formidable tames.

I think it's due to limited input possibilities that this is not going happen. (maybe on PC)

While on foot LMB/RT is melee and RMB/LT is looking through the spyglass. 

While mounted the above mentioned buttons still do whatever they are associated with the specific dino you're riding (e.g. attacking, grabbing [on fliers], roar/howl). 

1 hour ago, UnweptMars75189 said:

Is the tethering distance on non-dedicated servers only a temporary aspect of the game? I would really enjoy playing with my brother simultaneously without the tethering, seems like we'd need a third Xbox for that. (An Xbox hosting the dedicated server)

As of now, the tether distance is only on Xbox, due to limitations in processing capabilities (of the Xbox One itself). 

Usually, you have a powerful computer or server that does all the calculations between all players connected.

On the Xbox and thus non-dedicated sessions, the hosts console has to (mostly) compute everything that is going on with all associated profiles, such as environment, wild and tamed dinos and harvesting, aswell as you (the host) playing and doing/seeing what you do. 

Player dedicated servers (mostly) only compute changes in the environment, and not player data. That's up to the clients consoles (connected profiles).

There might be a way to increase the distance, but I don't see that we're going to be able to free roam as we like (on non-ded servers).

1 hour ago, Jilly said:

Would really be nice to see The Island map get a spawn adjustment to dinos, allowing them to spawn like the dinos do on the Center. Upper mid level to high levels dinos, rather than the painful most commonly low level dinos.

Difficulty 5 (as referred to on PC [level 5-150 dinos]) will come with the Tek Tier upgrade to the island. 

---------

Keep in mind that I anwered these questions to the best of my knowledge, just to keep people calm in case of no reply from the devs. 

In a future update can we get more easy access config choices. Going into the config to edit stuff like how long eggs take to hatch and mature and others like the Titan starving to death should be easy to access in my opinion, especially for single players like me it would make the game even easier to pick up.

Can the compound bow be relocated in the engrams list, it feels out of place near the end, being outclassed in stopping power and tranqing ability by firearms (and even the crossbow for the latter) and yet being so far down in the list. it feels more like a bow enthusiasts toy than a legitimate weapon addition. could you take a look at its balance, placement, and tranqing power? i really enjoy using bows, and i want to use it, but it feels more like a "wall mount item" right now and cant justify it.

I think we all love the addition of Official Mods and with Primitive+ coming out very soon we are excited. Will we see Unofficial Mod support on the Xbox? It would give us the ability to download mods we want to play on a singleplayer world or that are downloaded on a dedicated server. Or are we going to see more and more Official Mods get released over time?

Will the Carnotaurus be rebalanced with the release of the Allosaurus? It's a dino that never really got to shine and I'd hate to see Carnos be even more irrelevant. I personally believe giving Carnos a sprint speed increase while giving the rex a slight sprint speed decrease would be a good start.

Also on the topic of the Rex as more carnivores are introduced will the number of wild Rexes be reduced? At this point they seem to be far too common for such a large predator.

Ark Survival Evolved on the XBOX ONE

Could we get an server option to activate a death marker on the survivor map? Because of the graphics resolution on the XBOX it is very difficult to find the own corpse, especially within the jungle biom.

Could we get the possiblity to edit the map? It would be great if we could input own markers on the map like home base and other points of interests.

Could we build a tree house on any tree !! Many player want to build tree house, but the redwood area is too small for all player to build. Also, not too much player live near redwood area, if the tree house is near their base, it is prefect~!!! Or we can plant a big tree for treehouse building by ourselves~~!!! It is more funny~~!!

8 minutes ago, NightProwler18 said:

Hi can you guys by any chance put in a console command that allows you to summon and stop Rain and Fog please. As well do you have any plans on extending/expanding TheIsland map because to be honest it's getting a bit too crowded with Dino's and Player Bases.

There is an expansion, it's called The Centre lol

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived