Another unable to connect to server post.

This is my first time posting in one of these threads anywhere, I've always been able to get my game servers running on my own with little to no google search, but this one has completely stumped me. Any help even simple things are welcome. With that said, I'll go over the progressive steps in getting my server visible and what the home network looks like.

ASA Server Manager creates server and its visible in the ASA Server list. Small victory there. But the issue is I can't connect to it even through LAN direct open server.ip.here:7777.

When I go into steam and brows my servers, I am unable to find it running as LAN or even directly though favorites. I get and error for both, LAN says "There are no servers running on your local network." Even though I can see it in the Ark Survival Ascended unofficial list. When I try to connect through steam servers using the external IP I get "Did not find any servers at that address." using port 7777 to connect, when I switch the server setting to MultiHome then try the above using local IP for LAN I get the same messages.

Now when I go into the game client in unofficial servers list, I see the server, but it fails to connect, wire shark says the packets are unreachable. When I open the console and use open external.server.address:7777 it times out, when I use local.server.address:7777 it says invalid password. I'm missing something here but for the life of me I can't find it right now.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Alright let's start with the hardware:

I have a gateway that can't run bridge mode due to home automation equipment because the equipment runs though the gateway Wi-Fi and LAN ports.

I have a router that supplies strong signal through out the house.

I have a hardware firewall and switch that blocks traffic to select and guest devices. 

I am running windows 11 with Antivirus, Software Firewall and Windows Firewall enabled.

I have properly routed traffic from the gateway for incoming and outgoing transit to and from the router.

I have properly opened ports for steam games in the router correctly, as all other steam game servers are working (not ASA though)

I have added exception rules for my Antivirus.

I have added exception rules for my software firewall and Windows firewall.

Troubleshooting 

# (individually and combined with the following)

I tested gateway in dmz and also bridge mode, and it made no difference.

I tested with all firewalls and antivirus shields down, made no difference.

I tested with the router in DMZ mode, made no difference.

I can see the ports listed in the listening ports for ArkAscendedServer.exe, but all http port checkers fail to confirm open ports with the programs running.

image.png.6d3e8ab45217498e009b123b6b108b6c.png

image.png.34da91b9eb54bf062d9d72b78a650f17.png

image.png.7ef4a485e9c6fe13973fab6ebefbf898.png

One screenshot shows port = 7777 and  QueryPort = 27015
But the next screenshot (Listening Ports) says port 27020 on TCP, 8888 on TCP and 7777 on UDP.

Ark uses UDP for "port" and "queryport"
RCON ports need TCP

I haven't double checked ASA, but ASE uses the "queryport" number AND the next number up.
So to use QueryPort = 27015, you also need to allow (and port-forward) port 27016 as UDP.

Thanks invincibleqc, I looked into the NAT issue, and it looks like I have a NAT passthrough set up on my router but not sure how that works, I'm not really a network guy. How would I fix the NAT issue? Is this done though windows or the router or both?

As for Larkfields response, your right port 777 was assigned to "both" on my router, I have changed that but unfortunately, it's still not allowing me to connect.

Before

image.png.d7a8526d015b7988c8bef68a4ff3173e.png

After

image.png.91f3330579a6a8d56fe2d4983f152b50.png

image.png.836b1850f8734d939554a1c50298289f.png

In game error: 

image.png.c4c2f142fab4194c3588b1cffb6d5b4c.png

Posted (edited)

OK I've solved it.  Due to the complexity of my network, I failed to point some of the traffic routes correctly. What I did was started at the access point and worked my way in to the server. Each step I verified my settings between the nodes static routes, port forwarding and security options. Once I had a complete path, I set up NAT passthrough with port forwarding through each of the firewalls. I think what it did was the network mapping, as I changed a few settings there that didn't make sense.

Appreciate the replies, cheers!

Chap

Edited by Chaple