Graphics after Update

Sarin

1 hour ago, MrSnow76 said:

I just installed the game a few days ago and am struggling with getting the RTX and DLSS in the game. Might this problem be related to the latest update? I don't see performance problems with a gtx 4070 super. But I'd really love to have the diss enabled to get the most out of the game and use the best possible graphics.

To get hardware Lumen (Ray tracing) turn global illumination to Epic.   DLSS is now in the video tab, but as mentioned in this thread, it looks terrible unless you use DLAA, which hurts performance.  Other AA options like FSR and Native (TSR) only look decent if you use 100% render resolution which is hard on performance. 

All upscaling options that can boost performance such as DLSS, FSR, and Native below 100% look like absolute ass since the last update.

Edited by Hixbot
  • Thanks 1

Game was perfect, after the update I haven't played more than 5 min. 

Game is now unplayable, lags, stutters, FPS goes from 50 to 9 when I turn, its a big mess. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE revert the update to graphics.

I have a Yuti breeding area, if I even look in that direction my game stops for 1-2 seconds and everything pixelates and then stutters and lags badly. 

Everything was AWESOME before the update, now unplayable. 

• Like 1

I tried lowering my graphics now after the Monday update.

The game is now atrocious, before the update everything was good, now its awfull, unplayable.

I paid for the game, played the game, now unable to play..... Does that seem fair?

Again going through all the BS with ASA as we did with Ark SE...

Please fix the graphics stuttering/lag issues

Sorry dont have much info for you, 

But....

After the latest update or so im experiencing verry weird shimmering on water and distant objects its really bad and hurts my eyes to look at it.

4060Ti

everything set to high and using DLSS quality

I have even tried turning off DLSS and using native AA with 100% resolution still looks EXACTLY the same,

I have no idea DILO is going on

Huge problem on 4060TI,

I dont have FPS problems my FPS is ok,

Just the GRAPHICS are terrible, like pixelated blurry mess, it actually is physically hard to look at.

• Yes this is on 100% resolution,
  • Tried turning of DLSS and using native AA same thing, looks EXACTLY the same
  • Resolution is 1920X1080
  • Other games look brilliant no problems there
  • Most obvious in distant trees and dinos, especially water when the sun is reflecting of of it
  • Also im getting bad ghosting even with DLSS/frame gen OFF YES MADE 100% sure it was off and restarted and reset.
  • Latest Drivers
  • Nvidia CP on default
  • Tried r.ScreenPercentage 100

So when i played around with r.ScreenPercentage i can see the areas of concern getting worse when reducing this with the same Artifacts/Grainy imagery so its got to be something with how UE5 is doing some sort of upscaling in engine. 

Got two friends who also have 4060 and a 4060Ti 16GB and they have exactly the same problem 

Where is the best place to report this?

3 hours ago, dreaded190 said:

Huge problem on 4060TI,

I dont have FPS problems my FPS is ok,

Just the GRAPHICS are terrible, like pixelated blurry mess, it actually is physically hard to look at.

• Yes this is on 100% resolution,
  • Tried turning of DLSS and using native AA same thing, looks EXACTLY the same
  • Resolution is 1920X1080
  • Other games look brilliant no problems there
  • Most obvious in distant trees and dinos, especially water when the sun is reflecting of of it
  • Also im getting bad ghosting even with DLSS/frame gen OFF YES MADE 100% sure it was off and restarted and reset.
  • Latest Drivers
  • Nvidia CP on default
  • Tried r.ScreenPercentage 100

So when i played around with r.ScreenPercentage i can see the areas of concern getting worse when reducing this with the same Artifacts/Grainy imagery so its got to be something with how UE5 is doing some sort of upscaling in engine. 

Got two friends who also have 4060 and a 4060Ti 16GB and they have exactly the same problem 

Where is the best place to report this?

The video tab isn't revealing what variables you are actually changing, but from what I can tell there is not true AA OFF.

These console commands help reveal what is going on.

r.antiAliasingmethod 0  off (no option in the video tab will do this, try it, this is how terrible the game looks with no AA, this is the messy image that is being fed to the technolgies below)

r.antiAliasingmethod 1 FXAA (no option to do this in in the video tab, always looked terrible)

r.antiAliasingmethod 2 TAA (before the update this looked better than it does now, but it always was pretty poor, and now it's completely awful, this is sensitive to the r.ScreenPercentage command)

r.antiAliasingmethod 3 MSAA (no option to do this in the video tab, always looked terrible anyways)

r.antiAliasingmethod 4 TSR/FSR/DLSS (this will use whatever upscaling technology you select in the video tab, and is sensitive to r.ScreenPercentage)

All options in the video tab use r.antiAliasingmethod 4, native option uses TSR.   TSR with r.ScreenPercentage 100 is heavy on performance but does a good job cleaning up the image.  DLSS with r.ScreenPercentage 100 is the same thing as DLAA, it does a very good job cleaning up the image but is very heavy on performance.

The problem was before the last update, DLSS did a pretty good job in quality mode (r.ScreenPercentage 75) and did alot help with performance but now its a huge mess.  

BTW, I'm on a 4070 and I used to get resonable performance with DLSS quality mode, but now it looks too awful to play.  If I use DLAA it looks good, but performance is unplayable.  Basically the last update made the game unplayable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hixbot said:

The video tab isn't revealing what variables you are actually changing, but from what I can tell there is not true AA OFF.

These console commands help reveal what is going on.

r.antiAliasingmethod 0  off (no option in the video tab will do this, try it, this is how terrible the game looks with no AA, this is the messy image that is being fed to the technolgies below)

r.antiAliasingmethod 1 FXAA (no option to do this in in the video tab, always looked terrible)

r.antiAliasingmethod 2 TAA (before the update this looked better than it does now, but it always was pretty poor, and now it's completely awful, this is sensitive to the r.ScreenPercentage command)

r.antiAliasingmethod 3 MSAA (no option to do this in the video tab, always looked terrible anyways)

r.antiAliasingmethod 4 TSR/FSR/DLSS (this will use whatever upscaling technology you select in the video tab, and is sensitive to r.ScreenPercentage)

All options in the video tab use r.antiAliasingmethod 4, native option uses TSR.   TSR with r.ScreenPercentage 100 is heavy on performance but does a good job cleaning up the image.  DLSS with r.ScreenPercentage 100 is the same thing as DLAA, it does a very good job cleaning up the image but is very heavy on performance.

The problem was before the last update, DLSS did a pretty good job in quality mode (r.ScreenPercentage 75) and did alot help with performance but now its a huge mess.  

BTW, I'm on a 4070 and I used to get resonable performance with DLSS quality mode, but now it looks too awful to play.  If I use DLAA it looks good, but performance is unplayable.  Basically the last update made the game unplayable.

Great, i dont get it. Dont these guys test it before an update goes live? They like see it looks like crap and then are like, yeah lets release it they players will have to deal with it.?? 

Anyways thanks will look at the options you mentioned.

Another with graphical issues following the weekends patch(es)

Incredibly grainy images unless I use the r.ScreenPercentage 100 command, and an extreme amount of ghosting. Neither of these were occurring before the patch hit, and no amount of tweaking settings has reduced it. 

Attached a picture of the level of ghosting that's occurring, this was with a relatively slow camera rotation. 
Edit to add - I'm on a 4070

Issues.JPG

Edited by Freyn

I did report the issue as a bug. still waiting for any feedback. 

I'm on a 3070, 32Gb Ram, i5 9400f, Asus Strix ROG 390F MB, everything was awesome before the Monday patch, graphics looked amazing, now I am unable to play the game, it lags and stutters so much I am unable to walk around in my base.

Went from 40+ to 10 fps with one patch.

Going back to Ark SE in the meantime.

20 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

There won't be any feedback unless QA has additional questions for you.

I posted the most simple of bugs in that section months ago.  That the steam version "whistle passive" keybind does not whistle passive (it whistles attack my target).   We've have had many patches since then and that tiny problem wasnt fixed.  It's pretty clear they aren't seriously looking at that section, because fixing a bug like would require fixing only a single line of code.

Edited by Hixbot

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hixbot said:

It's pretty clear they aren't seriously looking at that section, because fixing a bug like would require fixing only a single line of code.

They do. I see them all the time. Like all QA departments, they prioritize work. That bug must not be on the top of their list. 

3 hours ago, dreaded190 said:

Great, i dont get it. Dont these guys test it before an update goes live? They like see it looks like crap and then are like, yeah lets release it they players will have to deal with it.?? 

Anyways thanks will look at the options you mentioned.

clearly they want us to test their game. Maybe they believe... why i have to bother to have a beta-testing when i can simply use my addicted gamers to test it for free ?

Joebl0w13, could i ask you a favor? since you'r a  trustworthy moderator and probably more skilled in english than most of us, would you like to fill a report to the bug session for all of us about the latest graphic misadventure? maybe they will care  more of u instead of us, poor custumers of this company.

• Volunteer Moderator
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, battlew said:

Joebl0w13, could i ask you a favor? since you'r a  trustworthy moderator and probably more skilled in english than most of us, would you like to fill a report to the bug session for all of us about the latest graphic misadventure? maybe they will care  more of u instead of us, poor custumers of this company

I'm just another gamer here with you guys. I have seen many reports entered for the graphics issues. They are aware of it. I can't speak to a fix timeline though. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What happened to the glass wall skin after update my 1000 clear walls modified to no visible frames or corners and now the hours upon hours I just spent are gone thanks friends peace be with you during this troubling time of pressure cause things just aren’t right evolved was finally getting somewhere and then you shut down official to start all over on the same game pretty smart stealing all our time from us we should be getting paid to play this game

• Volunteer Moderator
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, P0PaWheelie said:

What happened to the glass wall skin after update my 1000 clear walls modified to no visible frames or corners and now the hours upon hours I just spent are gone thanks friends peace be with you during this troubling time of pressure cause things just aren’t right evolved was finally getting somewhere and then you shut down official to start all over on the same game pretty smart stealing all our time from us we should be getting paid to play this game

90% of my base is gone. Every workstation, container and vault along with their contents. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
Posted (edited)

All of my mods (I used just 7 of them) were blown away. Was forced to download them again. 

I'm just going to shelve the game again until they figure out how to deal with mods. At this point the game is nothing more than a waste of time simulator. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 2

I can relate, myself im fuming atm but im trying to stay calm. So i wont go off topic, i dont have a lot of time to play anymore but i like to log in when i can. But all i see is "oh i need to troubleshoot this game so i can play it". Not how you want to spend an evening after a long week... And after MONTHS they actually fixed frame gen i was so happy game was working so good and looked the same. But after this update we are back.. The grainy pixelated image just throws me off i really cant enjoy it. I hope this get pushed up as a priority asap. 

Edited by iStephano