Would be nice to see Ragnarok drop before anything else. What's your opinion?

CptYarrr

Since ASA has dropped, me and tons of (old) players had a blast on the Island. Yet, alot of us allready getting really bored. 

Even modded, boosted and with overhauls, the map is just getting boring.

If I'm correct, the next map will be the Center and if we're lucky we will be able to play SE in 2 to 3 months.

I'm pretty hyped for those, yet playing another 4 months at least to see wyverns/griffins between my legs is still boring on the Island and the Center for that matter.

So, why not divert all attention towards Ragnarok and drop that one first? That map alone was most favorite for the majority of the ASE genpop. 
My bet would be, and ofc the old bugs have to be smoothened out for this, if this map drops that WildCard has way more peace plus kudos from the genpop. 

How do you guys feel about this? 

Would you be ok with WildCard dropping work on Center and SE and make Ragnarok the first map to drop?

I doubt we will replay all maps like a nostalgia club. I started playing ARK with the Valguero map, and tried out all other maps. Abberation and Extinktion were both unplayable for me, because of lag, Scorched Earth was boring without ocean play, and the Center was just another the Island. I guess we will only replay the most liked maps, like Valguero, Crystal Isles and Genesis.

2 hours ago, CptYarrr said:

Since ASA has dropped, me and tons of (old) players had a blast on the Island. Yet, alot of us allready getting really bored. 

Even modded, boosted and with overhauls, the map is just getting boring.

I think they should drop in the same order they did the first time.

If Rag dropped before Center and SE then both of those maps would become unimportant. If they granted your wish then you would still be complaining about being bored when Center and SE get released.

The problem isn't the map order, the problem is either a) you're bored because you're playing the same game twice or b) playing "modded, boosted" is making it too easy and fast.

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

I think they should drop in the same order they did the first time.

If Rag dropped before Center and SE then both of those maps would become unimportant. If they granted your wish then you would still be complaining about being bored when Center and SE get released.

The problem isn't the map order, the problem is either a) you're bored because you're playing the same game twice or b) playing "modded, boosted" is making it too easy and fast.

Can you tell me if I win the lottery next week as well? Or how to make sure my kids growup the way as intended? Or maybe when the roadmap will be ready for ASA so it actually makes sense? 

Your assumptions are incorrect, I sure hope you dont have that much expectations from the people around you or at least give those people space to explore the world on their own.

10K hours on offi, 4K on private/dedicated servers ASE. I think its fair to say this game is dying due to boredom. And fast.

The question was if more players would like to see ar least 1 very popular map before the rest drops. 

For you its clear you're fine with how all goes. The rest of your comment is just way too assuming.

Edited by CptYarrr

4 hours ago, CptYarrr said:

Can you tell me if I win the lottery next week as well?

Swing and a miss. The lottery is random, people are not.

10K hours on offi, 4K on private/dedicated servers ASE. I think its fair to say this game is dying due to boredom. And fast.

Yeah, because you're playing the same game twice. That's not an assumption, it's an observation which should have been self-evident to you. No matter what order they bring out the maps you'll still be playing a game you've already played. That intrinsically leads to boredom.

And my point about Rag still stands. It made the game easier, which was in fact part of the reason of it being released. The free DLC maps were intended to be "catch up" maps for people who had not bought the paid DLC, so they could get assets in the game (like wyverns, for example) that they had not had access to if they didn't buy SE. The order of the map releases was directly related to the order in which new creatures were added to the game, if Rag is in the game then there's no reason for people to play SE unless they deliberately want to make things harder for themselves, the only reason to play SE is if you want to get tames that are not available somewhere else, the moment those tames can be gotten on Rag people will lose all interest in playing SE.

The question was if more players would like to see ar least 1 very popular map before the rest drops.

You didn't simply ask a question, you proposed an idea for discussion. If you only want people to agree with you then don't start a public discussion.

For you its clear you're fine with how all goes.

No, it's more than just that. You're trying to ignore the point, which is that there is an underlying logic to the sequence of the maps in the game.

• Haha 1