Change Cryopods for PVE

Luizza

Suggestion

I understand the need for and the benefits of the new cryopod nerfs for PVP but for PVE they are just painful and irritating.

We now have small cryo-base spam around every cave, every POI - some tribes are able to release their dinos inside caves (those who built in strategic spots where their cryofridge radius clips into the cave below) but most are not. That means there are 2 tiers of player, those who can easily farm loot drops and artifacts in caves, and those who cannot. It's simply not fair and creates a lot of toxicity on some official PVE servers.

There are very few benefits to the new system in PVE as they are actually playing out and big downsides. It creates needless frustration and a feeling of unfairness. I know this has caused players I know to return to ASE and they won't be the first, it's such a shame.

Please revert cryos to the old system on PVE. Ty.

Edited by Luizza
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 replies to this server topic

13 minutes ago, MalarOpossum867 said:

The Cryopods were released early due to servers hitting the server tame cap of 5000 and preventing more dinos from being tamed. The nerfs are supposed to be there until the Extinction map is re-released for ASA. Remember, in the OG ARK, Cryopods were not released at all until Extinction was first released!

Yes, I'm aware of why the cryos were brought back early, and I'm aware of why they decided to have these half and half measures. But as they are actually playing out on PVE official is not what they intended and just creates unnecessary friction in the game (in personal gameplay and between players).

Edited by Luizza
  • Like 1

Hi All / Ark Team

The way the cryo pods are working at the moment are disastrously ruining the game for many, people are now not only spamming pillars but 2 foundations with a generator and Cryo fridge, also some tribes can unfairly spawns tames in to cave where others cannot giving them a clear game advantage.

Also now players just leave there tames at the cave blocking the entrance, this was clearly not thought out before it was put in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was build a small 1x2 generator Fridge on my server cos Tribe build overall on the green obelisk pillars that poeple can not build there but found a leak, now they are angry of my 1x2 build and close the main way with a Behamot Wood Gate that i can not go in with my Dinos shortly way to the Green Terminal... me **** that up now like to go boss fight but they close way i reported id got answer only is multireport abd closed support closed only my ticked, but the blocking GATE is still there.

Good thing is if possible to spawn my DInos without fridge then i dont have this problem now with this Tribe that mean all this map is them on the PVE server, but no, i can not go to boss fight on this terminal, and my report on this tribe break rules CoD get this answer als multiple report, that i not can seen other players report of this in ticked system and support do nothing, the way to this side green terminal is still blocked. -.- 

So i can not spawn my Dinos for Bossfight direclty there cos of this Cryofridge rules on PVE server, and Players Close arena that poeplc can not build there or Block the way, i mean hello you say it is multiple report i have made 1 report can not seen other reports but i see i am not the only one that not like this rules on PVE server. so and i dontr like to fear away from terminal do spawn move with 20 Dinos 1000m+ away from terminal one of the another one cos of AI path break follow if dinos got invisible after 60m-80m  and not follow anymore. :/

Edited by Spowsi

On 1/22/2024 at 1:24 AM, MalarOpossum867 said:

The Cryopods were released early due to servers hitting the server tame cap of 5000 and preventing more dinos from being tamed. The nerfs are supposed to be there until the Extinction map is re-released for ASA. Remember, in the OG ARK, Cryopods were not released at all until Extinction was first released!

Yes I agree however releasing them in this state is unacceptable, all they have done is drive people away. I'm pretty sure there would be more players still playing if they had NOT have put out the cryos like this. Players are just getting annoyed with other players who have these Cryos everywhere. You can't build a trap, you can't build a base its a joke at this point and they need to put the pods back as they were.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2024 at 11:42 AM, Spowsi said:

I was build a small 1x2 generator Fridge on my server cos Tribe build overall on the green obelisk pillars that poeple can not build there but found a leak, now they are angry of my 1x2 build and close the main way with a Behamot Wood Gate that i can not go in with my Dinos shortly way to the Green Terminal... me **** that up now like to go boss fight but they close way i reported id got answer only is multireport abd closed support closed only my ticked, but the blocking GATE is still there.

Good thing is if possible to spawn my DInos without fridge then i dont have this problem now with this Tribe that mean all this map is them on the PVE server, but no, i can not go to boss fight on this terminal, and my report on this tribe break rules CoD get this answer als multiple report, that i not can seen other players report of this in ticked system and support do nothing, the way to this side green terminal is still blocked. -.- 

So i can not spawn my Dinos for Bossfight direclty there cos of this Cryofridge rules on PVE server, and Players Close arena that poeplc can not build there or Block the way, i mean hello you say it is multiple report i have made 1 report can not seen other reports but i see i am not the only one that not like this rules on PVE server. so and i dontr like to fear away from terminal do spawn move with 20 Dinos 1000m+ away from terminal one of the another one cos of AI path break follow if dinos got invisible after 60m-80m  and not follow anymore. :/

I feel your pain, some people block off many routes in the game that cause other players much difficulty. Some areas that are essential to the game should be no build zones like the spawns for tribute creatures required to complete end game. Spinos are a pain on Island with all the bases spawn blocking them.