ASA - The problem with the Mod Storage

TheMoschopsGuy

Recently, when i was trying to download SOTF, an error was popping up, saying to delete some mods because the mod storage was full. Did it a few times and still the download didn't work (it would stop sometimes and then at a certain point it would reset), so i stopped trying.

Honestly, this just sucks. I found other people with this problem and it looks like it happens only on console and the limit isn't the same for everyone. Also,i think having SOTF as a mod is not very logical, and i hope that Scorched Earth,Aberration and the other maps won't be released as mods (though unoffical maps like The Center will probably be).

Yeah I noticed that too while combating the constant crashing issue.....9 GB, and SOTF takes up 1 gb?......the winter wonderland took up 700MB.......we are looking at roughly 1 GB per "event" and thats required to play officials, which means roughly 9 events and then the mods file limit is reached.......I bought a 2 terabyte seagate, but Im only allowed 9 GB????? WAT DER FUG?

Edited by wizard03

2 hours ago, Fish77 said:

Take it this is on console? could be a restriction by Sony/Microsoft? on PC I have all the free space on my ssd available

I unno, I suppose it could be a system limit from the console companies, but Iv been mulling this over and over in my head......If you play official, I guess that means no mods at all whatsoever. Which sucks, but so be it. But even with that said, with only that much space available, It will be full within a year. Heck, maybe half a year. And with that said, what happens when they are filled and a new event hits? Do you delete an old mod? Will the game still function correctly on officials if you delete an old mod? Lastly, what about unofficial servers that require more than 10 gb of mods? Console players are SOL. =/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...