Winter Wonderland is Live!

StudioWildcard

🌲 ASA_WW.png 🌲

ASA_WinterWonderland2023_Wallpaper_2560x1440.png

Download in full resolution

Deck the halls with boughs of holly! Winter Wonderland will be making a triumphant return with new presents and goodies for ARK survivors. The epic winter-themed holiday event begins on December 21, 2023 and will be live until January 7, 2024 on Official Servers.

RaptorClaus will be sailing across the star-filled night sky in his sleigh, dropping off presents filled with high-end loot as well as Mistletoe, and Coal for those naughty Survivors.  You'll be able to catch RaptorClaus flying across the skies at midnight (game time) on all maps.

Our recent Mod Spotlight trailer features Winter Wonderland:

❄️ eventdates_ww.png

• December 21st to January 7th

❄️ eventrates_ww.png

• PVP/PVE: 1.5x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience + 1.5x Breeding
  • Small Tribes: 4x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience + 3.5x Breeding
  • ARKpocalypse: 4.5x Harvesting, Taming and Experience + 4.5x Breeding

❄️ eventcreatures_ww.png

• RaptorClaus
  • Santa's Big Helper Yeti - Drops Coal and Mistletoe. *NEW*
  • Abominable Snowman - Drops Coal and Mistletoe. *NEW*
  • Pegomastax Grouch- Drops Coal and Mistletoe. Steals Gift Boxes in return for a special reward. *NEW*
  • Wild Rideable Reindeer - Drops Coal and Mistletoe. Can be fed Rockarrot and ridden for additional drop amounts. *NEW*

*Event-specific recipes are now on the Smithy instead of the Cooking Pot

❄️eventchibis_ww.png

• RaptorClauss *NEW*
  • Hyaenadeer *NEW*

❄️ eventemotes_ww.png

• Caroling Emote
  • Happy Clap Emote
  • Nutcracker Dance Emote
  • Shiver Emote *NEW*
  • Snow Angel Emote *NEW*

❄️ eventskins_ww.png

• Blue-Ball Winter Beanie Skin
  • Candy Cane Club Skin
  • Christmas Bola Skin
  • Dino Ornament Swimsuit Skins
  • Felt Reindeer Antlers Skin
  • Gray-Ball Winter Beanie Skin
  • Green-Ball Winter Beanie Skin
  • HLN-A Winter Beanie Skin
  • Jerboa Wreath Swimsuit Skins
  • Megaloceros Reindeer Costume
  • Noglin Regift Winter Beanie Skin
  • Noglin Swimsuit Skins
  • Nutcracker Slingshot Skin
  • urple-Ball Winter Beanie Skin
  • Purple-Ball Winter Beanie Skin (Winter Wonderland 5)
  • Raptor Sleighing Winter Beanie Skin
  • Red-Ball Winter Beanie Skin
  • Santa Costume Skin
  • Santa Hat Skin
  • Snowy Winter Beanie Skin
  • Ugly Carno Sweater Skin
  • Ugly Chibi Sweater Skin
  • Ugly Bronto Sweater Skin
  • Ugly Bulbdog Sweater Skin
  • Ugly Caroling Sweater Skin
  • Ugly Noglin Regift Sweater Skin
  • Ugly Raptor Claws Sweater Skin
  • Ugly Rockwell Sweater Skin
  • Ugly T-Rex Sweater Skin
  • Yeti Swimsuit Skins
  • Full-body Krampus Costume Player Character Skin/Cosmetic  *NEW*
  • Santa’s Workshop Smithy Structure Skin  *NEW*
  • Festive Forge Structure Skin  *NEW*

❄️eventitems_ww.png

•  Coal
  •  Festive Dino Candy
  •  Gift Box
  •  Holiday Lights
  •  Holiday Stocking
  •  Holiday Tree
  •  Mistletoe
  •  Snowman
  •  Wreath

❄️ wildcolors_ww2.png

• Lavender
  • Dino Light Purple
  • Dino Light Blue
  • DragonGreen0
  • ActualBlack
  • Cyan
  • DeepPink
  • Dino Dark Purple
  • Mint
  • Jade
  • PineGreen
  • SpruceGreen
  • DarkMagenta
  • Glacial
  • PowderBlue
  • Teal
  • DarkViolet
  • Red
  • Green
  • Light Grey
  • Light Red
  • Dark Red
  • Dino Light Red
  • Dino Light Green
  • Dino Medium Green
  • Dino Albino
  • NearWhite
  • Yellow

ASA_WW_SPND.png

• From the Main Menu, select the mod tab.
  • Search for Winter Wonderland in the ARK Mod list and Install it.  Mod ID: 927090
  • After it's installed, go back to your game setup screen and select 'Mod Settings'
  • You will see Winter Wonderland and any other mods you've downloaded in 'Available Mods'
  • Select Winter Wonderland and activate it.

ASA_WW_NonOfficial.png

Note
For unofficial servers, if you enable the mod and remove it before we have migrated the NEW skins and unlockables for winter wonderland to the base game files then your players will lose those items. Please make sure that if you enable the event that you leave it enabled until we have had a chance to migrate the new content in January

• If you would like to enable Winter Wonderland on your private servers, please add the mod ID to your server command-line launch arguments (-mods=modID). No other changes should be necessary to activate the event.
    Mod ID: 927090.

View full article

It’s not live if the mod won’t download. It errors out, had it get to 12mb short then told me the file was broken and couldn’t even uninstall. Quit the game and came back it was gone now it won’t even start the download and give an error. 

Real nice job WC tho this feels more like Curseforge servers being overloaded but that sounds like a WC/CF/SG problem not the players. 

Guess we shouldn’t be shocked. Before Lost island Scorched Earth was the last thing they successfully launched on time and not riddled with gamebreaking bugs. Like how extinction was broken for MONTHS!

• Haha 1

When u added patch notes and disabled admin controls for pvp/pve which is understandable u also did it for single player :(.. It was pretty neat because I use it for kibble and saddles and I could get all items, see different maps and Dino’s that’s was in a different map but couldn’t use because there not out yet and u also had the ability to teleport to different parts of the map. Now it’s gone I have to use tedious console commands :/. Could y’all think about making it for single players only to access that? Cause after the patch notes it’s gone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diversivegamer said:

Guess we shouldn’t be shocked. Before Lost island Scorched Earth was the last thing they successfully launched on time and not riddled with gamebreaking bugs. 

Now, now; let's not besmirch wc's reputation. If you'll recall; Scorched Earth released more or less randomly and was something of a surprise drop; so there wasn't really any release date to mess up. It was also released as a paid DLC when the game was still in early access; something unheard of which was met with quite the initial negative backlash. Also; Scorched Earth released incomplete without an ascension cinematic (which they didn't put into the game until years later) or the planned tek cave (which they never put in). And lets not forget about all the wyvern egg spawn glitches; and the deathworm glitches and bugs. (Which are still in the game). 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zenninja108 said:

Same. Are you all on PS5? I see some playing sotf already but for me the file keeps breaking and /or saying out of date even though it just finished installing. Wondering if it’s a playstation issue. 

I am. Last night when I installed the WW mod, it kept stalling at 100mb (24%) but soon resolved itself. I think it's because loads of people were downloading, idk.

1 hour ago, Visdow said:

Hello!! My problem is the mod star to download but never finish. Allways say trying join to the server but nothing happend....its a bug or something??

Once I finally downloaded the mod, it was stuck on installimg/joining server. I did this a few times before going afk, and I came back to me in the server. Just takes some time to unpack.

My server failed to download the update. It just kept restarting over and over saying it was downloading but when it finished it would restart. Rolling back made it so it doesn't download the patch at all so my game version is the old one. Even before the patch I was dealing with crashing on my server, of course Nitrado was less than helpful and blamed the crashing on my PC which was running the game just fine before today's cf. My steam account updated and now crashed every single time I click single player with the exact same message I was getting before you guys claimed to fixed mods crashing the game. It was working last night. Today, unplayable. You might want to consider concentrating on stabilizing current content before adding new content to broken content. I've never seen development this poor since Blizzard devs spent more time SAing their employees rather than working on game development. It's almost as if they all moved to wildcard when they were fired. Weird.

Any questions, contact John at NVIDEA and ask him about PURPLERAIN. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been fired for having his name all over every crash report.

15 hours ago, SharpShark99816 said:

hey there just having an issue with survival of the fittest I have enough storage and ram to play sotf but for some reason it keeps getting stuck at 50 percent. When i click on a server and then it makes me download the mod for sotf it just stops at 50 any help will be appreciated

I had to uninstall svertalheim map. It's not a storage problem with console but storage allowed for mods