Increase the Structure Limit

MattCashWereFox

Suggestion

As being said in the title , the zone structure limit doesn't allow you to build freely for your needs 

For exemple , if you build the easy water cave of island and put 2 floors , you can't even build anything on it ...
Please make it almost double , it's not the proper way of optimizing your server performance and you guy's know it , optimizing shouldn't be in the detriment of the player experience .

also for the Outside building enjoyer , IN PVP , this game isn't designed to live outside . I don't want to see your comment , neither ill answer to it .

Edited by MattCashWereFox
  • Like 4

23 replies to this server topic

As you know, on Official Servers we are plagued with having to make a ticket everytime someone decides to foundation spam /everywhere/ and claim entire plots of land with no intention to build. This leads to making it nigh impossible for people to build anywhere that isn't taken by these abandoned foundations.

So I propose the following:

A limitation on the radius of placing foundations based on your first placed foundation. (Maximum of 2 Times)

For instance: You place 1 foundation down and you can place foundations around your first ever placed one up to x amount of tiles (for arguments sake, lets say 30)

You can furthermore expand your base by placing one more foundation OUTSIDE of the radius allowing you to make a much larger base (of 60 tiles).

Or you can go and place an 'outpost' or a 'trap' by doing the same, elsewhere. Meaning you can have a secondary base but you won't be allowed to make that one huge either.

Thus you can have either:

• One big base spanning 90 tiles.
  • Two outposts and a base all equalling 30 tiles each.
  • A base at 60 tiles and one outpost.

I think that's a fair trade-off that will fix a lot of the Official Servers problems with not being able to build anywhere due to mass spammed foundations.

Tell me your thoughts!

• Like 1

Honestly, you should urgently increase the construction limit from 5000 per area to at least 8000, as it is very easy to reach 5000 even with a not very large base. Or at least remove buildings such as benches, decoration and other utilities, which will no longer be considered for this limit. I never had an opportunity to make a decent base when I played Ark evolved, now that I'm playing this new modded pve server, I would like to have greater freedom.

Thank you.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:48 AM, Vertodash said:

As you know, on Official Servers we are plagued with having to make a ticket everytime someone decides to foundation spam /everywhere/ and claim entire plots of land with no intention to build. This leads to making it nigh impossible for people to build anywhere that isn't taken by these abandoned foundations.

So I propose the following:

A limitation on the radius of placing foundations based on your first placed foundation. (Maximum of 2 Times)

For instance: You place 1 foundation down and you can place foundations around your first ever placed one up to x amount of tiles (for arguments sake, lets say 30)

You can furthermore expand your base by placing one more foundation OUTSIDE of the radius allowing you to make a much larger base (of 60 tiles).

Or you can go and place an 'outpost' or a 'trap' by doing the same, elsewhere. Meaning you can have a secondary base but you won't be allowed to make that one huge either.

Thus you can have either:

• One big base spanning 90 tiles.
  • Two outposts and a base all equalling 30 tiles each.
  • A base at 60 tiles and one outpost.

I think that's a fair trade-off that will fix a lot of the Official Servers problems with not being able to build anywhere due to mass spammed foundations.

Tell me your thoughts!

You should make your own post for this. I agree though, it's bloody ridiculous that pillar spam is still around in 2024.

This is straight facts. I'm tying to build a compact and detailed base. Especially including the new smaller quarter structures. However, 5500 is so low that I cannot build more than the external shell of the base.

I do really hope that the limit is increased soon because I am currently at the cap with less than half a functional base.

Just one example :

One person build too many foundation to claim space. He have a little building at 400 meter of my base.

He build many foundation for 650m long and 250m large, It does one surface of approximately 162000m2 .

It's not normal and I propose 2 things :

- A limit of quadrat meter we can build

or

- cant build more of X separate foundation (it oblige too to take our different trap)

It will increase the server stability too.

propose.jpg

Edited by Djodje
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll get strait to the point, structure limits are way too small in every way in Ark Ascended. Reducing the structure limit as a means to "optimize" the game is lazy development and does nothing but hurt the players experience of the game. Rafts and Platform Saddles in particular have become pointless. You can't build even a half decent boat base or mobile base (quetz, paracer, mosa) without hitting the limit before you have basic structures and storage in place. Want a nice battleship base? Nope. Want a decent Quetz base with enough storage for gathering materials? Nope. How about a cool underwater base on the back of your Mosa? Sorry, you can't have that either. On top of that, you can't even place Cryo Fridges on those structures anymore. Platform Saddles and Rafts are useless now, completely. You might as well remove them entirely in their current state. Then there's land bases themselves. 5500 structures is barely enough to make something other than a box. This is especially horrible for PvE, who's sole purpose is to be a game mode where you're able to build nice things. I've put over 10000 hours in Ark Survival Evolved, I was able to build amazing castles with 10500 structure limit and awesome battleship bases that could actually serve a purpose back then but because of lazy "optimization" we get forced into building boxes only and no mobile bases of any sort. Wildcard, stop using bad optimization tactics like reduced structure limits to make up for Nitrado's terrible servers. Either properly optimize the game or cut ties with Nitrado. If this is what we can expect going forward, I won't be forking out a single dollar more towards your products, I would have spent hundreds otherwise like i did with ASE. Increase the structure limit back to 10500, make mobile platform saddle bases and Rafts viable again. I'm barely a few hundred hours in to ASA and have already hit build limits that took me years to hit in ASE. Unacceptable. 

Go over to the ATLAS side of things and asked how well radial building did (NOT) work.

Aside the fact that the radial code was constantly bugged and exploited, all it takes is for your thousand person tribe to split into small ally tribes that coordinate on discord chat and you are back to the same problems.

Are you going really going to block taming traps and forge huts?

Edited by yarnevk

Please increase the 5500 structure limit or maybe reduce the points towards the limit of quarter ceilings/walls to 0.25

The way the structure limit system is designed right now just forces everyone to build ugly square box bases or claim more land get around the cap.

We can't even finish our castle design because of this.

Problem with Structure Limit on the Official Servers and possible Solutions

The current structure limit is set to 5500 on official servers. In comparison to Ark Survival Evolved is it much less. This makes building for bigger tribes very difficult and not a nice thing todo. In the past, building was one of the best things in ark. Right now its not fun at all, because you always need to keep an eye on the strucuture limit.

structure-limit.png

Possible Solutions:
There are multiple solutions to fix the Problems.

Solution 1.: 
Increase the structure limit again or set it to the old settings from ASE. Structures dont cause much lag on the clientside. The most lag comes from lighning or dino animations.

Solution 2.:

Add large ceilings (wood, stone, metal, tek) to the game similar to large walls. Right now most bigger tribes try to counter the structure limit with using metal behemoth cellar doors. Like in the picture. 

forum.png

The problem with that is, that you cant place any structures on it. For example a fridge. So a large celling with the size of a metal behemoth cellar door would fix that issue. And you dont need to place that much normal ceilings in your base, too. That will lower the overall structures alot.  Having a similar texture on the large ceiling would look much nicer aswell.

P.S.: I dont even need that much HP too. 15k like the metal behemoth cellar door would be enough.

Edited by Essenia
  • Like 1

Hello I've been building on an official server for a month now and have built 1 base and currently working on a second one and both bases have been quite the headache due to the issue of hitting build limit. There are a few issues I have with hitting build limit.

1. I have no way of telling I am getting close to the limit.

2. When I try to remove things to reduce the structures and replace them with another item it still tells me I can't build.

3. This limit is extremely limiting for my creativity.

4. The limit for structures are including interactive items when I think the counter should be separated. (smithys and vaults and displays should have their own limit separate from walls and foundations ect.)

Hitting this build limit is always such a headache as I feel like it always pops up when I am so close to finishing the base. 

I understand that the reasoning behind this is server stability but I do believe I have a work around to maintain or even help with server stability and allow for more detailed and creative builds to be made.

Create a vesting period. This is a timer applied to the items placed similar to the decay timer but has a different end result. For example the vesting timer could be set to 30 days and if the item has not been edited in that time it has completed the vesting period to which then the individual items placed fuse to become one. So now instead of having to render in 5000 items when approaching someone's base it will only have to load in the one. After the base has been fused the builder can now proceed to working on their base with a fresh build limit which again will start the timer for another vesting period.

This may not be the perfect work around to help with build limit or server stability but I believe it could be a good start to coming up with something better for the community of builders on official to build amazing structures.