ASA is going to be on game pass.

Rashawn

1 hour ago, britton727742 said:

where did you hear it was coming out on thursday??

There's a guy I play overwatch with that says he worked for whatever company helps with gamepass. I have no clue whether he is lying but he said that he worked with whatever integration company before I even brought up ark before months ago. When I brought up Asa with him he went on to tell me that it has already been on gamepass and also went into a whole story about how it was not ready for release on Xbox but they expected it to be by Friday. I said all that but let's understand that this dude could be a complete liar as I only know him through overwatch. I take it with a grain of salt but like to think he's not a liar. We will see.

I have a reason to believe your overwatch friend may be lying, confused, or horribly misinformed.

Granted that ASA does require a subscription to play online, that goes for nearly all pay-to-play games on XBox. It's just a legal measure to prevent people from saying they never mentioned needing a live sub. Not saying you stated this as the basis for your belief, just saying this as a general statement, or for any who may believe otherwise.

First Reason: Rockefeller.
The most major releases -that I know of- for 11-2023 for XB are: Persona 5 Tac., CoD: MW3 (2023), and The Walking Dead... and maybe The Smurfs(?); so the roster isn't that great. Certainly not much to justify buying a Game Pass/GPU subscription. Announcing ASA in advance would almost guarantee a few thousand subs, especially since the game would be xcloud compatible. While MS has enough reasons to full-send adding ASA to XBGP, SWC has no logical reason to put it on Game Pass. ARK: SE released in 2015, and was added to XBGP in 2018. By then, the vast majority of people that wanted the game had bought it, and adding it to XBGP gave them a small cut of the sub fee profit when someone played their games even if it's just a minute or two to test the waters. Their profits would CRATER if they released ASA on XBGP day 0 (like with MS titles) since a lot of people want to play the game.

Next reason: Announcements[link]
The game isn't listed on the Game Pass list. MS announced their November lineup, and ASA isn't on it. The link only goes up to Nov. 14, but if it's not releasing on XBGP in the first half of the month, it's probably not releasing on XBGP in the second half. 

I think ASA will be released on XBGP after the hype's died down, and Snail Games is noticing almost no monthly purchases. At that point, the small trickles of sheckles from XBGP would be greater than any profit gained from raw sales. Of course, I hope that I'm wrong AF, because I already have an active GPU sub, and I'd absolutely love to not have to buy ASA to play it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

My friend's aunt's dog that I play minecraft with says the same. Thursday release confirmed. 

Does this dog play overwatch perhaps?

In all seriousness though, I stated before that he could have been lying 100% (its Thursday now so obviously). 

As far as game pass I took a screenshot of it stating exactly what it says on Xbox currently when you look up the game. I'm going under the assumption that they specifically call out gamepass or ultimate sold separately. I have never noticed that on any other game before but then again I guess I never paid attention to it. It is not in the coming soon to Xbox section either on the Xbox store so naturally I would assume Xbox game pass. I'm no mathmatrician <-- 😀 so I can't speak to what would be more lucrative for wildcard/snail to either direct 🤔 release or put on XBGP. The signs that my little 🧠 sees says XBGP but I'm just a random code in a big simulation. 

P.S - I could care less whether it's direct or xbgp , I just want to play sooner than later. I still do not like how the release was handled leading up to it but I've since calmed down. Still a little pissed 😤 that consoles only get *november* as a expected release... I'm bored watching PC gamers YouTube uploads while I make my BBQ ribs so I had time to rant.

Edited by Rashawn
  • Haha 1