Enable leveling of movement speed on a server.

Ravenoffaith

I got berated on the discord for asking there, so I'll try asking here. I have a small pve server with several friends. I was trying to figure out how to add leveling of movement speed for players and critters.

I have placed both of the following in the gameusersettings.ini and it isnt working for me. Does anyone have further suggestions?

bAllowFlyerSpeedLeveling=True
bAllowSpeedLeveling=True

i put it in game.ini and it kinda worked but i still cant actually level up the movement speed on flyers. I can level up on my Char and ground dinos but not on flyers. Sad. The

following screenshot is from a flyer it just looks like that and i cant skill it. Hope someone can help or is ist just a bug. Same for singleplayer btw

image.png?ex=654eaee6&is=653c39e6&hm=a35fb1e6ed8b7507e401cdca11f4ab252a8a2c44f31a90ea3dfe5a7cdb7d6989&

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, TeeKrieger said:

i put it in game.ini and it kinda worked but i still cant actually level up the movement speed on flyers. I can level up on my Char and ground dinos but not on flyers. Sad. The

following screenshot is from a flyer it just looks like that and i cant skill it. Hope someone can help or is ist just a bug. Same for singleplayer btw

image.png?ex=654eaee6&is=653c39e6&hm=a35fb1e6ed8b7507e401cdca11f4ab252a8a2c44f31a90ea3dfe5a7cdb7d6989&

For flyers you need to define:

bAllowFlyerSpeedLeveling

Or launch with:

-AllowFlyerSpeedLeveling

It seems Steam CMD and the ASA dedicated server tool on steam were leaving out random server files during install for a lot of people, myself included. The game.ini being one of the most common things people weren't getting. I have attached a copy of it with the flyer and player speed leveling options included. Breeding settings are also in there. Hope this helps others who come here looking for the same answers I did.

Game.ini

On 10/27/2023 at 2:58 PM, Ravenoffaith said:

I got berated on the discord for asking there, so I'll try asking here. I have a small pve server with several friends. I was trying to figure out how to add leveling of movement speed for players and critters.

I have placed both of the following in the gameusersettings.ini and it isnt working for me. Does anyone have further suggestions?

bAllowSpeedLeveling=True

The same here. Both lines in both files. Player and ground dinos work, flyers don't. Is there a workaround?

Edited by Kuhlumbus

I apologize for my silence on this, got kind of busy irl. So Scipio was 100% correct. Turns out when the server installed it did so with no game.ini . I used the one that he attached here.

On 10/30/2023 at 11:27 AM, Scipio164 said:

It seems Steam CMD and the ASA dedicated server tool on steam were leaving out random server files during install for a lot of people, myself included. The game.ini being one of the most common things people weren't getting. I have attached a copy of it with the flyer and player speed leveling options included. Breeding settings are also in there. Hope this helps others who come here looking for the same answers I did.

Game.ini 648 B · 22 downloads

After installing this and moving certain settings from gameusersettings.ini to game.ini I got most of my issues fixed. The only problem that remains is I cannot actually level flyers. But land movement, player movement and all of my breeding settings got fixed with his game.ini file, so huge thanks @Scipio164

On 11/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, Ravenoffaith said:

I apologize for my silence on this, got kind of busy irl. So Scipio was 100% correct. Turns out when the server installed it did so with no game.ini . I used the one that he attached here.

After installing this and moving certain settings from gameusersettings.ini to game.ini I got most of my issues fixed. The only problem that remains is I cannot actually level flyers. But land movement, player movement and all of my breeding settings got fixed with his game.ini file, so huge thanks @Scipio164

Same issue here for me, hosting with Nitrado, my game.ini has both:
bAllowSpeedLeveling=True

Yet, I can only level up the movement speed of ground dinos & players, not actual flyers. Hope there's a fix for this ASAP!

Pteranodon Stats:
image.png.fa4aaa894220651eb3c54221cccac6de.png

Player Stats:

image.png.0c9620473b8c0e35dc61f76c3c428e9e.png