ORP Servers

Rashawn

Suggestion

242 replies to this server topic

Sons of ARK, I am William Wallace. And I see a whole server of my fellow survivors here, in defiance of offline raiding. You have come to play as free players, and free players you are. What would you do without ORP? Will you keep grinding? Aye, keep grinding and you'll live -- until the enemy spots that you're offline. And perishing in your virtual beds many game nights from now, would you be willing to trade all the hours from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell the developers that they may wipe our progress, but they'll never take our ORP servers!!!

20 hours ago, WilliamWallace said:

I'm actually so sad now that I can't even refund it. *Spent most of the time in-game trying to connect to the server.* 
It was one of the games I bought without any hesitation, believing that the developers would really make it bigger and better. In the end, I got a very problematic and empty version of an old game. What was the need for all those unoptimised UE5 graphical adjustments, which players simply disable by INI files or console commands, gaining a huge advantage over the others in PVP? How did the new game inherit almost all the problems of the original ARK and multiply them??? Absolutely terrible work with the community, when the developers don't answer elementary questions for months... The unwillingness to add ORP servers, which the community has been asking for a long time, surprises me too. I wish the developers the strength and patience to fix at least some of the significant problems with this game. Maybe someday they'll make this game shine brightly. But for now, this game is just a waste of SSD memory.  Uninstalling.

This 100%

These are the facts, ASA, a straight port into unreal 5 with unreal 5's stunning graphical implementations doing the heavy lifting as the selling point, For Gods sake the carno's arms are still bent backwards, the problems of before still exist, many many exploits still exist. As Wallace pointed out players can essentially return asa back into ase through the console commands you really do not want to see what that looks like, if these commands need to be used in order to have reasonable frame rates and the majority of asa players will then perhaps more optimization was/is required then ask yourself what is really the point of ASA?
I can see ORP will be asked for more and more as time goes on more now than ever before for the same reasons everybody asks for it
Wildcard has developed such a unique game with limitless potential, there is no doubt in the passion these devs have for what they have created but its quite clear what ASA is
would hold off on buying this game until maybe late next year
disappointed

Edited by FalconHoof87

On 12/3/2023 at 3:28 PM, Dodowhisperer said:

lol then either you weren't paying attention, lying, allied with the culprits or completely unaware of what was going on behind the scenes with the sad no life addicts trying to control those clusters. ORP abuse was definitely happening on those clusters and in particular RMT was a driving force behind a lot of it. If you knew, you knew.  ORP should not be implemented again until Wildcard can code better ORP abuse detection/prevention and start banning people by game license copy rather than player account.  It seems that Wildcard has elected not to even bother with ORP though and that's perfectly valid.  Trust me, its better to have no ORP at all than play the same broken variant of it.

Obviously there was some issues with it, just like there are issues with the official servers with abuse and what not. No game mode is perfect and no game mode is for everyone.  But orp pvp is a good game mode for many. So dont play it, if and when they bring it out. Its as simple as that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are welcome to your opinions about Orp and some of your thoughts are valid, still this is a thread for those of us that want our Orp cluster back (warts n all), Seems you played a lot of orp yourself even though you disliked it but noone is forcing you to play on any future Orp servers, yet we are forced not to play on an Orp cluster. I bought the game again as I  presumed I would be getting new things rather than my content taken away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike585x said:

Quindi lasciatemi capire bene, praticamente state tutti chiedendo il PvE sui server PvP ? Perché non hai tempo per giocare in PvP nel modo in cui è previsto? Risparmiati seccature e stress, strappa il cerotto e vieni al lato oscuro del PvE lol. Ho sentito che l'ASA vi permette di organizzare guerre tra tribù come faceva l'ASA? C'è il tuo PvP ;)

Non lo so, forse proprio non capisco. Non sono in ASA né in PvP , quindi non so quanto sia brutto a parte tutte le storie dell'orrore coerenti.

Non sono qui per respingere la tua idea, sto solo cercando di capire (questo e continuo a ricevere notifiche per questo post anche se non lo stavo seguendo lol).

È il fatto che desideri ancora il PvP "occasionale" quando sei connesso?

Modifica: quindi sostanzialmente una via di mezzo tra PvP e PvE ?

Buon Arking!

pvp orp is not halfway between pvp and pve. question if I attack a base with no one to defend it am I doing pvp? in my opinion no, attacking an offline base is pve nothing changes from attacking a normal wild dinosaur. only when there are active players on both sides of the conflict is it pvp, a turret or a tamed dinosaur without any player to command them is pve, we want this to be authentic pvp 

• Thanks 1

ASE we got those servers, actually 2 clusters ORP, NA and EU(crossark6 and crossark5), they also hav a high pop and got capped all the time, why we can't hav those servers back? Please Dev's bring them back. 

Please if you are a player from crossark6 or 5 back in the day, consider share this undersigned https://chng.it/RpY5zgMrqT

Edited by mc58
  • Thanks 1