I keep fatal errroring when launching ark

FirstBlood

LowLevelFatalError [File:F:\build\LostIsland\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\HAL\FileManagerGeneric.cpp] [Line: 649] 
Invalid BufferCount=0 while reading ../../../ShooterGame/Content/Mods/2808736867.mod. Pos=0, Size=0, PrecacheSize=2147483647, PrecacheOffset=0

VERSION: 0.0 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff8ca19cf19) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FError::LowLevelFatal() (0x00007ff7ac137bf5) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
ShooterGame.exe!FArchiveFileReaderGeneric::InternalPrecache() (0x00007ff7ac0bdb5c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\filemanagergeneric.cpp:651]
ShooterGame.exe!FArchiveFileReaderGeneric::Serialize() (0x00007ff7ac0bdbfb) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\filemanagergeneric.cpp:688]
ShooterGame.exe!FSteamWorkshop::LoadInstalledMods() (0x00007ff7ad925df8) + 3 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemsteam\private\steamworkshop.cpp:800]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSubsystemSteam::Init() (0x00007ff7ad9101de) + 45 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemsteam\private\onlinesubsystemsteam.cpp:514]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineFactorySteam::CreateSubsystem() (0x00007ff7ad90e4b1) + 60 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemsteam\private\onlinesubsystemmodulesteam.cpp:47]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSubsystemModule::GetOnlineSubsystemAsShared() (0x00007ff7ac6e9238) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystem\private\onlinesubsystemmodule.cpp:223]
ShooterGame.exe!FSteamEOSCompositeFactory::CreateSubsystem() (0x00007ff7ad9678d2) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemsteameoscomposite\private\steameoscompositemodule.cpp:27]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSubsystemModule::GetOnlineSubsystemAsShared() (0x00007ff7ac6e9238) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystem\private\onlinesubsystemmodule.cpp:223]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSubsystemModule::GetOnlineSubsystem() (0x00007ff7ac6e8b28) + 14 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystem\private\onlinesubsystemmodule.cpp:191]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSubsystemModule::StartupModule() (0x00007ff7ac6e7f03) + 17 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystem\private\onlinesubsystemmodule.cpp:83]
ShooterGame.exe!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() (0x00007ff7ac14c563) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\modules\modulemanager.cpp:291]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::AppInit() (0x00007ff7aa11c76c) + 60 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3097]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::PreInit() (0x00007ff7aa118f35) + 5 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1134]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff7aa1161e9) + 8 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:112]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff7aa11cf4a) + 5 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff7aa11d099) + 8 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff7adcd3de1) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff8cbea7344) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff8cc5626b1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff8cc5626b1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

How do i fix this ive reinstalled 4 times and validated 3 times. What should i do?

2 hours ago, FirstBlood said:

Invalid BufferCount=0 while reading ../../../ShooterGame/Content/Mods/2808736867.mod. Pos=0, Size=0, PrecacheSize=2147483647, PrecacheOffset=0

I'd remove that mod and see if the game starts.

If this fixes the problem, you will want to unsubscribe from that mod, delete the files, and then re-subscribe again.

2 minutes ago, FirstBlood said:

already deleted the mods and everything not sure what else to do

In that case it might be that your Lost Island save file, your character on Lost Island or even your tribe file on Lost Island has become corrupted.

Do you have this problem with any other maps, or just Lost Island? For that matter, have you tried any other maps since this problem started happening?

If the problem only happens with Lost Island here's what I would do:

1) If you have reinstalled mods, disable them (don't delete them yet, just disable them in the game client).

2) Shut down ARK after disabling mods.

3) Make a backup copy of everything in the Lost Island directory.

4) Delete everything in the Lost Island directory.

5) Start ARK, try to create start a new Lost Island, creating a new character and a new tribe.

6) If Lost Island starts successfully with your new character & tribe:

* shut down ARK

* Delete the character & tribe file from your Lost Island directory

* Copy your old character into the Lost Island directory

* Start ARK and see if it works.

7) If You can play on the new copy of Lost Island:

* shut down ARK

* Copy your old Lost Island save files into the Lost Island directory

* Start ARK and see if it works

8 ) If you can play with your old files restored:

* Enable one mod

* Start ARK and see if it works

* Shut down ARK completely

* Repeat this with each mod

At some point in this process you'll either have the problem come back again, in which case you'll know what has been causing the problem, or there is a small chance that the game will work for you, which will make you scratch your head and wonder what could have possibly been wrong. I've actually had that happen to me in the past. Was having a problem that wouldn't go away, made backup copies of all my files, removed mods and uninstalled, reinstalled, then started adding my old filed back in one-at-a-time. By the time I was done with the process the game was working fine, the game had somehow "fixed itself".

Having said that, chances are you have a corrupt file somewhere and going through this process will help you figure out which file got corrupted.