Nitrado Save Server Map is full of offline bodies

3 hours ago, raxus said:

Need help with this. Is there a command that I can do to get rid of offline bodies?

Some areas have nearly 3,000 bodies and even my xbox x can't handle it.

I haven't downloaded a map to try on my server, so take this idea with a grain of salt. However, I run my own server and this is how I have cleaned up players and tribes that stopped playing on my server. I can't 100% guarantee it will work the same since you downloaded your files from an Official server, but I think it will work.

You should be able to go to the Saves directory where your map & data are stored, there should be a lot of player profiles are stored in that save directory. This is how the game knows which players have played on that map.

Example:    ../arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/TheIsland

You will, of course, need to know which file is your player profile so you don't delete it, but you should be able to delete every other player profile (and the backup profiles) in that directory. And in case this isn't obvious, you want to make sure that you have your server turned off while you're deleting those files, I have no idea what would happen if you tried to delete those files while the server is running.

Player profile example:    12345678901234567.arkprofile

12345678901234567.profilebak

Also, if you are taking ownership of the bases from other tribes, or if you're deleting the bases of other tribes, you should be able to delete all of the tribe files (again, remembering to preserve your tribe file). Just make sure you wait until after you claim or delete stuff from the other tribes before you start deleting these files, I'm not sure what would happen if you deleted a tribe file before claiming/deleting their stuff on the map.

Tribe profile example:   1234567890.arktribe

1234567890.tribebak

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

I haven't downloaded a map to try on my server, so take this idea with a grain of salt. However, I run my own server and this is how I have cleaned up players and tribes that stopped playing on my server. I can't 100% guarantee it will work the same since you downloaded your files from an Official server, but I think it will work.

You should be able to go to the Saves directory where your map & data are stored, there should be a lot of player profiles are stored in that save directory. This is how the game knows which players have played on that map.

Example:    ../arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/TheIsland

You will, of course, need to know which file is your player profile so you don't delete it, but you should be able to delete every other player profile (and the backup profiles) in that directory. And in case this isn't obvious, you want to make sure that you have your server turned off while you're deleting those files, I have no idea what would happen if you tried to delete those files while the server is running.

Player profile example:    12345678901234567.arkprofile

12345678901234567.profilebak

Also, if you are taking ownership of the bases from other tribes, or if you're deleting the bases of other tribes, you should be able to delete all of the tribe files (again, remembering to preserve your tribe file). Just make sure you wait until after you claim or delete stuff from the other tribes before you start deleting these files, I'm not sure what would happen if you deleted a tribe file before claiming/deleting their stuff on the map.

Tribe profile example:   1234567890.arktribe

1234567890.tribebak

Oh, I'm hosting nitrado xbox save server. 

4 hours ago, raxus said:

Oh, I'm hosting nitrado xbox save server. 

Understood, the suggestion should still work there.

Unless Nitrado hides the file system from you it shouldn't matter where you host the server. I've been the admin for a couple of different game servers on different hosting companies, and in my experience they give you access to the file system of the game. I'm assuming Nitrado does this too, but of course I don't know where that option would be for a Nitrado as I've never rented one of their servers.

44 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Understood, the suggestion should still work there.

Unless Nitrado hides the file system from you it shouldn't matter where you host the server. I've been the admin for a couple of different game servers on different hosting companies, and in my experience they give you access to the file system of the game. I'm assuming Nitrado does this too, but of course I don't know where that option would be for a Nitrado as I've never rented one of their servers.

I don't have access to those files at all unfortunately

7 hours ago, raxus said:

I don't have access to those files at all unfortunately

https://server.nitrado.net/en-US/guides/navigating-nitrado-server-panel

I scrolled down a bit to the section titled, "Using Your Server Panel Tools" and I see an option for "File Browser", this tells me that you almost certainly have access to the file structure for your server install.

I'm guessing you don't have experience with managing a server so some of this will be confusing at first. But in the end it will be worth your time to make yourself more familiar with managing the server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 6:39 AM, Pipinghot said:

https://server.nitrado.net/en-US/guides/navigating-nitrado-server-panel

I scrolled down a bit to the section titled, "Using Your Server Panel Tools" and I see an option for "File Browser", this tells me that you almost certainly have access to the file structure for your server install.

I'm guessing you don't have experience with managing a server so some of this will be confusing at first. But in the end it will be worth your time to make yourself more familiar with managing the server.

image.png.fabcdda2233c25f28a8279ce300ac65a.png

Unfortunately, console servers don't have that file browser. 

4 hours ago, raxus said:

Unfortunately, console servers don't have that file browser. 

Well I have to confess that surprises me. From a server-hosting point of view it shouldn't matter what platform your client is running on.

I guess the only option left is to contact Nitrado support and see what options might be available to you.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, Pipinghot said:

Well I have to confess that surprises me. From a server-hosting point of view it shouldn't matter what platform your client is running on.

I guess the only option left is to contact Nitrado support and see what options might be available to you.

ya. I was bummed that you couldn't download the save file for console.

• 4 weeks later...