Bug Fixing for Ascended TiA

LuxBellum

You've been introducing a lot of new creatures and features, but what about basics?

Do we know if we will fix the transmitter bug which after a couple transfers it stops listing actually extisting servers? And not finding the server you attempt to transfer?
Do we know if we will fix the error which stucks you onto the cloud Ark Data label and not let you move at all, not let you even cancel, etc?
Besides dynamic water so much said, and dynamic fluids, is it possible to feature dynamic blood? Cause well we're already risking the game's adult or adolescent clasification tag and taxes, then explode all of its potential, let creatures who are injuried, and die, depending on the physical violence will spill blood around?

This would be my only suggestion for ascended, fix basic bugs and do most fluids work like in real physics.

12 hours ago, LuxBellum said:

Do we know if we will fix...

The short answer is "No". They're not going to fix anything until after ASA is published, and maybe not even then.

The only thing they're definitely doing at this minute is porting ARK from UE4 to UE5, that is what they have signed a contract with Nitrado to do. Anything else, and I mean anything else, even the features and improvements they have talked about on the forums might or might not happen. Even if WC said, "Cross my heart and hope to die..." it would mean nothing, because they have a contract to do something specific and that's the only thing you can be sure they're going to do.

The only improvements that you can safely assume will happen are improvements that are automatically included when you port a game from UE4 to UE5, and that's not very many. Even most of the improvements that are possible with UE5 won't happen until later, if at all. WC is not trying to fix anything right now, they are desperately trying to meet a deadline that they have signed a contract for, anything else that you can possibly think of is either a "maybe", a "maybe later" or a "not going to happen."

Any bugs that you can think of that have been waiting for a long time to be fixed, are not going to be fixed. WC is not working on bug fixes, they are simply trying to reach the point where they can sell the "new" game to people. What will happen in the future? Well that's anyone's guess, but one thing you can be certain of is that WC will be the same company they've always been, the leadership will be the same and the culture will be the same. Are they going to put more focus on fixing bugs once they publish ASA? No, it's still going to be the same company, they're not going to change the way they do business.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

One huge fix is the move from UE4 to UE5 we should see that wildcard does not have to focus on is Meshing. The way the UE5 function is that it will remove mesh as a issue from maps as it will build and render the map and assets with nanite over wireframe mesh particles. Meshing is one of the major problems in Ark and even if they don't focus on other things this will have a huge effect on things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Grissom said:

One huge fix is the move from UE4 to UE5 we should see that wildcard does not have to focus on is Meshing. The way the UE5 function is that it will remove mesh as a issue from maps as it will build and render the map and assets with nanite over wireframe mesh particles. Meshing is one of the major problems in Ark and even if they don't focus on other things this will have a huge effect on things.

I guarantee it will still happen, and WildCard will still need to focus on it. Meshing will be improved by UE5, but it will not magically be fixed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

I guarantee it will still happen, and WildCard will still need to focus on it. Meshing will be improved by UE5, but it will not magically be fixed.

You do understand there will be nothing to Mesh into. The terrain will be built with nanite particles and not wireframe covered with textures. Right now you have things being rendered in millions of tightly packed particles with Nanite it will be billions the entire map structure is built different from the ground up.  In ASE your pushing your way through Clay. With ASA and UE5 your will be trying to push through brick. This is not some miracle genius Wildcard has performed or come up with its how the engine works.

Edited by Grissom
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 1:44 PM, Pipinghot said:

The short answer is "No". They're not going to fix anything until after ASA is published, and maybe not even then.

The only thing they're definitely doing at this minute is porting ARK from UE4 to UE5, that is what they have signed a contract with Nitrado to do. Anything else, and I mean anything else, even the features and improvements they have talked about on the forums might or might not happen. Even if WC said, "Cross my heart and hope to die..." it would mean nothing, because they have a contract to do something specific and that's the only thing you can be sure they're going to do.

The only improvements that you can safely assume will happen are improvements that are automatically included when you port a game from UE4 to UE5, and that's not very many. Even most of the improvements that are possible with UE5 won't happen until later, if at all. WC is not trying to fix anything right now, they are desperately trying to meet a deadline that they have signed a contract for, anything else that you can possibly think of is either a "maybe", a "maybe later" or a "not going to happen."

Any bugs that you can think of that have been waiting for a long time to be fixed, are not going to be fixed. WC is not working on bug fixes, they are simply trying to reach the point where they can sell the "new" game to people. What will happen in the future? Well that's anyone's guess, but one thing you can be certain of is that WC will be the same company they've always been, the leadership will be the same and the culture will be the same. Are they going to put more focus on fixing bugs once they publish ASA? No, it's still going to be the same company, they're not going to change the way they do business.

You love to speak as if you work at WC and have the inside scoop on everything theyre doing.

The studio is a joke, but no one can say for certain what the game will look like until we actually get our hands on it.

Stop passing your wild speculation off as fact. You dont know anything about the development or possible bug fixes in ASA. None of us do.

3 hours ago, Grissom said:

You do understand there will be nothing to Mesh into. The terrain will be built with nanite particles and not wireframe covered with textures. Right now you have things being rendered in millions of tightly packed particles with Nanite it will be billions the entire map structure is built different from the ground up.  In ASE your pushing your way through Clay. With ASA and UE5 your will be trying to push through brick. This is not some miracle genius Wildcard has performed or come up with its how the engine works.

Wait, so Pipinghot isn't the all knowing forum scholar they pretend to be? Huh, whatta ya know.

8 hours ago, Grissom said:

Okey doke. I guess we'll all know soon enough.

Can't help but notice you didn't reply to darkradeon, one assumes his answer was more technical than your knowledge level.

Edited by Pipinghot

On 9/23/2023 at 9:05 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

You love to speak as if you work at WC and have the inside scoop on everything theyre doing.

No, I like to speak as though I have a brain that works, rather than using pixie dust and wishful thinking.

They've already cancelled their efforts to "upgrade" the graphics, which they announced on twitter not long ago (there's a thread on these forums in which that tweet was pasted leading to a discussion about it), so we know they've stopped their work on reskinning the game. The excuse they gave was that they didn't get the level of enthusiasm from players that they had hoped for. And that was before we found out that they are deeply in debt with contractual obligation to Nitrado to release by a specific date. It isn't necessary to work at WC to put two-and-two together, nothing about this requires inside knowledge or special information, it's all pretty obvious unless someone wants to deliberately wear blinders to avoid seeing reality.

Surely you're not trying to argue that, even though WC has stopped their work on reskinning the game, they're going to spend time & money working on bug fixes.

The studio is a joke

Therefore it doesn't take much to deduce that a) they're going to under-deliver their promises and b) they're not spending time & money on bug fixes, those points are both pretty darned obvious.

They've already lied to us multiple times since this ASA fiasco began, they've cancelled their efforts to reskin many objects, they've signed a contract to release ASA by a certain date, and they've claimed that the reason the migration to UE5 is going to cost money is because it's harder than they thought it was going to be. Anyone who sees these things as something other than red flags and warning signs might as well click their heels three times and make a wish.

Stop passing your wild speculation off as fact.

Speculation, yes. "Wild" speculation, no.

It's nothing more than applying reasoning and critical thinking to the body of knowledge that we already have about WildCard and the present situation, one doesn't have to be a psychic or an insider to use their brain. If people want to look at ASA through rose colored lenses they can do that, but I'm going to look at it through the lense of realism.

I'm sure WildCard will accomplish something that I haven't given them credit for, but if you count up the number of promises that they fail vs. the number of items that they over deliver we both know the demerits will significantly outweigh the bonuses. They'll fall short more often than they leap ahead, that much anyone should be able to see.

Edited by Pipinghot

4 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Wait, so Pipinghot isn't the all knowing forum scholar they pretend to be? Huh, whatta ya know.

You get the same answer Grissom did - I notice you argued with my non-technical response but didn't argue with darkradeon's technical explanation.

You're more than welcome to display your deep technical knowledge of the topic by refuting his argument. Unless you can't, because you're not the all knowing forum scholar you're pretending to be.

Edited by Pipinghot

2 hours ago, Rebelweasel said:

Just one thing, isn't it Snail Games now, not Wildcard?

Well, it's both at the same time, since it's basically a single corporation that uses different names. If you look at how they describe themselves on Steam it looks like this:

DEVELOPER: Studio Wildcard, Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, Virtual Basement LLC
PUBLISHER: Studio Wildcard, Snail Games USA

WildCard is a wholly owned subsidiary of Snail Games so in one sense you're right, it's really Snail Games from a corporate point of view. But Snail owns multiple subsidiaries and each of those subsidiaries produces different products, so WildCard is still a separate development studio under the parent ownership of Snail.

If you really want to get a better understanding of the relationship between the two check out the wikipedia articles on the two of them, and with a little bit of web searching you can find articles by the gaming press that talk about when the merger/buyout happened.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 5:19 PM, Grissom said:

If you're being honest with yourself, you had to know this was coming...

1) https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/709919-is-there-a-way-for-me-to-go-under-the-mesh-to-retrieve-my-dodos

2) Also, youtube, "ASA mesh" (Not going to include the links here, since in no way do I want to encourage meshing, but if you need the proof of just how badly mistaken you were you can find it).

Title = Another Ark Survival Ascended Mesh Spot...

Title = How To MESH in ARK ASCENDED ASA Any Cave in 2 Sec @Survivetheark FIX This. Wildcard

Title = ARK Survival Ascended Mesh Method (Mesh Anywhere)

...and more.

So yeah, there's something to mesh into.