Some species that have never been suggested New species!

Matteu

Suggestion

here are all the cool species i found that have never been used before on the creature votes. i thought about using these guys but ended up settling on other animals to submit myself, but i do think someone else could probably make some really good abilities for these animals. due to maximum file size ill be commenting the others. If anyone else has some cool creatures feel free to send those and to use any of these.

Update: Due to all of the attention this is getting i have decided to keep adding more species when i find them. when i get bored i start looking through a group of animals and looking for creatures i want to submit myself and just to learn about new animals. so to be as unbiased as possible i will upload any animals i find that meet 2 criteria. 1 it has to be different from any animals we already have in the game or that have been in the top 2 pages so far,  like alcovasaurus which has way longer tail spikes than any other stegosaur. it would be futile to send 10 unkown species of big cat even though there have been plenty of big cats suggested already. and 2 there has to be something special about it otherwise i could send every extinct rodent species and that wouldnt really be interesting. like visually or behaviourally

Update 2: 3k views wow tnx everyone for your participation especially the other people submitting animals here. From now on I will send creatures that have been uploaded before but didn't get more than 10 votes and don't have any art yet. Or more votes if they haven't been used in a long time like half a year for example.

plesiosiro.png.e894308e53a64d12df2459fc717ffb51.png

plesiosiro

Edited by Matteu

I dont understand how chasmosaurus and titanoceratops made it in the top 10 whilst looking very similar to triceratops, while most of these have never been used before and a couple barely received any attention

Regaliceratops

Regaliceratops peterhewsi | DinoData

mercuriceratops

Mercuriceratops - Wikipedia

Albertaceratops

Albertaceratops - Wikipedia

Machairoceratops

Machairoceratops, the “bent sword” wielding dinosaur | Earth Archives

Wendiceratops

Wendiceratops: New Genus and Species of Horned Dinosaur Discovered in  Canada | Sci.News

Furcatoceratops

Furcatoceratops by cisiopurple on DeviantArt

spinops

Spinops sternbergorum : DinoChecker Dinosaur Gallery

Einiosaurus i was so suprised that this one has only been suggested once, i remember it from dinosaur planet

Amazon.com: Posterazzi Einiosaurus procurvicornis a prehistoric era  dinosaur from the Upper Cretaceous period Poster Print, (17 x 11): Posters  & Prints

Edited by Matteu

What I think is a better idea is species zones, or areas of the map where different species spawn despite being the same biome.

For example, I had an OLD OLD post discussing different species of shark(Or creatures that could fill a similar role) in different sections of The Island's oceans. Megalodon being made bigger and added to the depths, Ptychodus for the Southern section, Metriorhynchus to the West, Xiphactinus or Acrophyseter for the Arctic ocean, Edestus around Carno Island, Alopias (grandis) to the East with Plesiosuchus in an around the swamp delta over there, and Helicoprion around Herbi Island. 

More recently I came up with the idea to turn that large island in the southwest of Lost Island into a strange land filled with creatures of both strange shape and confusing size, like Palaeoloxodon falconeri, Cygnus falconeri, Yacarerani, Suminia, Paleopropithecus, Megaladapis, Archaeoindris, Archeolemur, Archicebus, Drepanosaurus, Epidexipteryx, Icarosaurus, Josephoartigasia, and Magyarosaurus. 

Of course, ideas like this take a TON of work, but I think more differentiation between different zones of maps that generally contain the same creatures would go a long way towards improving not only creature variety, but also make players think more about where on the map they want to start to be closer to the creatures they want (At least until they get fliers lol).

• Like 1

Now I want the ark devs to make a full map based on island gigantism and dwarfism. Your idea sounds a little to cool. a map with small elephants giant lemurs and other weird animals would be amazing. Also in terms of megalodon I think it needs to be made 20% bigger and used as a underwater rex instead of a carno. This would open up the medium fast shark niche. Because currently megalodon is very underwhelming.

Also do you mind if I include the species that you named that aren't in this thread yet.

3 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

What I think is a better idea is species zones, or areas of the map where different species spawn despite being the same biome.

For example, I had an OLD OLD post discussing different species of shark(Or creatures that could fill a similar role) in different sections of The Island's oceans. Megalodon being made bigger and added to the depths, Ptychodus for the Southern section, Metriorhynchus to the West, Xiphactinus or Acrophyseter for the Arctic ocean, Edestus around Carno Island, Alopias (grandis) to the East with Plesiosuchus in an around the swamp delta over there, and Helicoprion around Herbi Island. 

More recently I came up with the idea to turn that large island in the southwest of Lost Island into a strange land filled with creatures of both strange shape and confusing size, like Palaeoloxodon falconeri, Cygnus falconeri, Yacarerani, Suminia, Paleopropithecus, Megaladapis, Archaeoindris, Archeolemur, Archicebus, Drepanosaurus, Epidexipteryx, Icarosaurus, Josephoartigasia, and Magyarosaurus. 

Of course, ideas like this take a TON of work, but I think more differentiation between different zones of maps that generally contain the same creatures would go a long way towards improving not only creature variety, but also make players think more about where on the map they want to start to be closer to the creatures they want (At least until they get fliers lol).

Edited by Matteu

8 hours ago, Matteu said:

Now I want the ark devs to make a full map based on island gigantism and dwarfism. Your idea sounds a little to cool. a map with small elephants giant lemurs and other weird animals would be amazing. Also in terms of megalodon I think it needs to be made 20% bigger and used as a underwater rex instead of a carno. This would open up the medium fast shark niche. Because currently megalodon is very underwhelming.

Also do you mind if I include the species that you named that aren't in this thread yet.

Yes! The megs are way too small. In real life they were like 75 to 100 feet long, and in ark they're like 25. they could really use an update.  And also, on the note of Carno, Does anyone else think they need a roar ability, and need to be way faster? In other games and real life they could run like 30 miles per hour! Also, do you guys have any other ideas of some map ideas you think would be cool for ASA or Ark 2?

Another thing is that not all creatures have to have a whole roster of abilities or differences, sometimes just being different and helpful is enough.

I think having "hallmark" species of sorts for each map would help make each one feel unique. Take Ceratopsians for example, there's tons of cool and interesting looking ones, so lets roll with those for now. 

Just to be fair, every map that already has Trikes and Pachyrhinos will keep them. 

But then each map would get their own variation of those creatures as well.

The Island- Torosaurus (This is usually a little dubious, but its fairly popular and most people know it, great for an Island exclusive)

Scorched Earth- Udanoceratops (Unique, markedly different from other Ceratopsians)

Aberration- Chasmosaurus (Was pretty popular in the Ab creature vote and would fit well if given bioluminescence) 

Extinction- Nasutoceratops (In either the Wastes or Desert biome, using their horns to punt smaller threats away)

Genesis P1- Kosmoceratops (In the Bog), though with this map you could probably get crazy with it and add one for each biome as well (Excluding space, which has the Tek Trike). If that were the case: Koreaceratops (Ocean), Diabloceratops (Volcano), and something more Rhino-like for the Arctic. 

Genesis P2: Medusaceratops (Could be in the Garden, with powers much like its namesake to help protect it from the many threats)

The Center: Zuniceratops (Smaller, much better suited to the insular nature of the Center)

Ragnarok: Pentaceratops (A very loud and proud island deserves an equally fitting Ceratopsian)

Valguero: Einiosaurus (An herbivore to rival the Deinonychus, capable of its own type of pinning thanks to its downward curving nose horn)

Crystal Isles: Regaliceratops (Weird and wonderful, just like this map)

Lost Island: Styracosaurus (Would fit in well with the jungles and swamps this map offers) and Centrosaurus (Creating large herds across the vast plains)

Fjordur: Titanoceratops (A popular creature from the initial Fjordur creature vote). This is again another map that could warrant a variant for each zone, in which case Titanoceratops for Midgard, Sinoceratops for Vanaheim, and Navajoceratops for Asgard (Again, probably a rhino for Jotunheim).

Now again, ideas like this VASTLY increase the scope of the game, its development time, and this is just for one type of creature, so imagine trying to do this for multiple types of creatures, but you get the idea. The coexisting diversity and uniformity would not only create more unique maps and fresh new experiences, but also keep players from being jarred every time they start up a new map and see a new creature, as it isn't some crazy new lava lizard or fish lion, but something similar yet different to what they've encountered before. 

• Thanks 1

well actually most of these could just re use trike and pachyrhino models just like atlas did, and a lot of skins do so i think it would be possible. 

2 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Another thing is that not all creatures have to have a whole roster of abilities or differences, sometimes just being different and helpful is enough.

I think having "hallmark" species of sorts for each map would help make each one feel unique. Take Ceratopsians for example, there's tons of cool and interesting looking ones, so lets roll with those for now. 

Just to be fair, every map that already has Trikes and Pachyrhinos will keep them. 

But then each map would get their own variation of those creatures as well.

The Island- Torosaurus (This is usually a little dubious, but its fairly popular and most people know it, great for an Island exclusive)

Scorched Earth- Udanoceratops (Unique, markedly different from other Ceratopsians)

Aberration- Chasmosaurus (Was pretty popular in the Ab creature vote and would fit well if given bioluminescence) 

Extinction- Nasutoceratops (In either the Wastes or Desert biome, using their horns to punt smaller threats away)

Genesis P1- Kosmoceratops (In the Bog), though with this map you could probably get crazy with it and add one for each biome as well (Excluding space, which has the Tek Trike). If that were the case: Koreaceratops (Ocean), Diabloceratops (Volcano), and something more Rhino-like for the Arctic. 

Genesis P2: Medusaceratops (Could be in the Garden, with powers much like its namesake to help protect it from the many threats)

The Center: Zuniceratops (Smaller, much better suited to the insular nature of the Center)

Ragnarok: Pentaceratops (A very loud and proud island deserves an equally fitting Ceratopsian)

Valguero: Einiosaurus (An herbivore to rival the Deinonychus, capable of its own type of pinning thanks to its downward curving nose horn)

Crystal Isles: Regaliceratops (Weird and wonderful, just like this map)

Lost Island: Styracosaurus (Would fit in well with the jungles and swamps this map offers) and Centrosaurus (Creating large herds across the vast plains)

Fjordur: Titanoceratops (A popular creature from the initial Fjordur creature vote). This is again another map that could warrant a variant for each zone, in which case Titanoceratops for Midgard, Sinoceratops for Vanaheim, and Navajoceratops for Asgard (Again, probably a rhino for Jotunheim).

Now again, ideas like this VASTLY increase the scope of the game, its development time, and this is just for one type of creature, so imagine trying to do this for multiple types of creatures, but you get the idea. The coexisting diversity and uniformity would not only create more unique maps and fresh new experiences, but also keep players from being jarred every time they start up a new map and see a new creature, as it isn't some crazy new lava lizard or fish lion, but something similar yet different to what they've encountered before. 

• Like 1