Miracinonyx, The Hazard-Deploying Speed Demon

12 minutes ago, Shockal said:

Puede que lo haya eliminado de Aberration, pero no estoy de humor para eliminarlo dos veces. Soy consciente de que a algunas personas no les gusta, pero a otras sí. Se va a quedar esta vez.

I really like miracinonyx, in fact, miracinonyx is one of the creatures I've seen that I like the most but not because of the center, I would really like to see miracinonyx sometime in Ark. You could publish it for lost or fjordur, as well as valguero and gen2.

I don't think this will fit on the center only because we don't know what the ark devs will do with the creature. Its more likely it'll just be a fast mount with maybe one bonus ability and that won't fit with the jungles of The Center. We have to remember that it just the species we're voting on. None of the abilities that in the post are promised. Honestly the creature is so flesh out I think it should just be a mod at this point.

Glad you're keeping it in - I'm sure there's other people like me who have no interest in aquatic submissions, as Arks underwater gameplay is meh (and adding one more creature to it won't change that). Would be nice for us to keep at least one land based creature in the top 10 (I'd say land or air based, but I'm fed up with pterosaurs). I suspect it won't win as people are dead set on a water creature for the center, aka it'll get slapped by the ranked vote system (but in that case I look forward to seeing it back for at least Valguero).

Love the overall look/art. My only criticism of the design is the tek armor - I'm not fully sold on the arm attachments. It takes a nice very sleek, lithe creature and makes it look rather bulky/unbalanced (looks like it would hinder the creatures speed if anything). I feel like the more streamlined/falcon/jetpack type or armor would be more fitting for a 'speed demon'. I'd prefer see something that wouldn't hamper its movement as much (maybe metal plates/claw extensions on the front legs). The visor is adorable though - I do love that idea!

Edit: Something along these lines maybe? I'm sure you can do a far better job as I'm worthless at drawing tek armor. Not sure if you're on speaking terms with the giant cheetah team, but I do think their speed-kitty tek armor design was on point. 😅miracinonyx2.png.aac96bf436c39fa7fe274e257f0d5ef1.png

Edited by Kaiarra

1 hour ago, Kaiarra said:

My only criticism of the design is the tek armor - I'm not fully sold on the arm attachments. It takes a nice very sleek, lithe creature and makes it look rather bulky/unbalanced (looks like it would hinder the creatures speed if anything). I feel like the more streamlined/falcon/jetpack type or armor would be more fitting for a 'speed demon'.

Note taken

48 minutes ago, RebelKevin94 said:

last time I checked cats don’t like water

I mean which cat? A cheetah specifically not so much, but big cats that frequently deal with(or hunt in) rivers/water have no such problem. The florida puma, tiger, fishing cat and jaguar all like water well enough (plenty of videos/photos of a tiger/jaguar swimming or even underwater). If we're talking domestic cats, bengals/turkish vans are both known to swim/like water.

Not wanting it on map with a tonne of water is fine, but that part is such a weird nitpick.

Edited by Kaiarra

On 8/6/2023 at 8:27 PM, AtlasTheGuardian said:

Oh man. I really love this one and it will probably only be my number 2 pick for this map, but I am going all in on it for Valgeuro if it doesn't win here.

Don’t you think the center would be better for a sea creature though? The miracinonyx is really cool and I’ll vote for it on another map just not one that deserves a sea creature

On 8/8/2023 at 7:13 PM, Kaiarra said:

Glad you're keeping it in - I'm sure there's other people like me who have no interest in aquatic submissions, as Arks underwater gameplay is meh (and adding one more creature to it won't change that). Would be nice for us to keep at least one land based creature in the top 10 (I'd say land or air based, but I'm fed up with pterosaurs). I suspect it won't win as people are dead set on a water creature for the center, aka it'll get slapped by the ranked vote system (but in that case I look forward to seeing it back for at least Valguero).

Love the overall look/art. My only criticism of the design is the tek armor - I'm not fully sold on the arm attachments. It takes a nice very sleek, lithe creature and makes it look rather bulky/unbalanced (looks like it would hinder the creatures speed if anything). I feel like the more streamlined/falcon/jetpack type or armor would be more fitting for a 'speed demon'. I'd prefer see something that wouldn't hamper its movement as much (maybe metal plates/claw extensions on the front legs). The visor is adorable though - I do love that idea!

Edit: Something along these lines maybe? I'm sure you can do a far better job as I'm worthless at drawing tek armor. Not sure if you're on speaking terms with the giant cheetah team, but I do think their speed-kitty tek armor design was on point. 😅miracinonyx2.png.aac96bf436c39fa7fe274e257f0d5ef1.png

The tek saddle for the Giant Cheetah was designed to invoke a falcon and keep a stream-lined look. I am glad another person though a cheetah should have a falcon-esque saddle to keep the "speed " appearance. 

• Like 1