Livyatan: The giant Torpor inducing, meat-mincing Sperm Whale (UPDATED)

Cgdino

Suggestion

*I've recently update the dossier and concept art for my creature suggestion (the Livyatan) because when I first posted I used the Livyatan concept art made by Garuga123, the creatuor of the amazing ARK: Additions mod. I had forgotten that it counts as copyright and have deleted it and made my own art for the Livyatan (which I actually enjoyed more because now I could design  it to look however I wanted). I apologize to Garuga and video production assistant/ youtuber UpfromtheDepths who made me aware of this issue. 

0?ui=2&ik=d647a03a74&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r-7330906223302148302&th=189c69cad55bf139&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8ifLB2s0x0krdO79fxtk52trzPCeEfbQBA6MxzEwJ6HHokDZhmKns7IJSRCD3sD2theiJjrVXlZsc4IiN4m2vYDWUUM2eR2y-UOnXpsmbnBd3pHSbq_3ZLV14&disp=emb&realattid=189c69c9234872db15d2

Livyatan Concept Art made  by me

Info

Species: Livyatan melvillei

Time: Miocene

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

Tamable: Yes

Rideable: Yes 

Breedable: Unknown

Taming Method: Passive

Preferred Food: Moby sausage Delight

0?ui=2&ik=d647a03a74&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-a:r-7330906223302148302&th=189c69cad55bf139&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9bl481nSxezxN_Dzr3Rwod7_4dKuvnmdQmmXiozNQj6w3NADy2AcPTccQaMe66lm3lV9iPczvhWH5U5Uug1nNxmnNA6VEiuxaLOVwX7X88ZB4knzXieVMOCXk&disp=emb&realattid=189c69c81627c3977521
Dossier Concept made by me

Wild:

Livyatan is a giant relative of the sperm whale. It rarely spawns in very deep waters on The Center map. It’s extremely aggressive and will attack survivors and their tames on sight. Livyatan will also attack other oceanic creatures, most notably Ammonites and Tusoteuthis. Livyatan is also not affected by Tusoteuthis ink or jellyfish stings and wild creatures will not attack it after it kills an ammonite. They have several attacks including a basic bite, a head ram, a tail flick, and a breech. 

Taming

Livyatan can be tamed but not via tranquilizers. In fact, its blubber is so thick that it’s immune to torpor. Livyatan can be tamed via a new item called Moby sausage Delight (temporary name) which you can craft at level 90. This item is unique because it’s so large that when you place it (in the water because it will be destroyed out of water), it's bigger than the player. Livyatans love this treat and will eat it and while they eat their taming percentage will go up. Once the whale hits 100% it will be tamed and the cake will be destroyed. But while Livyatan eats it will attract animals to come and try to attack it, this is due to the large amount of ammonite bile in the cake. Survivors must protect it while it is eating or the taming will reset.

NXAgLq5NUhv_EU9PZN7b9mGNG8Slx3SrlmnoCHB7uGaZfjbMf6C3wZVaCXqMnQB79cT8tH-najU75e2WfeCyCaXs_K5VcU7soRpA5yH32EcyFyB2m5euUMqILK5oYUPBtfi_Sm_Hmb_xsI-ZsOsn6Hw

Moby sausage Delight Recipe

t3vCGHYhPcBFXDvtXnvTPpBIDYtMUD6E1RavA-BNITfn4QvLwJC3TEJ9RLHlK6BIFHy4xdCSOshonvAvWhdNtNMrtDrEVAACHJQvqZTF9hAIlLQe0f6VmlLzIeYT19sOJIgwtR1Dqk7MZSEzfJWjMow

Livyatan Taming Process Concept (created by me)

Once Tamed

Livyatan can be settled at level 98. It has several attacks and abilities. Similar to its wild state, Livyatan isn’t affected by ammonite ink, tuso ink, jellyfish stings or eel electricity. It’s also worth noting that Livyatan will need to go up to the surface every once in a while to breathe after it’s been tamed. The attacks are the following:

Bite

Activated by pressing Left Click. This is a basic attack that deals high damage. When harvesting corpses, Livyatan can gather a large amount of raw meat, raw prime meat, raw fish meat, and raw prime fish meat. 

97hkmAUiiNREtiThaU5VAthgRo9xCbHiKwbnIdflmom-e1wBPo_rcf5daFvw0mRLfRO8OmPe_WH2-EnWfvjrolircVPgoa1JehjHNfZ_Iuqapnkr3ljJkbQotLTriHc6P0k0RNmrhDTHLL-UXWaz_G8

Bite Attack concept

Head Ram:

Activated by pressing Right Click. This attack deals medium damage and high torpor to almost anything it hits.

9qx_XCpsEQ4IFXaadAAmiypsOL-ZB5jYN6mmJ_gn7rm-qzySCRM9LkVOvmZQCa4vJ76IWnHOXi6tcHHesIDoOeKSrv0BBCAnCk9P1W-flcH6DlDNot6v4XnLhOXDS76olJpnAemIsi0wuhDW2ErXqqg

Head Ram Attack Concept

Tail Flick

Activated by pressing C. This attack deals low damage and high knockback.

rOL9rWeZ-78dVPbTo9oGWLeeiku44lk3fK0ZIExbG8FLd66CJDf-UrdfnOksu3F6P4ExiGHqbQaAftjq1kL4lJij8LVomDQSL_lDEtGrJd-xY88ekkbHW_4_BV9zLaLszwcS4EViMOT9Q6o7stjwd74

Tail Flick Attack Concept

Breech

Activated by pressing X. Allows your Livyatan to thrust forward out of water and grab a creature whether it be above the water, on top of the water or under the water on your way up.

AYz_nAWL1TzrxHlYik8ZXiNMdDdg_Xpdn4MqBNDJI9biIEaR3WHBFk1iKekoNlT9dkRJlKRWw5IKV2esBScpHJMATPPNV819ebW5vNvw6b8scBm4coIPpfxuKgb6dPx0zkKZ6YPplUzG7CGCroboT38

Breech Ability Concept

Echolocation

Activated by Pressing Ctrl. Sends out a soundwave that lets the survivor know where nearby creatures are even in the darkest of waters. This ability is similar to Desmodus. This ability may also help you find hidden caves and supply crates.

vfLNcEN3UmAUAMhN7KiZis-IBaJ872pHhduHMtMA_v1L0y90ccCn7Hw61r2C4-5NiL3Z7lloUR_AVekg32YvJT1HPcnWyVkMjwcbftVF7VsqaIAuCqgPv8iRzBSG0lGsm0kY8sI8X3Cuod-96Z_f8hc

Echolocation Ability Concept

YmKf9_6b5MpcwWFBCo9ofwp3R03y9HHn34FsBuLS8Dq5lk5tC1tPrrNJxVmduW4ULmD4aj_top0O3iEt35e6GpFmF91qCTOyO06MAJeVbOIT1uCem2S_fk0eM-SZkjJhv5oaWUPSUSkYWCcZELZ6Nbo

Edited by Cgdino
Dossier Update/ Apology

15 replies to this server topic

I don't know why Wildcard removed thread merging from these contests (although I suspect it had something to do with the Chimerarachne hissy fit last time) but Livyatan would be doing much better right now if there weren't three separate entries for it. You guys all really need to see if you can get all your entries merged in my opinion:

Here is my idea

Saddle: Fortress saddle (also a walk-in saddle)

It is like a giant Andrewsarchus saddle that can fire cannons or torpedoes. The saddle has a passenger seat and ample space for tribe mates to set up their working area (smithy, chemistry bench, storage etc.). It acts like a small base, providing a comfortable underwater base for sirvivors.  

Here are the pictures of how the fortress saddle looks like, inspired by the Yu-Gi-Oh card, fortress whale.

FortressWhale_1.jpg.dc3b55d528aa82057c140d3e81d5fd63.jpgFortressWhale_2.jpg.6a66a506a12c9df4de760e8193994032.jpg

The player in the main seat:

Left click: basic bite attack

Right click: Tail smack, the whale swings its tail, dealing torpor to the target it hit. It’s like an underwater Equus that helps survivors to knock out creatures they want to tame.

C: Echolocation, unlike Desmodus, Livyatan can detect wild creatures, tames, and tribe mates, along with their levels nearby. When you press C, it will pop up a panel listing all the wild creatures/ tames/ tribe mates and their levels in the vicinity. Player can click the “find” button on the panel to easily find (by an arrow pops up in the game) the creature the player wishes to tame or find.

The picture below indicates how echolocation works on Livyatan, which is inspired by the mod “dino tracker”.

Ecolocation.jpg.bb9fbbc17948566426143c04a9400fa3.jpg

The person in the passenger seat:

Left click: fires torpedoes which can hit underwater targets.

Right click: fires cannons which can hit land targets

• Thanks 1

The Submarin Saddle!!

It is supposed to be a walk in saddle, a indoor submarine saddle as a little base an armory. the biggest saddle ever in the ARK history!!

And he have also a periscope in it!!

the ideas from ThatWAFFLEGuy49

My suggestion for the saddle is, as explained above, a metal saddle that encloses the riders (which can hold a similar number of players to a diplo) and provides them with oxygen, allows for missiles to be fired out of the top and into the air to hit targets on land that are targeted via an aiming system that uses the RTS system to click where the missile (which would Rocket Propelled Grenades for normal ammo or Rocket Homing Missiles if the rider just wants to set the target and forget it for continuous firing on that one particular spot). It could also have a second saddle which would be cheaper to create, but wouldn't provide oxygen to riders and would resemble a simple wooden ship on the back of the Livyatan with cannons along the sides for whale defense (just as Davy Jones intended). It would also gain a defensive buff if it is fed a Megacheleon shell fragment, an speed buff if fed a megalodon tooth, or can be enraged into an attack buff if fed a tuso tentacle.

My personal suggestion for taming a Livyatan is to use harpoon guns and tranq spear bolts to lower the "rage" meter while it's trying to run away, then feeding by hand once it's been soothed (via similar minigame to the Equus, where the survivor holds onto one of its fins while it's thrashing about until it can be fed to increase the taming percentage), then working together with it to either kill whatever prey it is currently hunting (like an Amargasaurus, but easier, as there will be a prompt revealing what the Livyatan is craving at that moment) or, if you're lucky enough to have the organs it wants specifically (Megacheleon shell fragments, megalodon teeth, or Tuso tentacles) on hand, you can feed it the organs by hand for a little bit of an increased taming speed instead of hunting down the prey and killing it. Knocking it out results in the Livyatan drowning, as it still has to breach the surface at some point to refill its lungs, although it can hold its breath for an incredibly long amount of time.

or a other saddle idea:

Rainboy from the Fjördur Submission!!

so it will be similar to the astrocetus but underwater, and its saddle will be basicly the top of a submarine. and instead of manned turret it has homing or normal torpedo(kinda like the rocker launcher ammo where it has homing and non homing.) and instead of the bombing ability it will have cruise missile. by using this ability to either will use it like the cruise missile we have in the game rn( you have to control it yourself) or it you can set a location for it to hit. and player will not drain oxygen when riding it. to balance it out. to use the cruise missiles. every shot will cost tuso tenticle(s). (similar to how magamasaur need metal ingot and astrocetus needs ambergris. ) and it is weak to mosasaurus and is very slow. and then saddle will have a enclosed prebuild room that is water free. kinda like a mixture between a platform saddle and a underwater vacuum compartment. where it will just be a empty room and you can build in it. 

image (3)-min.png

The Submarin Saddle!!

It is supposed to be a walk in saddle, a indoor submarine saddle as a little base an armory. the biggest saddle ever in the ARK history!!

And he have also a periscope in it!!

U-Boot Typ VII C, Revell 1:72 von Frank Dargies

U-Boot Tour Hurghada | Ausflüge Hurghada günstig online buchen

Die U-Boot-Revolution: Lithium-Ionen-Batteriesystem für mehr Leistung

KapitanKibiro02 ideas from the Fjördur Submission!!

Wild: This Beast is quite slow and lumbering at first, simply swimming about rather absentmindedly all throughout the sea. Seemingly aware of it's status as "The Biggest and Baddest thing in any body of water", until either a starving Mosa or Gutsy Tuso provokes it. Then it quickly goes on the offensive. Also like it's more modern relative the "Sperm Whale" it has incredibly versatile and effective Sonar Capabilities, however due to Livyatan's massive size and almost frighteningly somehow higher  intelligence, it appears to have been able to weaponize it's Sonar Capabilities, giving it a highly stunning projectile, to smaller creatures (like say, a survivor looking to tame it) this may deal severe, lethal damage. But to something as big as a Mosasaur it's much more effective as a stun option, allowing Livyatan all the time in the world to swim up to it's newfound prey and bite a massive chunk out of it.

Tamed: Despite it reacting to most land creatures with more curiosity than aggression, Livyatan's ability to kill a Survivor without even needing to touch it means it's safe to say that taming a creature this absolutely massive and powerful is no easy task. However once tamed this becomes an incredibly reliable companion and mobile fortress. It's Saddle being able to be built upon whilst also allowing submersive capabilities. I've seen warring tribes pit Livyatan against each other in an "epic sea battle" for rich underwater resources. Also as a way to easily destroy enemy ocean platforms, Livyatan is able to use a very very short quick burst of speed and use it's massive head as a battering ram. needless to say, if I were a pirate or someone who lived for the open seas, you could do absolutely no better than this Lethal Leviathan.In all seriousness having a creature that's meant to be like an actual massive slow ship that kinda goes at it's own momentum. Instead of just "an underwater rex" like the majority of what's in the ocean feels like. there's no variety in the oceans except for the Tuso because it has unique attacks and abilities and the Megachelon because you can permanently breath and build a base on it's back, but there's not enough space or build limit to make it into a proper "Armored Sub" and not to mention it's attacks are pathetic. having the Livyatan fill the role of  a fusion of a Nuclear Sub and a Gangplank Galleon or something, as well as just naturally having good stats would completely revitalize Ocean Combat and make it much more diverse and fun for a lot of players, and would also double as a way to actively (and fairly) attack players on Ocean Platforms as well.

IskOsc ideas from the Fjördur Submission!!

"Wild: Livyatan Oceanusrex is the largest and most powerful aquatic animal I've ever seen on the ARK, even slightly beating the leedsichthys in sheer size and power! Because of this, they're the absolute top predator in the ocean, hunting everything from plesiosaurs to mosasaurs to even tusotuthis, which happens to be their favorite food! There's a reason they're called the King of The Ocean! Like any whale, these creatures have echolocation abilities, however livyatans use their extremely loud sounds not only as a way to navigate and communicate, but also as a stunning and deafening area attack, which it primarily uses to stop incomming attacks and creatures attempting to flee, so escaping it won't work either! Domesticated: Although tough to do, it is indeed possible to gain the trust of a livyatan. If you do manage to, then you have one of the strongest mounts possible! Not only is it strong, but it can use its echolocation as both a way to scan the area for nearby hostiles and as a supersonic attack, stunning and weakening creatures nearby. Being the natural predator of the tusotuthis, it's evolved to do especially well against them, killing them easier than almost any other creature."

General description: As mentioned in the dossier, the livyatan is the new strongest water creature in ark, being strong enough to take down anything in its path in a fair 1v1. It's basically the giga of the ocean, having the same spawn rate and stuff, perhaps having a bit lower stats but making up for it with more stamina and its echolocation, which it uses both like a parasaur does and as a sonic blast that stuns, deals damage to and weakens nearby creatures. Being the king of the ocean, it will attack absolutely anything that's not either smaller than a basilosaurus or an alpha named alpha tusotuthis. Yes, they will fight and stand their ground, even sometimes killing wild alpha tusotuthis.

Abilities: 
lmb: Bite - A basic bite, its main way to kill.
rmb: Sonic Blast - The livyatan lets out a huge sound blast, stunning any enemy creatures as well as dealing damage and increasing the amount of damage they take for a short while.
c; Sonar - Like the parasaurs.
Turret Mode: The same as the parasaur. You can change it to other tribes/attacking creatures only, and in doing so will also change the manual sonar to do the same.
Passive: Squid hunter - Livyatan deals more damage to tusotuthis and their alpha variant, as well as taking reduced damage from them and being unable to be blinded by their ink.

Riesenkalmar: Wie gefährlich ist der Riesen-Tintenfisch? | Galileo

(Credits to the image from a Steam community post https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=570562747, this dossier was made by the_british_kiwi)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

14 hours ago, UpFromTheDepths said:

Not sure who gave you permission to use Garuga123's Livyatan art for your submission, but I know it definitely wasn't him

Speaking of Gaurga123 and Livyatan do you know if the fundraiser for the livyatan reached its goal? I saw a video about it but I never heard anything since then.

Hell, if I knew the creature vote was happening already, I would've put in my submission for Livyatan! Though I'll still post my spin on the creature here, and you could even use the art if you wish (it's mine, there's no copyright)

Livyatan.png.347a9976cadc5a1bfe7b0ed6c7065df9.png

Livyatan Melvillei

Spawn regions
Any region where Megalodon Spawns (though has a lower chance to spawn)
Spawns in pods of two to four
Higher chance to spawn in colder waters
Color regions
Primary(top) Various Dark Blues (Dark Blue, Navy Blue), Black
Secondary(bottom) Light blue-grey
Incredibly rare color variant : Completely White (Moby sausage reference)
*All Livyatan Alphas are completely white as well
Abilities & Temperament
Short-Tempered (passive until attacked)
*Aggressive if Calves are present
Squid Nemesis : 100% more damage towards Cephalopods (Tusos & Ammonites)
Thick Blubber : Immune to electric shocks + 20% damage resistance
Air Share : Provides Rider with oxygen (while draining the Livyatan's oxygen)
Temperature Tank : Resistant to high and low temperatures (makes rider resistant too)
Attacks
 M1 : Bite
M2 : Tail Slap (Slows down and knocks back creatures) (cannot be spammed)
Crouch : Echolocate (Highlights Creatures in an area for 15s with 25s cooldown)
X : Bubble Net (Creates a bubble column that stuns and forces creatures in the water upward)
Downsides
Is a sea creature with an oxygen stat (though a high oxygen stat)
Low Damage (not abyssmal, just not good)
Taming Method relies on either finding a Tuso or sacrificing one
Taming Method
 Prove Your Might!
This Method involves you fighting the Livyatan of your choice until it's at 40% health (or lower), then you must ride the Livyatan and go on a hunting trip with it
This hunting trip involves you using the Livyatan's  abilities to hunt down various sea creatures (you could sacrifice tames to do this)
This hunting trip will always end in hunting down a Tusoteuthis
 Drops
Prime meat, meat, Livyatan Blubber (replacement for Basilo Blubber), oil 
Saddle

Basic Saddle (Hide, Metal, Fiber, cementing paste)
Advanced Saddle (Polymer, Metal, Cementing Paste, Electronics)
*Advanced Saddle has increased armor + buffs echolocation ability by increasing range and decreasing cooldown (to 20s)

8 hours ago, Walfeder said:

Here is my idea

Saddle: Fortress saddle (also a walk-in saddle)

It is like a giant Andrewsarchus saddle that can fire cannons or torpedoes. The saddle has a passenger seat and ample space for tribe mates to set up their working area (smithy, chemistry bench, storage etc.). It acts like a small base, providing a comfortable underwater base for sirvivors.  

Here are the pictures of how the fortress saddle looks like, inspired by the Yu-Gi-Oh card, fortress whale.

FortressWhale_1.jpg.dc3b55d528aa82057c140d3e81d5fd63.jpgFortressWhale_2.jpg.6a66a506a12c9df4de760e8193994032.jpg

The player in the main seat:

Left click: basic bite attack

Right click: Tail smack, the whale swings its tail, dealing torpor to the target it hit. It’s like an underwater Equus that helps survivors to knock out creatures they want to tame.

C: Echolocation, unlike Desmodus, Livyatan can detect wild creatures, tames, and tribe mates, along with their levels nearby. When you press C, it will pop up a panel listing all the wild creatures/ tames/ tribe mates and their levels in the vicinity. Player can click the “find” button on the panel to easily find (by an arrow pops up in the game) the creature the player wishes to tame or find.

The picture below indicates how echolocation works on Livyatan, which is inspired by the mod “dino tracker”.

Ecolocation.jpg.bb9fbbc17948566426143c04a9400fa3.jpg

The person in the passenger seat:

Left click: fires torpedoes which can hit underwater targets.

Right click: fires cannons which can hit land targets

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲 you son of a bitch! I'm in! 😂🤣😂🤣

Edited by Hellix

Wild:

Livyatan may, at first, seem like a creature you’d want to avoid at all costs, but it seems that the smaller you are, the less interested it is. Wild members have only been seen attacking creatures their size or larger in the depths, with a particular taste for Tusos.

There has been a lot of debate about the purpose of the liquid stored in the head of this massive creature. Theories range from buoyancy, to echolocation, to nutrients reserves when going without food for a long period of time. However, whenever it meets electricity, it seems to spark a major reaction in Livyatan – cnidaria and electrophorus beware!

Domesticated:

It may not be the fastest swimmer with the biggest bite in the oceans, but it’s got plenty of tricks to make it a valuable mount for well-established tribes. First off, it seems to be able to take a radical amount of damage before even showing the first signs of weakness. Secondly, if a fight does begin to go the wrong way, the Livyatan is able to compress its massive lungs with such force that a blast of air is shot forward out of its blowhole capable of pushing even the largest Mosas out of biting distance. It is also capable of making some interesting byproducts while digesting its food.

Notes:

I like the Livyatan and I think it should be in the game – though I think Gen 2 would be a better location for it. However, I feel like every time a big new creature is suggested comes with a version that makes it op and the new ‘giga’ of the game. So, with my version I’ve brought it down a few pegs while still being a useful mount. Dossier is of my own creation.

Spawn:

Deep ocean and only two on the map at a time.

Taming:

Normal tranqing but with a twist, it needs to be on the surface. The deeper it goes the quicker it looses torpidity to the point where it negates any torpor coming in.

Abilities:

• Tuso killer
    • Takes decreased damage from Tusos
    • Gives increased damage to Tusos
    • Resistant to Tuso grab
  • Air Burst
    • While the Livyatan wouldn’t drain oxygen passively it would use a large percentage of its oxygen to blast a huge pulse of air forward out of its blow hole that does immense knockback. The trick to this is that if the whale gets to zero oxygen it will begin to receive damage until it surfaces and refills its oxygen.
    • This will be a way to make up for damage output if it comes up against something other than a Tuso where it can’t do as much damage as the attacking creature (i.e., Mosa)
  • Sonar
    • Able to send out pings that detect creatures and resources.
    • Delay between each ping
    • Brief change to screen to highlight
  • Electrical adrenaline boost
    • Rider doesn’t get knocked off by electrical attacks from Cnidaria and Electrophorus.
    • If the Livyatan gets hit with an electrical attack it gets a burst of adrenaline that causes the whale to gain damage, speed, and health regen boosts. Useful for tight situations.
  • Black pearl production
    • Instead of Ambergris, this whale produces black pearls as a byproduct of the digestion process as long as it has prime fish meat in its inventory.
  • MAYBE a tek saddle that can be a submarine??
    • Not sure about this one, mostly because we already have two Tek underwater saddles. But it’s a potential idea.

Again, all of this is to make a balance water mount that can be a great addition and fun without being the OP game ender.

LyvatitanDossier.jpg