hydro power plant ⚡ Aquilarhinus edisonus... the MOBILE GENERATOR ! Power to the Hadrosaurs !

ladyteruki

Suggestion

The comfort of your base everywhere ! Advanced survivors need advanced dinos,
get yourself a living hydro power plant : the
Aquilarhinus.

AQUILARHINUS-Saddle-idea-FINAL-GREEN.png

Main paleoarts : ICRA Art
Additional "art" : little old me

NEVER RUN OUT OF ENERGY

On an archipelago like The Center, water is everywhere. Even on land !
It's an underrated resource in itself, found not just in the ocean but also in its many jungles, large swamps, and glorious waterfalls.
Take advantage of the setting of the map, and turn water into a renewable source of energy for your base, your camp, your trap or your FOB !

Look below for a breakdown of its abilities !

AQUILARHINUS DOSSIER

Species : Aquilarhinus edisonus
Time : Late Cretaceous
Diet : Fungivore (mushrooms)
Temperament : Neutral

Biome of choice : Beaches
Rideable : Yes
Taming method : Tranq or passive
Reproduction : Egg layer
Harvests : Rare mushrooms & Aberrant mushrooms (large quantities), Chitin (small, random quantities)
Drops : Hide, Raw meat
Generates : Electricity !

WILD
In many ways, herbivores are the hidden gems of the Arks. No matter where I go, they are always the most inventive creatures, probably out of necessity in a world so hostile.
This includes the Aquilarhinus, a rather large Hadrosaur that has developed creative ways to keep itself safe... by using electricity as a repellent ! Under the right circumstances, this is rather radical but efficient.
If you approach the Aquilarhinus calmly, you’ll find that it doesn’t have a mean bone in its large body. Not for a lack of bones !
They are probably at their most impressive at night, when they gather to sleep in groups. I don’t know that it’s the best idea to wake them up, but they make for a lovely spectacle from a distance...

DOMESTICATED
Driven by its voracious appetite for fungi, it turns out that the Aquilarhinus is much easier to befriend than I had anticipated.
Provided with care (and water) in abundance, the Aquilarhinus turns surviving into living.
During my travels, I ran into what I can only describe as a nomadic city. They were not limited in the same ways as I was to cook large amounts of food, provide infrastructure, or repair advanced tools. The key to their comfort on the road was their domestication of the Aquilarhinus.
One thing I learned later that day, however, is that for the same reasons it proves to be an invaluable creature, the Aquilarhinus should also NEVER be left unattended.

AQUILARHINUS-Dossier-FINAL.png

The Aquilarhinus is the one of the few large creatures spawning on beaches. It stays where the water is !
It favors warmer climates but can be found occasionally on the beaches of colder areas.

With the Aquilarhinus, you don't live where your generator is : the generator lives with you.

AQUILARHINUS-Abilities-Mobile-Generator-

Access to water is, ideally, natural sources of water (ocean, lake, river, etc.), which will be sustainable as long as the Aquilarhinus is kept safe.
But ! It can also be filled water containers in its inventory, though that will require constant monitoring.

The engram for its saddle is unlocked late in the game, because otherwise, a wireless gasoline generator would be way too OP !

AQUILARHINUS-Abilities-Saddle.png

The Aquilarhinus' main attack depends on whether its saddle is "switched on" :

AQUILARHINUS-Abilities-Pushbacks.png

The Aquilarhinus comes with a personality quirk : it behaves differently depending on the night/day cycle !

AQUILARHINUS-Abilities-Day-Night-Behavio

The taming methods for the Aquilarhinus are not very complicated, but there are two of them and they yield different results.

AQUILARHINUS-Abilities-Taming.png

Like the Chalicotherium's, the passive tame of the Aquilarhinus can never be ruined. We have enough problems as it is.

AQUILARHINUS-Abilities-Weight-Reduction.

Lastly, the Aquilarhinus has a gathering ability that lets it dig the soil on any map, and find mushrooms there !

AQUILARHINUS-Abilities-Foraging.png

The foraging ability is slightly less convenient than harvesting, because you can do it anywhere, even if no mushrooms assets are around.
But it guarantees access to mushrooms wherever you are, and even some chance of finding chitin.
This will be useful in case the remaster doesn't bring DLC resources to The Center. And, well, people transfer maps, anyway.

AQUILARHINUS-Covert-Art-FINAL.png

Why you should vote for the Aquilarhinus
- Hadrosaurs are cool ! And ASA could use more creatures that are not badass killers, for a change. This is my contribution to that effort
- Day/night behavior and TWO taming methods, for more immersive gameplay
- Use water access and/or water containers for a brand new purpose
- Find mushrooms and small amounts of chitin by foraging anywhere
- New electricity-based attack : the electrical pushback !
- The mobile generator expands nomadic gameplay and/or raids

PS : having two different ideas for The Center, a map I like very much but in dire need of a TLC, I decided to submit two creatures this time.
I thought it'd be fun to be in a competition with myself, see what people respond to. Please also check out the Sinopterus 🥰

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 1

89 replies to this server topic