Creature Submissions

xGodhandx

Im not being hateful, I knew I was walking into the lions den when expressing that I am not interested in this creature. There should honestly be a cap where a creature can only be submitted 3 times. This, the gorgonops, giant bison, etc are all taking up space from other submissions that are bringing fresh ideas to the table. I commend the effort you put forward with your submission, but personally, in my opinion, its exhausting seeing the same exact submissions on every map. You should have put the spider to rest after it was shot down so many times. The one cool idea I will give you though is the sexual dimorphism, that is out the box thinking and I like it. Cheers! 

• Facepalm 2

You were being hateful? you called it hot garbage and expected nobody to react negatively??? What is your problem. Also, the Bison and Gorgonops have both been submitted many times more than Maevia has. Maev has been added to a few votes and that is it, what you are saying is ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, xGodhandx said:

Im not being hateful, I knew I was walking into the lions den when expressing that I am not interested in this creature. There should honestly be a cap where a creature can only be submitted 3 times. This, the gorgonops, giant bison, etc are all taking up space from other submissions that are bringing fresh ideas to the table. I commend the effort you put forward with your submission, but personally, in my opinion, its exhausting seeing the same exact submissions on every map. You should have put the spider to rest after it was shot down so many times. The one cool idea I will give you though is the sexual dimorphism, that is out the box thinking and I like it. Cheers! 

On 7/12/2023 at 6:53 PM, xGodhandx said:

Hot trash, sorry not into it

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, xGodhandx said:

There is one point you are missing. The vote system on the forum for the top 10 selection, before this one, was unreliable and previous top 10 selection were completely broken. Making good creatures that deserve a win not being able to go into the top 10.

Before this creature submission, many submissions were just ignored and never had a chance to get into the top 10 while deserving it.

As a concrete example, this spider finished in the top 10 for scorched earth and finally get at the second or third place in the final vote (depending the round of the Ranked Vote system). But did you see it in the last top 10 for ragnarok along with the gigantoraptor who had similar votes ? No. This creature, while the final vote of Scorched earth clearly show the creature was appreciated, didn't deserve its chance just because of the creature submission voting system. The top 10 for ragnarok was set in few hours after the opening and every other submissions were simply ignored just because they were 'too late'.

My final point : if the top 10 selection was correctly done before this one, popular creatures will have already won and won't need several try.

And I clearly think that's the case for this spider. It just should have won before and free the space for other creatures as you want :)

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ShadowShadex said:

Not a good fit, tired of these repeat creatures every vote.

3 hours ago, KegoH52 said:

im also tired of seeing the lack of creature with every new repost of the same creature.

Yep. Wildcard needs to implement a cap on resubmissions. Creature get two chances in the top 10, then they're done. Give fresh ideas an opportunity to shine and stop crowding them out with the same handfuls of creatures taking two to three spots (or more) that could go to something else.

It'd be one thing if this creature was substantially changed from vote to vote, but it's extremely similar between votes. It's time for it to be retired. The fact that there's a roadmap planned for it if it doesn't win this vote is ridiculous. Creatures should not just be rammed into the vote again and again. It undermines the efforts of the broader community to generate new and interesting ideas.

In any case, we have a spider in the game. I would much prefer to see some of the features from this creature given to the Araneo so that it's actually worthwhile, rather than just neglecting it and trying to replace it.

Edited by PuffyPony
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

27 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Yep. Wildcard needs to implement a cap on resubmissions. Creature get two chances in the top 10, then they're done. Give fresh ideas an opportunity to shine and stop crowding them out with the same handfuls of creatures taking two to three spots (or more) that could go to something else.

It'd be one thing if this creature was substantially changed from vote to vote, but it's extremely similar between votes. It's time for it to be retired. The fact that there's a roadmap planned for it if it doesn't win this vote is ridiculous. Creatures should not just be rammed into the vote again and again. It undermines the efforts of the broader community to generate new and interesting ideas.

In any case, we have a spider in the game. I would much prefer to see some of the features from this creature given to the Araneo so that it's actually worthwhile, rather than just neglecting it and trying to replace it.

Actually, If this was the case, and it was like this, then barely any of the creatures submitted would actually stand a chance in the first place. There are many submissions who've only had a remote chance due to the following build-up that they have, and each vote it is more than fair for people to submit their creatures repeatedly, nobody is forcing you to vote for them. If others do well enough and receive enough attention, they can just as easily push past these submissions that have been repeated more than once, it's up to the people who vote for them in the end. I don't feel the need to shatter the integrity of what Maevia first started with in appearance in order to make it new and exciting for you, as that could potentially ruin its reputation entirely for those that originally adored it and wanted it in the game. This can be seen with what happened to the poor Bastion Beetle and a few others as well over the events. This is why when I do make changes they are not exaggerated or extreme, I care about what those wanted to begin with and will continue to heavily consider this alone ❤️

I'm sorry but you don't get to decide what people do and don't want, if they voted for it, and I honestly don't think Wildcard would want to stop the general community from being able to do that either, it's their choice if they want the creature in the game or not, and if they continue to vote on it well that means they do. If other creatures are desired enough, they will make it up there into the spots just like others have. I backed Maevia out of The Center to give the aquatics a chance because we are a bit lacking in the water area on Arks maps, but I will not be pulling her out of this one, as she is perfectly fit for a map that has a city loaded with spiders in the first place.

I should also point out the fact that spiders and snakes, being the most hated animals on earth, and the system being ranked-choice voting, makes it an uphill battle for creatures like this submission, the Yingi, and others alike, Gigantophis the snake was struck out of the SE votes immediately in huge part due to these circumstances, aside from other factors. This isn't trying to replace it if you took and read my submission, there's plenty of things that can be done for Araneo as well to make it unique and truly fun outside of these ideas, and above all, who says it couldn't share many of these too? Jumping spiders are vastly different than the rest of the spiders as they hunt in a completely different manner and are incredibly intelligent, most of their behavior alone is vastly different from other spiders. ASA is coming up and there should be expectations that the Araneo will get its TLC eventually, as they already told us that they will be able to continue working on the main game through it and adding in new content. 

Lastly, just because something has been submitted more than once doesn't make it less valid of an option to be put into the game, no matter what creature it is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, Sovira said:

Actually, If this was the case, and it was like this, then barely any of the creatures submitted would actually stand a chance in the first place. There are many submissions who've only had a remote chance due to the following build-up that they have, and each vote it is more than fair for people to submit their creatures repeatedly, nobody is forcing you to vote for them. If others do well enough and receive enough attention, they can just as easily push past these submissions that have been repeated more than once, it's up to the people who vote for them in the end. I don't feel the need to shatter the integrity of what Maevia first started with in appearance in order to make it new and exciting for you, as that could potentially ruin its reputation entirely for those that originally adored it and wanted it in the game. This can be seen with what happened to the poor Bastion Beetle and a few others as well over the events. This is why when I do make changes they are not exaggerated or extreme, I care about what those wanted to begin with and will continue to heavily consider this alone ❤️

I'm sorry but you don't get to decide what people do and don't want, if they voted for it, and I honestly don't think Wildcard would want to stop the general community from being able to do that either, it's their choice if they want the creature in the game or not, and if they continue to vote on it well that means they do. If other creatures are desired enough, they will make it up there into the spots just like others have. I backed Maevia out of The Center to give the aquatics a chance because we are a bit lacking in the water area on Arks maps, but I will not be pulling her out of this one, as she is perfectly fit for a map that has a city loaded with spiders in the first place.

I should also point out the fact that spiders and snakes, being the most hated animals on earth, and the system being ranked-choice voting, makes it an uphill battle for creatures like this submission, the Yingi, and others alike, Gigantophis the snake was struck out of the SE votes immediately in huge part due to these circumstances, aside from other factors. This isn't trying to replace it if you took and read my submission, there's plenty of things that can be done for Araneo as well to make it unique and truly fun outside of these ideas, and above all, who says it couldn't share many of these too? Jumping spiders are vastly different than the rest of the spiders as they hunt in a completely different manner and are incredibly intelligent, most of their behavior alone is vastly different from other spiders. ASA is coming up and there should be expectations that the Araneo will get its TLC eventually, as they already told us that they will be able to continue working on the main game through it and adding in new content. 

Lastly, just because something has been submitted more than once doesn't make it less valid of an option to be put into the game, no matter what creature it is.

I agree with this and i think its unfair to cap anyone when the votes are the best indicator too so yeah the spider back at it again and it will have my vote

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sovira said:

Actually, If this was the case, and it was like this, then barely any of the creatures submitted would actually stand a chance in the first place. There are many submissions who've only had a remote chance due to the following build-up that they have, and each vote it is more than fair for people to submit their creatures repeatedly, nobody is forcing you to vote for them. If others do well enough and receive enough attention, they can just as easily push past these submissions that have been repeated more than once, it's up to the people who vote for them in the end. I don't feel the need to shatter the integrity of what Maevia first started with in appearance in order to make it new and exciting for you, as that could potentially ruin its reputation entirely for those that originally adored it and wanted it in the game. This can be seen with what happened to the poor Bastion Beetle and a few others as well over the events. This is why when I do make changes they are not exaggerated or extreme, I care about what those wanted to begin with and will continue to heavily consider this alone

This is both incorrect as shown by past votes, and ignores the actual issue caused by zealously resubmitting a near identical copy of a creature again and again. It’s also just a weird statement because the vote structure itself guarantees that 10 creatures will get a chance, every time. 

Of the AS:A vote winners, only one creature was a Top 10 resubmit that got a following: Gigantoraptor, which came in a close second on the previous vote. All of the others were first time Top 10 entries, so clearly “some creatures needing a following” to win is not really true unless that creature is a repeat losing option that has to be continuously rammed in.

What creating a following does is guarantee a creature’s spot in the top 10, particularly because these resubmits tend to A) be posted early, and B) be looked for by a core group of ardent fans not interested in other options. It does not guarantee victory—again, Bastion Beetle, Gorgonops, etc. As a consequence, other, newer, potentially *better* ideas get passed over while these recycled ideas get the front page. Thus, creatures become entrenched and crowd votes up. This is exactly what we saw happen with Bastion Beetle, Giant Bison, and Gorgonops—and I even voted for Gorgonops, but seeing it in the vote for a third time is a little tiresome. Those creatures, along with Maevia, are lessons that Wildcard needs to be putting in some kind of limits.

and I recognize that sometimes, you get unlucky and are pitted against something that’s just amazing. Can’t help that. That’s why I advocate for allowing one more try with the same creature, and not just ending it then and there

1 hour ago, Sovira said:

Nor would I presume to tell people what they do or don’t want. That’s not a constructive response and does not correctly characterize my stance, which is that Wildcard should structure votes to prevent stagnant recycled ideas from showing up again and again. Just because they’ve taken a generally laissez-faire approach to the votes does not mean that’s the best approach to be taking.

The bottom line is that Maevia has lost twice now. Had you included it in the Center, it would have lost a third time without a shadow of a doubt. If it loses again for Extinction, will you continue to try to ram it into votes, or at some point do you accept that *maybe it’s time for it to move on?*

1 hour ago, Sovira said:

This is a strange point considering that two of the Top 10 on Ab were spiders, and as you yourself point out, Gigantophis made it to the top 10 on at least one occasion that I can remember. In fact, people were specifically thrilled for the opportunity to add something a bit different with Ab. I think you vastly overestimate how much people’s dislike of these creatures impact how they fare in the vote as opposed to people simply liking other options more for a wide variety of reasons (I.e. a spider doesn’t really fit on Scorched, or aquatics should win on a map characterized by its waterways, or “dang this thing keeps showing up, it’s been beat to death and I want to see something new”.)

1 hour ago, Sovira said:

The problem here is that there are a *lot* of valid choices that don’t even get a chance for serious consideration, because recycled ideas get entrenched and take votes on votes to be dislodged. If anything, seeing a rehashed idea lose twice *does* speak to the idea that it’s maybe time to give other suggestions a chance. The question here isn’t one of validity—most of the things people are suggesting are perfectly valid choices—it’s of stagnancy and unoriginality as a byproduct of repetition in an arena where creativity and novelty should be rewarded.

Edited by PuffyPony
  • Thanks 1

I think at this point wildcard should just give the spider the carchar treatment seeing as it's been in the top 10 for almost every single vote. I'm tired of seeing every vote. It takes up a space that could be taken up by another unique creature. Because it has an almost VIP like spot in the top 10 Because of the community Behind it immediately vote for it. Can't you make another cool creature for the submissions, the person behind the cheeta has made other creatures for the votes both of which have been very successful.

Yeah well maybe if wildcard would start letting the top 2 creatures of each Top 10 creature vote get into the game it would help avoid this problem, or after a creature makes it into the top 10 creature votes 3 different times on map votes then it should be brought into the game. But to tell someone they shouldn’t be able to continue to submit their creature that they worked hard on for so long to get into the game because you disagree or don’t like it is, tyrannical at best and not an equal opportunity, so how about if you don’t like people resubmitting their creatures and seeing the same ones that obviously the community wants in the game tell wildcard to start letting the top 2 creatures in the map at the end of the top 10 creature votes for each map

10 hours ago, RebelKevin94 said:

Yeah well maybe if wildcard would start letting the top 2 creatures of each Top 10 creature vote get into the game it would help avoid this problem, or after a creature makes it into the top 10 creature votes 3 different times on map votes then it should be brought into the game. But to tell someone they shouldn’t be able to continue to submit their creature that they worked hard on for so long to get into the game because you disagree or don’t like it is, tyrannical at best and not an equal opportunity, so how about if you don’t like people resubmitting their creatures and seeing the same ones that obviously the community wants in the game tell wildcard to start letting the top 2 creatures in the map at the end of the top 10 creature votes for each map

I fully agree with this, your suggestion is already a thousand times better and the toxic react from them made it not worth my time to waste reading what they even had to say in response to begin with. Maevia won 7 out of the 9 rounds on Aberration for example and could've been considered to be put into the game because of this, there's another creature this happened to from a previous vote as well and it would be far more fair entirely in the end, and would help root out creatures that made it so close but not quite, so that room for others could be freed up as well, it's a win win overall and you hit the nail on the head. ❤️ 17,000+ people would be livid if the creature they wanted was struck down like that and in an unfair manner with no chance of being brought back in the future even, it would be a very callous move in the end towards those who put so much effort into their submissions.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

This is both incorrect as shown by past votes, and ignores the actual issue caused by zealously resubmitting a near identical copy of a creature again and again. It’s also just a weird statement because the vote structure itself guarantees that 10 creatures will get a chance, every time. 

Of the AS:A vote winners, only one creature was a Top 10 resubmit that got a following: Gigantoraptor, which came in a close second on the previous vote. All of the others were first time Top 10 entries, so clearly “some creatures needing a following” to win is not really true unless that creature is a repeat losing option that has to be continuously rammed in.

What creating a following does is guarantee a creature’s spot in the top 10, particularly because these resubmits tend to A) be posted early, and B) be looked for by a core group of ardent fans not interested in other options. It does not guarantee victory—again, Bastion Beetle, Gorgonops, etc. As a consequence, other, newer, potentially *better* ideas get passed over while these recycled ideas get the front page. Thus, creatures become entrenched and crowd votes up. This is exactly what we saw happen with Bastion Beetle, Giant Bison, and Gorgonops—and I even voted for Gorgonops, but seeing it in the vote for a third time is a little tiresome. Those creatures, along with Maevia, are lessons that Wildcard needs to be putting in some kind of limits.

and I recognize that sometimes, you get unlucky and are pitted against something that’s just amazing. Can’t help that. That’s why I advocate for allowing one more try with the same creature, and not just ending it then and there

Nor would I presume to tell people what they do or don’t want. That’s not a constructive response and does not correctly characterize my stance, which is that Wildcard should structure votes to prevent stagnant recycled ideas from showing up again and again. Just because they’ve taken a generally laissez-faire approach to the votes does not mean that’s the best approach to be taking.

The bottom line is that Maevia has lost twice now. Had you included it in the Center, it would have lost a third time without a shadow of a doubt. If it loses again for Extinction, will you continue to try to ram it into votes, or at some point do you accept that *maybe it’s time for it to move on?*

This is a strange point considering that two of the Top 10 on Ab were spiders, and as you yourself point out, Gigantophis made it to the top 10 on at least one occasion that I can remember. In fact, people were specifically thrilled for the opportunity to add something a bit different with Ab. I think you vastly overestimate how much people’s dislike of these creatures impact how they fare in the vote as opposed to people simply liking other options more for a wide variety of reasons (I.e. a spider doesn’t really fit on Scorched, or aquatics should win on a map characterized by its waterways, or “dang this thing keeps showing up, it’s been beat to death and I want to see something new”.)

The problem here is that there are a *lot* of valid choices that don’t even get a chance for serious consideration, because recycled ideas get entrenched and take votes on votes to be dislodged. If anything, seeing a rehashed idea lose twice *does* speak to the idea that it’s maybe time to give other suggestions a chance. The question here isn’t one of validity—most of the things people are suggesting are perfectly valid choices—it’s of stagnancy and unoriginality as a byproduct of repetition in an arena where creativity and novelty should be rewarded.

*Sips coffee*

I understand your frustration of seeing repetitious creatures in every vote. Sure, it is okay to want to see something new pop up every know and then. You are more than welcome to offer that statement. But if you think demeaning others for posting the same creature every single vote is right, then you are certainly mistaken on that part.

I don't know if you have or haven't ever created something like a creature submission. Nor can I judge you for not making one yourself. But what you need to understand is there are a lot of artists, writers, and other creators out there that want to show off their work. And for a game like ARK: Survival Evolved/Ascended, they are giving others the opportunity to suggest creatures that could be added to the game. And you know what? Many of these amazing people are going above and beyond to show off their work to others not necessarily just to win, but to let other fans admire their content as well as their ideas. Heck, I'm one of those aspiring content creators and it makes me happy to see others enjoy what I've accomplished. And I especially enjoy seeing the smiles of my friend's faces when people praise their work. This is something this community needs, a fun and wholesome environment.

However, when you and others make comments like "this doesn't belong here" or "you've lost so many times already" or "I'm tired of seeing your stuff over and over again. Just give up", it really hurts others motivation to keep moving forward with their passions. Sure there are a plethora of other fresh ideas people have that could work, but to put people down just because they really want to see their favorite creature in the game...it's disheartening. And this creature submission vote? It is literally a game of Survival of the Fittest. The strongest or more favorable wins. That is how it has always been in nature. But that cycle of nature is easily broken by let's say...a virus. And in this environment, it is the toxicity and hatred of others that is throwing everything off balance like a virus.

That doesn't mean, however, that people should give up. Despite the odds not favoring the creatures I submitted, I still let them run wild for people to at least admire. The people I've worked with on my creature have made so much progress to give others something to love, not to hate. And even though I'm in a bit of a rivalry with someone, I still like to support the effort they put in to their work because like us, they worked very hard as well. And limiting a creature to only three chances to win? It would not only ruin the dynamic of what the vote is about, but also shatter nearly everyone's chances of winning (and perhaps discourage others from not voting anymore).

Just because something isn't insanely useful for PVP, it doesn't mean it's worthless.

Just because it isn't what you like, it doesn't mean it isn't admirable for others. 

Just because something is scary looking for others who are afraid of them, it doesn't mean it can't be something for others to enjoy.

Just because something has been "beaten to death", it doesn't mean you can't lift them up.

And just because someone is trying their best to win, doesn't mean they should be bullied for putting an effort.

I could go on with my rant here, but I want to continue with my work as well. So I'll end it in summary:

Please be kind to others. We are all adults here. I want to see a community where everyone can admire people's work without destructive judgement or toxic comments. I know I have no authority anywhere, but I at least like to stand up for my friends and rivals who are doing their best to have fun in this vote. If you really want to see something new or fresh, throw a creature suggestion out there yourself. And you know something? I'll give it a vote anyway because I think everyone has some goodness deep down inside them. And maybe you'll understand why we continue to post the creatures we love. Keep this in mind the next time you decide to comment on someone's post or say something about people's efforts. I hope you have a good day. 

'Nuff said.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sovira said:

I fully agree with this, your suggestion is already a thousand times better and the toxic react from them made it not worth my time to waste reading what they even had to say in response to begin with. Maevia won 7 out of the 9 rounds on Aberration for example and could've been considered to be put into the game because of this, there's another creature this happened to from a previous vote as well and it would be far more fair entirely in the end, and would help root out creatures that made it so close but not quite, so that room for others could be freed up as well, it's a win win overall and you hit the nail on the head. ❤️ 17,000+ people would be livid if the creature they wanted was struck down like that and in an unfair manner with no chance of being brought back in the future even, it would be a very callous move in the end towards those who put so much effort into their submissions.

Yeah I love your work and your creature and so do many others and if wildcard would just listen and let the runner up creature in the game the whole issue would pretty much be solved, but the option of limiting how many times they can submit their creature is absolutely not an option, unfair, and not an equal opportunity, I talked to one of admins they should run this idea up the ladder to get the devs to start letting the top 2 of every creature vote in the game, and don’t ever let anyone pressure you out of submitting Maevia Eureka or your team, that’s y’all’s right to do so and I’ll stand with you on against the world

Edited by RebelKevin94
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 2:25 PM, RaephClark said:

But if you think demeaning others for posting the same creature every single vote is right, then you are certainly mistaken on that part.

As it happens, pointing out that an idea is rehashed and that allowing unlimited real estate on a Top 10 slot promotes creative stagnancy is not demeaning. It's a legitimate criticism, and if you, a creator, are unwilling to field that criticism, then that's not a problem I can help you with. There are a lot of demeaning responses to Maevia out there, a few on the forums and a lot more on Reddit, but dismissing a legitimate criticism by lumping it in with those does not suggest an intent for genuine discussion.

I don't know if you have or haven't ever created something like a creature submission... It would not only ruin the dynamic of what the vote is about, but also shatter nearly everyone's chances of winning (and perhaps discourage others from not voting anymore).

Addressing this whole block together...

Let me foremost state that in no sense do I discourage artists from "showing off." Just because the rules might limit how many times a given option might make it into the Top 10 does not prevent showing off--if anything, it enhances the probability that more people gain the opportunity to receive a higher level of scrutiny and, thereby, appreciation for what they did by preventing entrenched, repeat ideas from consuming spots that might otherwise go to other creators. You're speaking principally from the perspective of someone like Sovira who has an established creature who has shown up in votes; I'm speaking from the perspective of the vote as a whole as well as artists who haven't gotten that opportunity. And sure, many people are happy to have their creatures received on the forums just to show off and never see a vote--but that's the point of the submissions.

You want people to feel encouraged to produce things? A good start would be ensuring they feel like they stand a realistic chance to have that recognized, not just on the forums but community wide, and you do that by making sure specific ideas don't gum up the vote & draw the limelight too exclusively. If you for a second believe that Sovira hasn't received recognition and praise for their idea, then I'm not sure what to tell you. They've received oodles. Their creature was rated in the top 10 of hundreds of ideas twice, likely will be a third time, and would've a fourth time had Delran left it in the Center vote. They should feel proud, but that doesn't give them unlimited real estate to show up on votes and deny others an opportunity to receive that same recognition. Sure, I'm sure it feels bad that they lost, but that's life. You can either wallow in it, or get over it, like the Cheetah's creator has by making new ideas which right now are seeing high levels of praise.

As it happens, this isn't the jungle, nor is it "survival of the fittest." The rules have been cultivated from the get-go, and adding a few more pretty generous rules to add structure to the vote to ensure maximum diversity of ideas receive apprecaition is not "ruining the dynamic of the vote," nor does it "shatter people's chances of winning"--it actively promotes the possibility for most people to make it into a vote. Keep in mind 95%+ of people never get into a vote once, let alone twice, let alone three times. This helps them.

Just because something isn't insanely useful for PVP, it doesn't mean it's worthless.

Just because it isn't what you like, it doesn't mean it isn't admirable for others. 

Just because something is scary looking for others who are afraid of them, it doesn't mean it can't be something for others to enjoy.

Just because something has been "beaten to death", it doesn't mean you can't lift them up.

And just because someone is trying their best to win, doesn't mean they should be bullied for putting an effort.

I could go on with my rant here, but I want to continue with my work as well. So I'll end it in summary:

This comes dangerously close to "don't criticize artists because we should just be positive." As it happens, these are all legitimate criticisms, and if it's how others feel, then they should be able to voice those opinions. That's not "bullying" someone for trying to win. That's doing what the community is supposed to do at this stage of the vote and provide honest feedback about what they want to see. And if that feedback is, "I don't think this is good in PvP," or "Spiders scare me," or "I don't think this fits this map," or "This idea has been overdone and I don't want to see it anymore," that is all legitimate feedback. If you, an artist, are incapable of receiving that feedback, that is on you to figure out.

Please be kind to others. We are all adults here. I want to see a community where everyone can admire people's work without destructive judgement or toxic comments. I know I have no authority anywhere, but I at least like to stand up for my friends and rivals who are doing their best to have fun in this vote. If you really want to see something new or fresh, throw a creature suggestion out there yourself. And you know something? I'll give it a vote anyway because I think everyone has some goodness deep down inside them. And maybe you'll understand why we continue to post the creatures we love. Keep this in mind the next time you decide to comment on someone's post or say something about people's efforts. I hope you have a good day

I desire the same thing--which is why I advocate for limiting Top 10 chances. That's not personal against Sovira/Maevia--I've been consistent on this matter for other creatures, too, such as the Gorgonops and Cheetah. The difference is that the Gorgonops's creator didn't try to clap back. The Cheetah's creator didn't say "how dare you, I can do what I want you toxic person!" They received the feedback. The Gorgonops's creator, before anyone even said anything, acknowledged the issue and said they're going to sunset after this vote. The Cheetah's creator submitted new ideas. They behaved maturely. While you personally may not have, I can't say the same for Maevia's supporters who behaved toxically & demeaning toward Yi Qi & its creator after it beat Maevia for the Ab vote. If you want to see people support a positive community, start there--and I'll be fair, it's much harder to stand up to your friends than your foes.

I hope Sovira/Delran come up with new ideas. I was thrilled to see the Cheetah's creator come up with a very unique take on Sauroposeidon. And thankfully, Delran did make the right decision to retire Maevia after this vote. That was a good call that promotes creativity & diversity of ideas in the community. I'm glad that they had the maturity to make that decision, even if it was to their own personal detriment. That's what helps cultivate a positive community, when people can read the room and step aside to let others have their shot.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Putting words into another persons mouth that they so clearly didn't say, check.

Acting holier than thou like as if there is no better solution than yours alone, no compromise no nothing, it's the end all, which there clearly is other solutions or ways, check.

Classifying people as 'immature' just for posting their creature more than two times, check.

instead of actually coming up with something that would ultimately be a win for others and those that don't get seen enough, you come up with "let's kill this off and their following of thousands of people because I think it's fair that way". Oh, right, you didn't consider that either did you while you were so busy blatantly attacking me and BELITTLING ME. You've proven just how toxic you are alone with how much you've belittled me this entire time, and it shows ever so clearly. I won't come up with 'new ideas' because Maevia was a DREAM I've had to make it into Ark since 2016, yeah 2016, and how dare I care enough that other people who've had dreams for their creatures can get a remote shot for their creatures too. Cultivating a positive community, what an honestly messed up thing to say when you haven't even acknowledged 16 other issues I could list right now that fuel the root of problems within the system itself.

I want to say it's been wild, and pretty messed up how you try to tear specifically maevia down, and don't even bother attacking some of the other repeated submissions, like Hatz etc. Nah. I see something wrong when you think it's okay for people to post 23 different submissions over time and often with somebody having multiple submissions making it into the final 10, but how dare somebody like me just want one creature, and keep posting it for the other people that share the same feeling.

Do I think the system could use some change? Yes I do absolutely! But in a way that isn't directly trying to DESTROY people like me just for existing and trying my hardest.

As for posting here any longer, I won't, I'm done, you've caused enough strife and anxiety for me to never want to even step foot on here again because you don't seem to care how you affect other people when you belittle them, starting with the facepalm react to my post, you've been nothing short of a complete jerk to me, and that is not the way to treat people if you want to get any form of points across, as you surely didn't. (Maevia, has other plans) I can only hope you aren't as insensitive with other people as you've been with me towards other people you approach in the future.

Edited by Sovira
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

I hope Sovira/Delran come up with new ideas. I was thrilled to see the Cheetah's creator come up with a very unique take on Sauroposeidon. And thankfully, Delran did make the right decision to retire Maevia after this vote. That was a good call that promotes creativity & diversity of ideas in the community. I'm glad that they had the maturity to make that decision, even if it was to their own personal detriment. That's what helps cultivate a positive community, when people can read the room and step aside to let others have their shot.

you do realize that they retired Maevia due to extreme amounts of harassment? theres nothing good about that, theres nothing mature about a community essentially bullying a creator enough to where they stop posting their creature. Like holy poop, If Hatzeg or Notho got as much harassment as this for being reposts then I would have probably stopped submitting. I think that maybe it's you that should consider reading the room. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Sovira said:

Putting words into another persons mouth that they so clearly didn't say, check.

Acting holier than thou like as if there is no better solution than yours alone, no compromise no nothing, it's the end all, which there clearly is other solutions or ways, check.

Classifying people as 'immature' just for posting their creature more than two times, check.

instead of actually coming up with something that would ultimately be a win for others and those that don't get seen enough, you come up with "let's kill this off and their following of thousands of people because I think it's fair that way". Oh, right, you didn't consider that either did you while you were so busy blatantly attacking me and BELITTLING ME. You've proven just how toxic you are alone with how much you've belittled me this entire time, and it shows ever so clearly. I won't come up with 'new ideas' because Maevia was a DREAM I've had to make it into Ark since 2016, yeah 2016, and how dare I care enough that other people who've had dreams for their creatures can get a remote shot for their creatures too. Cultivating a positive community, what an honestly messed up thing to say when you haven't even acknowledged 16 other issues I could list right now that fuel the root of problems within the system itself.

I want to say it's been wild, and pretty messed up how you try to tear specifically maevia down, and don't even bother attacking some of the other repeated submissions, like Hatz etc. Nah. I see something wrong when you think it's okay for people to post 23 different submissions over time and often with somebody having multiple submissions making it into the final 10, but how dare somebody like me just want one creature, and keep posting it for the other people that share the same feeling.

Do I think the system could use some change? Yes I do absolutely! But in a way that isn't directly trying to DESTROY people like me just for existing and trying my hardest.

As for posting here any longer, I won't, I'm done, you've caused enough strife and anxiety for me to never want to even step foot on here again because you don't seem to care how you affect other people when you belittle them, starting with the facepalm react to my post, you've been nothing short of a complete jerk to me, and that is not the way to treat people if you want to get any form of points across, as you surely didn't. (Maevia, has other plans) I can only hope you aren't as insensitive with other people as you've been with me towards other people you approach in the future.

I personally don't see why you should stop posting maevia. I mean, obviously the hate you are receiving which is totally unfair for you and absolutely needs to stop, but why put the flame out when it's still burning so brightly? I think that the maevia is one of the most supported creatures that haven't won a vote yet, and it certainly fits in to at least 4 more maps; val, gen 1 & 2 and fjordur. However, I fully respect your decision, and will support you no matter what you choose to do with the maevia. I just think that you shouldn't let the people  that think that they can bully you into having their own way win. 

Sovi's mental health is not particularly enjoying the constant hate about Maevia and it stresses her out too much to be constantly worrying about it, anxiety sucks but it kinda is what it is. Like yea the hate train needs to stop but its not going to, infact it would probably get worse as time goes on unfortunately unless they pull the plug.

I only meant to guide this conversation towards reconsidering the way the voting system works. I agree with the suggestions from above about submissions that make it to the top 10 being capped to two attempts. Never meant this to hurt anyone’s feelings, just an honest expression of how I feel about the voting system. I am glad that I am not alone in feeling this way and that this will make Wild Card consider options for revitalizing the voting system. Lastly I want there to be a vote that isn’t map specific, but that is restricted to shoulder pets. Shoulder pets never make the top ten and it would be nice to see a new shoulder companion join the Ark. Thanks for all of your contributions here and I wish you all the best.