Yo Shockal absolutely massive respect for you taking the cheetah out of the vote and giving other submissions a chance. If only others could follow your example instead of spamming the same creature on every map. I love this owl and while the cheetah is cool I didn’t really think it fit aberration, I think valguero is best for it so if you bring it back for that vote you have my support! 

• Shockal changed the title to Ornimegalonyx, the Giant Flightless Owl
On 7/13/2023 at 2:41 AM, Arambourgiania said:

I gotta say I really respect your decision to remove the cheetah from this contest. I'm sure it was a difficult decision, but now other people have a more fair chance of making the Top Ten. On that note, I actually didn't realize that a single user is allowed to submit multiple entries. That does seem unfair and I'm surprised it isn't against the rules, but I guess I'll keep it in mind for future contests. Don't hate the player, as they say. 😛

I don't understand why you would throw shade on people with multiple entries. Also, the cheetah was probably pulled to give a better chance for this to win because the cheetah is clearly better than this entry. The cheetah seems like its a more guaranteed win so removing it for another vote makes sense to give this one a chance. 
Its no worse than people with influence starting a Discord community to rally votes.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:41 AM, Arambourgiania said:

I gotta say I really respect your decision to remove the cheetah from this contest. I'm sure it was a difficult decision, but now other people have a more fair chance of making the Top Ten. On that note, I actually didn't realize that a single user is allowed to submit multiple entries. That does seem unfair and I'm surprised it isn't against the rules, but I guess I'll keep it in mind for future contests. Don't hate the player, as they say. 😛

For the creature submission, you propose a creature and people vote for it. The person who proposed creature doesn't matter and so you can submit several submissions.

Sounds to me quite strange that you can only participate in only one submission. After all, every one can suggest ideas for every submission. That's also justify that submissions can be merged if several persons propose the same creature.

I understand that some people want a vote for both the creature design and creature abilities. In this case, several submissions can be a little bit unfair. But that's not the case. Every submission will be reworked by WC to fit Ark so no need to worry about making several submissions :)

On 7/8/2023 at 2:46 AM, Shockal said:

Well, as of recently, I decided to remove my cheetah submission.

Personally, I think that's the votes that should choose the top 10. If the cheetah made it into the top 10, that's not because it was posted by someone specifically but because people liked it. I am disappointed that all these votes for the cheetah were ignored just because you decided alone 😕

What's done is done and I understand your choice. I am just sharing my thought on it.

If you're able to provide several submissions with well designed creature and good abilities, I personally would love it :D