No offense but - How is a wheel supposed to work? Did this thing evolve axels? I'm sorry but literally how in the laws of even science fiction is this creature supposed to make sense. If it rolls up that doesn't mean it suddenly gets an inner wheel, the two states don't make any logical physical sense.

Getting past the physical impossibility this Ark may have literally xenomorphs and Lovecraft style tentacle monsters but a wheel is beyond the limits of feasible biology. A fully functioning wheel. An Armadillo rolling around is far different from a separate wheel mechanism that is somehow attached to a living organism but not fixed in place. This is something only pokemon could attempt to justify.

I want more arthropods and trilobites belive me but this is too much. Dude.

Not to mention the concept for its abilities aren't even that interesting. You just cobbled together the benefits of random parts of mechanics like Charge Light, Radiation (Although uses involving trilobite blood are interesting), and slapped a gun on it. The only good part of it being that the idea of Pearls as ammo for a trilobites weapon ability is quite ironic considering how we harvest them for pearls. How many other creatures could do all of this and don't need the mobility part? Basically all of them.

If you really want this creature in the game you're going to have to try harder than this.

If you want this creature to be more or appeal more than literally an attempt to just make a more agile and versatile roll rat than you should focus more on the actual capabilities of the creature in better detail and sticking more to its unique biology as a Trilobite. I'd love a motorcycle in Ark equivalent anyday but this isn't it.

There is one option you could go down if you wanted to though in order to make this creature actually possible. Give it a normal Saddle that explores its normal range of abilities that would actually fit something not requiring the wheel function, then give it a Tek or Industrial Saddle like the Roll Rat that gives it the ability to actually roll. You can even make the saddle require parts of their kinds shell to make for the treads like how Megachelon do for their platform saddles. This way you can have the Motobite instead clinging or on the 'seat' of a Chitin engine powered tread or Tek holo wheel that allows for it to have a feasible way of this type of locomotion. This is where it would fit the idea of headlights even more.

Idea - Let the Trilobite and biological strengths shine with a normal riding Saddle, but upgrade to a Aberration Style Metal tier Saddle or a Tek Saddle that brings out its best utility. This way you can actually give the creature a progression too and maybe even incorporate it into more than just an early tier of use or the role of movement used for the Roll Rat.

One particular idea that is good is the use of its blood, which must have weird and ancient properties to it, for something. Doesn't have to be radiation immunity, but it could be one of its uses. What if it was a substitute for say Broth of Enlightenment? Or capable of crafting such a substitute? The way stews act for so many mechanics can be reflected in dinos too. Maybe it could have its own special recipe using the materials from the Aberrant creatures and ingredients or a stew that does something even stranger. What's the harm in grinding suspicious crystals with unknown properties into dust and combining it with all these weird mushrooms and parts like xenomorph glands and crab claws to make a mysterious goo? To be honest I wouldn't argue against this being the primitive Chem bench of Ark but thats just an idea.

I hate to admit it but I do like the idea of the pearl being ammo for a trilobite. It fits perfectly, to Pelt your enemies with the very things they hunt you for. I'd keep that to the industrial or Tek saddles though. 

While I like the idea of shock resistance in Ark I would much prefer if it was possible to use the creature to give other creatures that ability, or get a resource than can be used like a stew to actually defend from those things. Like a sort of temporary shock buffer or such or some sort of barrier or insulation that prevents it.

8 hours ago, Luux said:

No offense but - How is a wheel supposed to work? Did this thing evolve axels? I'm sorry but literally how in the laws of even science fiction is this creature supposed to make sense. If it rolls up that doesn't mean it suddenly gets an inner wheel, the two states don't make any logical physical sense.

Getting past the physical impossibility this Ark may have literally xenomorphs and Lovecraft style tentacle monsters but a wheel is beyond the limits of feasible biology. A fully functioning wheel. An Armadillo rolling around is far different from a separate wheel mechanism that is somehow attached to a living organism but not fixed in place. This is something only pokemon could attempt to justify.

I want more arthropods and trilobites belive me but this is too much. Dude.

Not to mention the concept for its abilities aren't even that interesting. You just cobbled together the benefits of random parts of mechanics like Charge Light, Radiation (Although uses involving trilobite blood are interesting), and slapped a gun on it. The only good part of it being that the idea of Pearls as ammo for a trilobites weapon ability is quite ironic considering how we harvest them for pearls. How many other creatures could do all of this and don't need the mobility part? Basically all of them.

If you really want this creature in the game you're going to have to try harder than this.

If you want this creature to be more or appeal more than literally an attempt to just make a more agile and versatile roll rat than you should focus more on the actual capabilities of the creature in better detail and sticking more to its unique biology as a Trilobite. I'd love a motorcycle in Ark equivalent anyday but this isn't it.

There is one option you could go down if you wanted to though in order to make this creature actually possible. Give it a normal Saddle that explores its normal range of abilities that would actually fit something not requiring the wheel function, then give it a Tek or Industrial Saddle like the Roll Rat that gives it the ability to actually roll. You can even make the saddle require parts of their kinds shell to make for the treads like how Megachelon do for their platform saddles. This way you can have the Motobite instead clinging or on the 'seat' of a Chitin engine powered tread or Tek holo wheel that allows for it to have a feasible way of this type of locomotion. This is where it would fit the idea of headlights even more.

Idea - Let the Trilobite and biological strengths shine with a normal riding Saddle, but upgrade to a Aberration Style Metal tier Saddle or a Tek Saddle that brings out its best utility. This way you can actually give the creature a progression too and maybe even incorporate it into more than just an early tier of use or the role of movement used for the Roll Rat.

One particular idea that is good is the use of its blood, which must have weird and ancient properties to it, for something. Doesn't have to be radiation immunity, but it could be one of its uses. What if it was a substitute for say Broth of Enlightenment? Or capable of crafting such a substitute? The way stews act for so many mechanics can be reflected in dinos too. Maybe it could have its own special recipe using the materials from the Aberrant creatures and ingredients or a stew that does something even stranger. What's the harm in grinding suspicious crystals with unknown properties into dust and combining it with all these weird mushrooms and parts like xenomorph glands and crab claws to make a mysterious goo? To be honest I wouldn't argue against this being the primitive Chem bench of Ark but thats just an idea.

I hate to admit it but I do like the idea of the pearl being ammo for a trilobite. It fits perfectly, to Pelt your enemies with the very things they hunt you for. I'd keep that to the industrial or Tek saddles though. 

While I like the idea of shock resistance in Ark I would much prefer if it was possible to use the creature to give other creatures that ability, or get a resource than can be used like a stew to actually defend from those things. Like a sort of temporary shock buffer or such or some sort of barrier or insulation that prevents it.

Super good feedback, thanks for the ideas :)

I feel like giving it the ability to roll across the surface of water (because I think roll rats stop rolling when they hit water) or giving it a pack buff with other Motobites *and* Rollrats would really help either separate it from a roll rat like a "baby's first roll rat" or give it a connection to the roll rat so taming both would be better than just taming one or the other.

Of course, shrinking it down to be slightly smaller than a human could help in distinguishing the two creatures apart. The roll rat is about twice as big as a human, so having the Motobite being 50% or 75% of a human makes it slightly more unique.

Also, giving it a normal saddle and a tek saddle would be interesting.

The normal saddle could resemble one of those drift trikes with the Motobite as the front wheel and two wooden wheels behind the player, but the Tek saddle would have the Motobite as the back wheel of a futuristic motorcycle with two front wheels, with some kind of firearm between the front wheels so the player can drift in a circle around their target and fire at it.

The first saddle is more for speed and drifting than attacking (including having leather innertubes for the back tires so it can float on water with a rider), but the Tek saddle literally pulls out the big guns and getting a jet boost (at the cost of being slightly slower and sinking into the water if not boosting).

Examples of what I meant for the primitive saddle's design (with the Motobite as the front wheel):

images.jpeg.7f0feecbb4430438a0cb1f93ec818c3d.jpeg

HTB1pu7PaITxK1Rjy0Fgq6yovpXa7.jpg.f847a6d8752abd6d65a788433fb5e5dc.jpg

And what I picture the Tek saddle (with the Motobite as the back wheel) to look like:

OP5IBTL6YR3JTOHHUYNFSCIVSY.jpg.88a9b04c2a791429f9e4dcd04695e04d.jpg

Roll rats are the steam rollers of ark, so really prop the Motobite up as the motorcycle to differentiate them more.

Just a couple additional suggestions for its abilities, and the images aren't mine or what I think the saddles would look like exactly; just what the overall design would look like. Hopefully someone more artistically inclined could whip up a concept for the different saddles I suggested.