TERATERPETON
UkH-ghgz47qQY4zpUrjPMjnCVvqJ-VnWfcVlEINUAddd2guRv1CUOZ4RG2rnGTHFhKkG4E_DsYs7E7WAyyhGZQRir8fkbK6_K-FDxI2orVlw1HFXleSiPA_24UP5lU83boz7FVOiU_8dj0KG

Abilities:

Primary attack: Bite/Snatch
Teraterpeton has a standard bite attack. However, by holding down the primary attack button you will charge a close range grabbing attack. This ability works on creatures up to the size of an Ovis. You can use the snatch offensively to grab shoulder pets off of survivors.

First ability: Impaling tongue
Teraterpeton’s tongue is sharp, strong, and dripping with venom. This venom allows Teraterpeton to disable the abilities of creatures for a time. While pierced by the tongue Creatures up to a medium size can be completely prevented from fleeing, but larger creatures can be slowed or stopped depending how many Teraterpeton are using Impaling tongue.

.0Xi8My3It5YsfEgdDnQwvqoKzIwJgUfd_a5CANgMiIQC9-cSzeNomaCkZ6fb6WFwg9CZlK4qn6jDERCQHGqZ12M6b8ZybqK4Fh-YtCnKHbuXuTXGwOl5k9AxMEAFeQ3tsFDh-UE-jiRyB34v

All sensing tongue is great for tracking creatures and resources. Using this ability will reveal the creatures (including their levels) and resource veins around you within a large radius.

Third ability Crawling earth
Teraterpeton is able to climb and is relatively quiet compared to other climbers. While climbing, Teraterpeton is able to use Impaling Tongue to drag small creatures into its mouth. 

Passive ability: Resistant scales
Every once in a while Teraterpeton will shed its skin; this skin can be found inside of its inventory and can be crafted into cloaks which provide 50% resistance to torpor draining attacks and acid attacks.

Wild Behavior:

Teraterpeton stalks cloaked in the shadows of Aberration’s great roots. While hunting, they hide in darkness, waiting for prey to pass. When a mark walks by, Teraterpeton packs spring their trap! A flurry of tongues descend upon the prey, immobilizing the beast while the rest of the pack tears it to shreds. Teraterpeton babies can be found on the backs of females, watching the adults hunt. If the female they are riding on is killed they will quickly run away but can still be tamed using the methods listed below.

Taming:

Tranquilizers have no effect on Teraterpeton, instead, by throwing enough plant species Z fruit at a Teraterpeton it will begin to recognize the survivor as a consistent source of food (similar to how ducks respond to humans). After this has been achieved, the Teraterpeton will become passive to the player and respond to traditional passive taming methods, its favorite foods being mutton and plant species Z seeds.

Tamed:

When tamed, Teraterpeton make great pets for hunters and group explorers. They benefit greatly from pack mentality and can take down the largest prey when together. Their saddle allows the survivor to craft the aforementioned cloak.
image.png

Additional Information:

Teraterpeton is approximately Thylacoleo height and Carnotarus length.
Teraterpeton has similar speed to a raptor.
Teraterpeton lives in dark areas of the Green Zone and some areas of the Bioluminescent Zone.
Teraterpeton is inspired by multiple creatures including the Argentine Giant Tegu, Giant anteaters, Komodo dragons,  Canada goose, Cuban false chameleon, Three toed woodpecker, and Spoonbill duck.

Conclusion:

Teraterpeton is a fun new way to help assist with creature abilities
An excellent addition to keep you on your toes in the caverns of Aberration!
And if you like Teraterpeton make sure to…

DZNn1yUUajhU7C0yLqZBpxJsTQiUa8h-nYByNv4DN1-eU0j_0KpDaASd0IUOnwlip_aMFHtcgnkp7mL93SE-PQrXwvnJhVqPw7tO0eF5Z7XtceX4E7tZur1hwTSE7mGxrfxd4gUL5D7GJnuw

Credits:

Art by @Annoyed_Persistence on Instagram, and Lapis Lazuli
Dossier editing by Lapis Lazuli
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teraterpeton

Edited by Newt2005

• Newt2005 changed the title to Teraterpeton The Crawler

Glad to see you return with your proposal! Teraterpeton is a perfect addition to the Abberation Roster! Will be having my vote and number one place for top 10! 

If it’s okay I’m going to repost my one (rather large) suggestion regarding taming methods that I posted on your previous post.

-PARASITE TAMING: I love knock out tames as much as the next person but as we go on and see some cool new methods of taming being introduced, I would be interested in seeing something unique for the Tereterpton. I have my own idea but it would require some slight changes to their initially proposed nature and could be considered a little vile.
What makes this animal unique is its lack of teeth in the front segment of its jaw, indication that this animal was certainly not an active predator. My go to would be an insectivore, however the implementation of a piercing proboscis like tongue could be interpreted as a Sanguivore, much like the Bloodstalker and Desmodus, so you could go for a similar taming method like them, but what if we went even more unique? What if instead in the ARKs, Teraterpeton's fed on stomach content? Using their proboscis tongues, their pierce through the organ walls and suck out the half digested food of their victims, leaving them in a dazed state with stamina and food drained. From there you could make a taming method similar to the Sanguivores, but instead focus on unique foods rather than blood (a potential for each individual having preferred diets even?)
This idea obviously doesn't need to be taken into consideration, as I believe your idea is just as good as well, however I am always keen to see what new and crazy ways we can collect creatures in the ARKs and with the newly described Rhyniognatha breeding method, its good to see the devs embrace the sometimes not so pretty side of the ecosystem!

12 hours ago, Newt2005 said:

TERATERPETON
UkH-ghgz47qQY4zpUrjPMjnCVvqJ-VnWfcVleINUAddd2guRv1CUOZ4RG2rnGTHFhKkG4E_DsYs7E7WAyyhGZQRir8fkbK6_K-FDxI2orVlw1HFXleSiPA_24UP5lU83boz7FVOiU_8dj0K Г

Abilities:

Primary attack: Bite/Snatch
Teraterpeton has a standard bite attack. However, by holding down the primary attack button you will charge a close range grabbing attack. This ability works on creatures up to the size of an Ovis. You can use the snatch offensively to grab shoulder pets off of survivors.

First ability: Impaling tongue
Teraterpeton’s tongue is sharp, strong, and dripping with venom. This venom allows Teraterpeton to disable the abilities of creatures for a time. While pierced by the tongue Creatures up to a medium size can be completely prevented from fleeing, but larger creatures can be slowed or stopped depending how many Teraterpeton are using Impaling tongue.

.0Xi8My3It5YsfEgdDnQwvqoKzIwJgUfd_a5CANgMiIQC9-cSzeNomaCkZ6fb6WFwg9CZlK4qn6jDERCQHGqZ12M6b8ZybqK4Fh-YtCnKHbuXuTXGwOl5k9AxMEAFeQ3tsFDh-UE-ji РыБ34в

All sensing tongue is great for tracking creatures and resources. Using this ability will reveal the creatures (including their levels) and resource veins around you within a large radius.

Third ability Crawling earth
Teraterpeton is able to climb and is relatively quiet compared to other climbers. While climbing, Teraterpeton is able to use Impaling Tongue to drag small creatures into its mouth. 

Passive ability: Resistant scales
Every once in a while Teraterpeton will shed its skin; this skin can be found inside of its inventory and can be crafted into cloaks which provide 50% resistance to torpor draining attacks and acid attacks.

Wild Behavior:

Teraterpeton stalks cloaked in the shadows of Aberration’s great roots. While hunting, they hide in darkness, waiting for prey to pass. When a mark walks by, Teraterpeton packs spring their trap! A flurry of tongues descend upon the prey, immobilizing the beast while the rest of the pack tears it to shreds. Teraterpeton babies can be found on the backs of females, watching the adults hunt. If the female they are riding on is killed they will quickly run away but can still be tamed using the methods listed below.

Taming:

Tranquilizers have no effect on Teraterpeton, instead, by throwing enough plant species Z fruit at a Teraterpeton it will begin to recognize the survivor as a consistent source of food (similar to how ducks respond to humans). After this has been achieved, the Teraterpeton will become passive to the player and respond to traditional passive taming methods, its favorite foods being mutton and plant species Z seeds.

Tamed:

When tamed, Teraterpeton make great pets for hunters and group explorers. They benefit greatly from pack mentality and can take down the largest prey when together. Their saddle allows the survivor to craft the aforementioned cloak.

Additional Information:

Тератерпетон примерно равен высоте Тилаколео и длине Карнотара.
Тератерпетон имеет скорость, подобную хищнику.
Тератерпетон обитает в темных областях Зеленой зоны и некоторых районах Биолюминесцентной зоны.
Тератерпетон вдохновлен несколькими существами, включая аргентинского гигантского тегу, гигантских муравьедов, варанов Комодо, канадского гуся, кубинского ложного хамелеона, трехпалого дятла и утки-колпицы.

Заключение:

Тератерпетон — новый интересный способ помочь со способностями существ.
Отличное дополнение, чтобы держать вас в напряжении в пещерах Аберрации!
И если вам нравится Тератерпетон, обязательно…

DZNn1yUUajhU7C0yLqZBpxJsTQiUa8h-nYByNv4DN1-eU0j_0KpDaASd0IUOnwlip_amFHtcgnkp7mL93SE-PQrXwvnJhVqPw7tO0eF5Z7XtceX4E7tZur1hwTSE7mGxrfxd4g UL5D7GJнов

Кредиты:

Искусство @Annoyed_Persistence в Instagram
Редактирование досье Lapis Lazuli
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teraterpeton

OMG!!!

Dude
Did you really bring back this creature from the voting for the Scorched Earth map?!

This is one of my favorite creatures for the Aberration map.
I LOVE THIS
Thanks

❤️❤️❤️

• Newt2005 changed the title to Teraterpeton The Crawler (NEW ART)