Suggestion

IMG_0183.jpg

Estemmenosuchus(meaning "crowned crocodile" in Greek) is a therapsid from the middle permian of Russia that existed around 267 million years ago…

In the world of Ark: Survival Ascended, taming the Estemmenosuchus proves to be a strategic choice for early to late game players exploring the challenging Aberration map. This versatile dinosaur possesses unique abilities that make it an essential asset in combat situations, particularly when dealing with formidable adversaries such as reapers and nameless.

The Estemmenosuchus possesses exceptional offensive and defensive capabilities, allowing survivors to swiftly eliminate threats in a quick and efficient manner. One of its standout features is its ability to consume congealed gas, which grants it the power to puff up its body. This inflation creates a potent buff to its attacking and defensive prowess, enabling it to deliver devastating blows to opponents and withstand considerable damage.

However, what truly sets the Estemmenosuchus apart is its special ability to harness the accumulated gas within its body and utilize it in a stunning fashion. Similar to a photo camera's flash, the Estemmenosuchus can release bursts of gas, creating powerful flashbang-like effects. These explosive emissions temporarily disoriented and stun enemy dinosaurs.

So, if you're seeking a formidable dinosaur ally capable of traversing and dealing with all kinds of threats Aberration can throw at you, taming the Estemmenosuchus should be a top priority in Ark: Survival Ascended on the Aberration map.

Abilities

• Gassed - The biggest ability Estemmenosuchus possesses. When fed congealed gas balls, Estemmenosuchus grows in size, increasing damage dealt and decreasing damage taken. Having this ability will also grant access to the (Flashbang) ability. [ when Gassed certain parts of Estemmeno glows ]

• Flashbang - Estemmenosuchus uses the built of gas in its system to release a flash of light causing creatures to go blind for a few seconds. Being extra effective to Reapers and Nameless causing them to take more incoming damage from you our allies attacks. 

• immune to radiation - self explanatory

Mobility

• Climb - Estemmenosuchus is able climb up sheer rock walls (Ferox climb nothing too crazy)[Gassed only]

• Boost - While gassed, Estemmenosuchus can propel itself forward (drains Gassed meter)[Gassed only]

Edit: People have been asking for the deflated concept art so here you go.

IMG_0186.jpg

Saddle Concept : 

IMG_0184.jpg

Has a Reflective shield that protects the rider from Enemy Estemmeno Flashes 

Edited by Ru5ty1738
  • Like 2

54 replies to this server topic

Il y a 11 heures, GemX a dit :

Quelqu'un sait pourquoi je ne peux pas voter

For those who can't vote, you have to write comments on forums, submissions,... on community crunch, WC said 6 comments were needed but I see people saying 12, personally I have 9 and I can vote

Il y a 13 heures, TristanBuff a dit :

J'aime vraiment ça, je voterais si je pouvais

Having a creature use gas balls is a pretty unique concept compared to all the charge light related submissions but it kinda ruins it a bit by incorporating said charge light into the flashbang attack.

I suggest dropping the charge light effect and add a suffocating effect to the "flashbang" attack similar to what happens when a player gets to close to a busting gas vein.

To keep the anti reaper/nameless nature of the attack, just make it bypass their armor like the basilisk spit can.

It's otherwise a pretty fitting and unique idea that doesn't suffer from ability bloat like many other suggestions.

Being honest, we need animals from other places like Russia itself, we only have Asia (excluding Russia), Europe and North America, I know there are many animals from Africa and Latin America, but where is an Australovenator, a Scutosaurus, Irritator and even Estemmenosuchus, so my vote goes to you Estemmeno.