1336805431_GorgonopsDossier.jpg.a47e4f12205eeb47c5f1d23b96b1aebc.jpg

(Massive Shoutout to the user TheCornSnake For his AMAZING suggestion of the weather effects, All credit goes to them. I've gona ahead and changed some of info to have it better fit the game mechanics. Happy Voting everyone!)

(Added a Dossier! Sorry if it looks rushed, I have very little exeperience with gimp ^^;)

Gorgonopsid

Species: Gorgonops tempestomodus

Time: Permian

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Weather-dependent

Wild

While traveling the dunes of the desert, I never once thought I would come face to face with a Gorgonops! The one that I had encountered was far larger than any on the fossil records. Though I was a bit perplexed as to why it didnt attack me outright. It wasnt until I kept a close eye that I noticed it seemed to change behavior depending on the weather condition. Extreme heat agitated it and seemed to gain an increase in power though it calmed down when it chased me towards an Oasis, Electrical storms frightened it and seemed to become even more passive, but sandstorms is where this beast really shined. Its coloration allowed it to seemlessly blend in with the storm itself. Absolutely marvelous! My best advice is to not be around the beast during the strange weather patterns. Curiously, this creature has a pention for hunting down the deadliest creature in the dunes, Deathworms

Domesticated

Taming a Gorgonops can be a rather finicky endevour. From what other survivors have told me, It can only be tamed during the weather events on this Ark. Strewth! But should you consider yourself lucky to tame one, you will find one of best mounts one could ask for. While tamed, the weather conditions seem to amplify certain aspects of the creature. Heatwaves give it more strength, health, and grant the rider protection from the harsh heat. During a thunderstorm, the beasts speed and stamina are greatly increased, allowing for a fast method of travel across the vast desert dunes. While Sandstorms give this creature the ability to camoflauge with the storm itself, giving both it and its rider the element of surprise on would be attackers. I've seen clever survivors using its scent ability to find Deathworms and Oasis' while out on their travels.

Taming

Gorgonops can only be tamed during a weather event, and the type of weather determines the method. While Deathworms are its favorite food, Dead or Alive, others types of meat will suffice.

Ordinary Weather – Gorgonops is solitary and wont attack unless provoked. Make yourself appear as a worthy challenge by attacking it! It will then respond back with a roar, accepting your invitation. Impress this beast with you skills be they swords, guns, or your own two fists!

Heatwave  Gorgonops is irritated and needs to cool down!! If you're fast enough, try leading it to an oasis! Drinking the water will calm it down, allowing you passive feed it deathworm horns and other types of meat

Electrical storms  Gorgonops doesn’t like the lightning, it needs comforting! Give the creature some loving pats and feed it treats like raw meat and raw prime.

Sandstorm – help Gorgonops fulfil its need to hunt. Should one lure it to Deathworms and aid it in battle, You will find this creature growing more fond of you and may ocassionally ask for treats! These treats will heal the creature and increase taming!

Tamed Abilities

While riding Gorgonops, the player receives increased heat insulation and reduced water drain, and will also receive no penalty from weather events: so no stamina drain during sandstorms, no damage taken during a heatwave, and can still use electrical weapons (while mounted) during an electrical storm.

During normal weather conditions, I envisage Gorgonops to be an upper-middle tier carnivore. It’s main benefits would be the aforementioned passive buffs, as well as a sniff ability which detects buried animals (deathworms) and highlights nearby water sources. The scent ability could definitely be expanded based on other's suggestions.

Weather changes gameplay…

Heatwave – now more aggressive, Gorgonops has greater damage and health regen, and gains a modified bleed which targets stamina on tamed creatures and water/water regen on players. This is the fighting-form of the creature, and should be approximately equivalent to rex/spino in power.

Electrical storm – Speed and stamina are now greatly increased. This is a traversal mode, and with the ability to keep using advanced weapons, might make a good scout.

Sandstorm  Gorgonops does not lose stamina and gets a passive detection which highlights nearby creatures (thus alleviating the reduced visibility). It also gets a stealth mode, similar to the rock drake, representing its ability to camouflage itself within the storm. This would make the creature great for stalking and picking off stranded players and tames. However this can seen through things like the Parasaurus creature detection and outline through a Tek Helmet.

Aditional notes:

-You can breed them

-Can you use them for boss fights? Of course you can!

-Whats the size of this lad? Well I imagine it being somwhere around the size of a Shadowmane. Possibly be somewhat larger.

-Wouldnt this guy be useless on other maps? Not necesarily! Even without its unique abilities Gorgonops can still be a powerhouse should it be included on other maps.

-Similar to creatures like the Megatherium, Calicotherium, and Shadowmane, I envision this creature to have unique idle animations and and like the megatherium and shadowmane it can be told to lay down.

-If other information needs to referenced for the creature he is the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inostrancevia.

Edited by SpyroTheArtist
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1

Dossier

Species: Gorgonops occisor

Wild: Gorgonops occisor, commonly referred to as Gorgonops, is a mid-sized gorgonopsian that roams the sand dunes and canyons looking for its next meal. When hunting, it uses its strong sense of smell to locate prey and its sandy colouration to camouflage with its desert home. When it spots its prey, it uses its long legs to charge in and uses its 40cm long skull to deliver a horrific wound that leaves the prey bleeding. It will relentlessly attack its prey with its jaws and claws until the prey can no longer defend itself.

Domesticated: Many tribes will utilise the sheer raw power of this formidable beast to raid rivals and to carry home the spoils. The Gorgonops' unmatched sense of smell can detect hidden creatures and people who might be waiting in ambush and its sandy colouration can turn the would be attackers into the attacked. It can also sniff out rare items and creatures for its allies to collect or kill. Trribes will use the Gorgonops' formidable jaws to tear down walls and shred flesh.

Taming: To tame a gorgonops, you will need to drag a corpse over for it to feed on. As it feeds you need to defend it from would be attackers. If it finishes the corpse before it finishes taming, it may walk up to you for more food, if so then feed it meat of any kind. If it runs toward you, hide or bring it a new corpse. If it ignores you, bring it a new corpse and protect it. The larger the corpse, the better.

In Game

Gorgonops will spawn in the sand dunes and canyons of Scorched Earth

Attacks include

1. Bite- deals average damage, minor bleed

2. Swipe- swipes with claws, does average damage, quick cooldown

3. Charge- gorgonops will charge at a target with its jaws wide open and if it hits the target deals huge damage and bleed

4. Sniff- smells the air and, depending what it's set to, will highlight all targets in a certain radius

Scent ability can target creatures and players, explorer notes or loot drops, artifacts, structures. They are highlighted in a spherical radius from the gorgonops.

High stamina

High damage

Weight reduction on meat, prime meat, pelt, hide, keratin, sand

Feel free to comment on what else I could add or change

Picture is from Walking with Monstersimages (2).jpeg

Edited by Thyla0
Forgot to add a taming method

Most credit goes to the previous creator 

Gorgonopsids, named after the Gorgon of Greek myth, were a group of predatory stem-mammals that lived before the dinosaurs during the Permian period. Related to Purlovia, they were the top predators of their time.

Also, if you did not know. This is the ONLY creature ARK has confirmed to appear that never did. Back in ARK’s early days there was a list of all the creatures they planned to add on Steam. All of the creatures on that list were added eventually, with the exception of the Gorgonopsid. The gorgonopsid used to share this title of “Forgotten Creature” with the Giant Crab, but Karkinos has been added in Aberration.

In-game Name: Gorgonopsid

Dossier Statistics -

Species: Inostrancevia ______________

Time: Late Permian

Temperament: Aggressive

It is a mid-tier tame, being a decently powerful mount similar in scale to Thylacoleo. However, the gorgonopsid also has a very specific but incredibly useful ability.

This gorgonopsid would have the strongest sense of smell on the ARK, able to use its nose for a variety of different uses.

Ability 1: Tracking

By holding the sniffing ability, a crosshair will appear on the rider’s screen. When released onto a creature in sight, regardless of what it is, where it is, or who it belongs to, the Gorgonopsid will be able to tell its general direction, allowing the rider to track this creature across the map, regardless of its location.

This can act as a more organic form of the transponder, as you could give the gorgonopsid the scent of your flyer before you travel. In the event you die but your flyer lives and buzzed off somewhere unknown, you can take out your gorgonopsid to find it.

This also has utility in PvP, since this ability can identify and track enemies from a far distance without their knowledge, for the most part. Players will be completely unaware of their tames being tracked, but players will be notified if a gorgonopsid is specifically tracking their character. Another counter is that gorgonopsids lose the scent if the creature they’re tracking is put into a cryopod. Gorgonopsids will remember their last scent if they themselves are put in cryopods, however.

Ability 2: High-Level Tame Finding

While there are creatures like the glow pets that have the ability to detect high level creatures in the area, gorgonopsids have a similar ability that is more direct. When using this ability, the gorgonopsid will show the direction of the highest level creature within a certain radius of itself, and is highlighted to the rider upon being viewed directly. This ability can be refreshed by using the ability again, and the target will change if a higher level creature has moved within range.

Ability 3: Wounding Bite

With a particularly powerful bite of its saber teeth, the Gorgonopsid leaves a wound upon the creature it attacked. This does not act like the bleed status, but it does give the gorgonopsid a much stronger scent to follow, allowing the rider to track the creature with much better accuracy than merely gaining the scent from afar. On top of this, since the Gorgonopsid has a much stronger scent from the wound, it allows the rider to see the stats of the wounded creature, akin to an organic and more widespread form of the HLN-A. This would be invaluable when looking to tame certain creatures or scouting for weaknesses in the mist of a battle.

Bonus Ability Proposal: Sensory Support

Acting as a companion to other tames, the gorgonopsid could greatly extend the range of nearby creatures with similar sensory abilities, like those of the Fjordhawk, Parasaur, Dire Wolves, Troodon, and others.

Community Suggested Abilities:

-Able to sniff out explosives and other hazards.

-Able to sniff out explorer notes (A suggestion by the Myotragus creator. Shoutout to Myotragus!)

-High Jump to aid in exploration and tracking across rough terrain

-Armor Piercing or bleed due to its saber teeth

-Senses and warns of creatures in ambush (Thylacoleo/Purlovia).

-A stealth ability to sneak up on or sneak past creatures and tames.

-Other ways of tracking:

-Using the scent of eggs/tames/dermis to be able to track specific species of creatures in the wild

-Using the scent of stolen items/creatures to track down their original owners

-The wounding bite was a community suggestion that was so good that I had to make it one of the main requested abilities. Thank you all!

If you guys have any other ideas based around the theming, please post it down below and I'll include it in this suggestion! I think it’d be a fun way to bring this forgotten creature back to ARK!

Large enough for a saddle but small enough for an early cave mount.  Able to jump medium distances and use the saddle as a mortar and pestle.  Although alone in the wild when in a pack no larger than four, are given a damage resistance and slight bleed. (If there is already a submission I didn’t see please vote for them instead)

I really hope a gorgonopsid makes it into the game, I'm still disappointed it wasn't added when it was in the original ark lineup. The last creature vote was pretty disheartening considering so many people kept saying it is another dog-like creature and they didn't want it for that reason when in reality they are such unique and interesting creatures. I wish people would look past the fact that it slightly resembles a canine and actually look a just how unique these creatures are in reality. I am personally pretty over massively oversized insects and bugs at this point. I have been dying for gorgonopsids to be added, they are probably one of my favourite extinct group of creatures. Honestly I feel like Permian creatures have been done pretty dirty in general with Ark, considering animals from that period were so odd and unique. I would love to have a Permian creature actually done well and I feel that a species of gorgonopsid could be done really well and could be extremely useful. 

An idea I had considered suggesting for the gorgonopsid last time after it being referred to as the bloodhound of Ark was maybe a sort of lock on scent feature. This could be useful for PvP and PvE in the moment and when things get a bit crazy and it is hard to keep track of a specific player or creature. So you could have it lock onto a specific single target that is currently visible to you or in range of you and your gorgonopsid for it to be able to catch it's scent (another player, a wild dino, etc.) and it will single out and be able to track the specific target's scent. This could be done for example by highlighting a coloured smoke-like scent trail that is visible to the player only when they are riding the creature (or done in some sort of view like the snow owl that you can toggle on or off in a similar way again while riding it). It could be handy in the moment if you are chasing a tame you are trying to knock out or as a way to keep track of a passive tame that moves around a lot. To add to Spyro's bleed idea, maybe this could also work without biting it and causing bleed, but the target can't be tracked for as long as it would be if it were bleeding. So maybe there could be a timer for how long the scent trails last and if they are bleeding the timer lasts longer. That way it could be used to track potential tames without having to hurt them and would make it useful for both PvP and PvE.

For PvP this could be super useful in tracking down people who might be fleeing from you in a battle. You can either lock on without bleed or lock on with bleed, meaning you could still have the chance to track them even if you didn't manage to get a bite in at first. That way they can't easily give you the slip in the heat of things and then hunker down and hide until things calm down. If you had locked onto them with your gorgonopsid you could then continue to hunt them down, even if it seems that they have escaped from you because you can't see them anymore. If you didn't get the bleed though the time you have to track their scent would again be less than if you manged to get a bite and bleed going. It would probably be good to have some sort of cooldown too to prevent players from constantly spamming the scent tracking feature which would then make it too hard for the other player to escape.

Edited by TheCrabLord
Typo

I’ve wanted this creature since it was first discussed in early access (I’ve sent three votes it’s way too XD), and I think it’s a natural choice for SE, being found in arid/semi-arid environments. I’ve tried to build my suggestion around the weather mechanics, as I’ve always found it odd that SE creatures don’t have abilities which interact with the various environmental effects of SE, as that’s a core theme of the DLC. Therefore, this Gorgonops remains a capable predator, but its specific abilities change with the weather, so that the extremes of SE becomes advantageous. While I've not really looked at scent-related abilities (which are quite a popular idea for this creature), I think they would still be very compatible with my ideas.

Gorgonopsid

Species: Gorgonops tempestomodus

Wild

Can be found in the dunes as an infrequent spawn. Despite being a dangerous predator, it is passive unless provoked.

It has a great sense of smell and is a natural predator of the deathworm – this Gorgonops should be ark-sized and not life-sized ;)

Though normally passive, it is prone to weather-dependent mood swings, which influence its behaviour. During heatwaves, Gorgonops becomes irritable and aggressive, which makes it hostile towards anything nearby; electrical storms spook the animal, making it incredibly flighty; while sandstorms spike it’s focus into hunting deathworms, causing it to lose interest in anything else and periodically ‘vanish off into the storm’.

Taming

Gorgonops can only be tamed during a weather event, and the type of weather determines the method. It only accepts deathworms, either dead or alive, for a taming food.

HeatwaveGorgonops is irritated and needs to cool down!! I think there should be a new water balloon item (or similar), which could be thrown at the animal to cool it off. Once calmed, passive tame on deathworm horns.

Electrical stormsGorgonops doesn’t like the lightning, it needs comforting XD. Try whispering some calming words + feeding treats, this could work similar to the horse.

Sandstorm – help Gorgonops fulfil its need to hunt. Only a mighty prize might distract it from its focused state (an alpha deathworm trophy could work!). If convinced, you will need to take Gorgonops to find and kill deathworms until its satisfied.

All of these taming methods are similar to existing ones, but I feel having something different for each weather type adds a nice flavour to the creature, as well as providing something specific to do during the weather events.

Tamed Abilities

While riding Gorgonops, the player receives increased heat insulation and reduced water drain, and will also receive no penalty from weather events: so no stamina drain during sandstorms, no damage taken during a heatwave, and can still use electrical weapons (while mounted) during an electrical storm.

During normal weather conditions, I envisage Gorgonops to be an upper-middle tier carnivore. It’s main benefits would be the aforementioned passive buffs, as well as a sniff ability which detects buried animals (deathworms) and highlights nearby water sources. The scent ability could definitely be expanded based on other's suggestions.

Heatwave – now more aggressive, Gorgonops has greater damage and health regen, and gains a modified bleed which targets stamina on tamed creatures and water/water regen on players. This is the fighting-form of the creature, and should be approximately equivalent to rex/spino in power.

Electrical storm – Speed and stamina are now greatly increased. This is a traversal mode, and with the ability to keep using advanced weapons, might make a good scout.

SandstormGorgonops does not lose stamina and gets a passive detection which highlights nearby creatures (thus alleviating the reduced visibility). It also gets a stealth mode, similar to the rock drake, representing its ability to camouflage itself within the storm. This would make the creature great for stalking and picking off stranded players and tames.

The biggest known confidentially described and studied Gorgonopsid is Inostrancevia. But in the mid 2000s, Primeval and Walking with Monsters, based on my deep research on the internet and contrary to popular online fan belief, the large Gongonopsian in those shows is based on a species from the Gorgonops genus: G.longifrons (at least for Primeval explicitly from what I can find). Because the longifrons species, though only known from an incomplete skull, was thought to be larger than the typical Gorgonops size. But no furthers study papers or formal contrary opinions exist on the internet, presumably because nothing's been done to do so yet.

Edited by gabeluna27
added more details

I love the weather buff ideas and how versatile and unique it would make this creature. I'm really hoping the Gorgonopsid makes it this time! Please @SpyroTheArtist, add these weather buff ideas to your main post. I think it would really put it in the spotlight and highlight this creature as really belonging on Scorched Earth. 

On 4/8/2023 at 8:44 AM, TheCornSnake said:

I’ve wanted this creature since it was first discussed in early access (I’ve sent three votes it’s way too XD), and I think it’s a natural choice for SE, being found in arid/semi-arid environments. I’ve tried to build my suggestion around the weather mechanics, as I’ve always found it odd that SE creatures don’t have abilities which interact with the various environmental effects of SE, as that’s a core theme of the DLC. Therefore, this Gorgonops remains a capable predator, but its specific abilities change with the weather, so that the extremes of SE becomes advantageous. While I've not really looked at scent-related abilities (which are quite a popular idea for this creature), I think they would still be very compatible with my ideas.

Gorgonopsid

Species: Gorgonops tempestomodus

Wild

Can be found in the dunes as an infrequent spawn. Despite being a dangerous predator, it is passive unless provoked.

It has a great sense of smell and is a natural predator of the deathworm – this Gorgonops should be ark-sized and not life-sized ;)

Though normally passive, it is prone to weather-dependent mood swings, which influence its behaviour. During heatwaves, Gorgonops becomes irritable and aggressive, which makes it hostile towards anything nearby; electrical storms spook the animal, making it incredibly flighty; while sandstorms spike it’s focus into hunting deathworms, causing it to lose interest in anything else and periodically ‘vanish off into the storm’.

Taming

Gorgonops can only be tamed during a weather event, and the type of weather determines the method. It only accepts deathworms, either dead or alive, for a taming food.

HeatwaveGorgonops is irritated and needs to cool down!! I think there should be a new water balloon item (or similar), which could be thrown at the animal to cool it off. Once calmed, passive tame on deathworm horns.

Electrical stormsGorgonops doesn’t like the lightning, it needs comforting XD. Try whispering some calming words + feeding treats, this could work similar to the horse.

Sandstorm – help Gorgonops fulfil its need to hunt. Only a mighty prize might distract it from its focused state (an alpha deathworm trophy could work!). If convinced, you will need to take Gorgonops to find and kill deathworms until its satisfied.

All of these taming methods are similar to existing ones, but I feel having something different for each weather type adds a nice flavour to the creature, as well as providing something specific to do during the weather events.

Tamed Abilities

While riding Gorgonops, the player receives increased heat insulation and reduced water drain, and will also receive no penalty from weather events: so no stamina drain during sandstorms, no damage taken during a heatwave, and can still use electrical weapons (while mounted) during an electrical storm.

During normal weather conditions, I envisage Gorgonops to be an upper-middle tier carnivore. It’s main benefits would be the aforementioned passive buffs, as well as a sniff ability which detects buried animals (deathworms) and highlights nearby water sources. The scent ability could definitely be expanded based on other's suggestions.

Heatwave – now more aggressive, Gorgonops has greater damage and health regen, and gains a modified bleed which targets stamina on tamed creatures and water/water regen on players. This is the fighting-form of the creature, and should be approximately equivalent to rex/spino in power.

Electrical storm – Speed and stamina are now greatly increased. This is a traversal mode, and with the ability to keep using advanced weapons, might make a good scout.

SandstormGorgonops does not lose stamina and gets a passive detection which highlights nearby creatures (thus alleviating the reduced visibility). It also gets a stealth mode, similar to the rock drake, representing its ability to camouflage itself within the storm. This would make the creature great for stalking and picking off stranded players and tames.

Made this the submission. Your submission is honestly AMAZING. Though I did make a few edits to help it fit with the games mechanics. Hope you dont mind ^^;.

Edited by SpyroTheArtist

• SpyroTheArtist changed the title to Gorgonops, A Powerful Deathworm Hunter and Weather Counter (Dossier!)

Gorgonops.webp.afd8bd60954609e938f98380b6d0b5b9.webp

I present to you a very dangerous creature gorgonops. This is a large predator that lived in Africa. In the game, I want to present him as a PVP beast. He is able to jump far and run fast. One of his main abilities is invulnerability to sandstorms, so your frequent problem will be solved. On Scorched Earth, gorgonops is a hunter of morelatops, even tamed ones! He also has a very strong damage, which is stronger even than Rex. Together with a strong attack, it imposes very heavy bleeding. This bleeding is very different from the usual one! Firstly, it removes health as a percentage, and secondly, after the bite, when the victim runs away, the bleeding increases! HIS STRONGEST ABILITY is to find the supplied C4 and explosives! Also, after the bite, if the victim ran away, the gorgonops can track her by the smell, which lasts 15 minutes. He can feel the turrets. Rage can replenish his damage and armor. 

I hope you like it! There is also additional information on this beast:

ujhujy.jpg.918a3722830687dbb2c1ac6270dbceb2.jpg

information

Group: animal

Diet: carnivore

temperament: aggressive

Saddle

The gorgonops saddle will look cool: it is covered with bone growths, which can protect the player from vultures.

Taming

The taming of the gorgonops is interesting. You need to drive him into a trap and bring him a live tamed animal (preferably medium-sized) and when the pet is attacked, you have to shoot him in the head and when he roars, put special food in his mouth. Be careful! don't overdo it with shots! Also, do not lower his health below 15%! Otherwise he will start destroying the trap. The taming process has to go during a sandstorm! It is possible on a bright day, but the taming speed will decrease significantly.

Loot

30px-Hide.webp.adb56145f9b70943463b283cdce16b1a.webp Hide

30px-Raw_Meat.webp.cf1e47ba661822991f2b192a5f71874a.webp  Raw Meat

30px-Raw_Prime_Meat.webp.a8b6ee7ee4ed089f0a5ea397546c8707.webp Raw Prime Meat

30px-Keratin.webp.fcdfacdb712c2be201ecacf252d9b605.webp Keratin

228px-Gorgonops.webp.d9c90527e247e9547ed4397ba7315be5.webp Gorgonops Tooth

Abilities

20px-Keyboard_White_Mouse_Left.png.228f2285d1b94b7b82631e9d9728513d.pngBite with bleeding

20px-Keyboard_White_Mouse_Right.webp.d94cd3e54c9ea0bfaed05e0bddd0e4a8.webpBite from the paw

С The roar is frightening

X Looking for bombs

Alt A powerful blow

Ctrl Overclocking (after rage)

Z Stuns dino and the player with bite

That's it! Information about the gorgonops is taken from Gorgonops

😄

Hello!

I've seen a bunch of people wanting a gorgonopsid in the game.
I've always wanted to combine one with the skull of a hippo, so I present to you, the Gorgonopsia Hippopotamidae, commonly known as the Gorgon!

Dossier:

Common name: Gorgon

Species: Gorgonopsia Hippopotamidae

Time: Middle Permian

Temperament: Aggressive

Description:

This saber-toothed therapsid is found on land as well as water. It has the skull structure og a hippo, and is able to hold it’s breath for up to 7 minutes underwater.

Gorgons are extremely tough with a high metabolism, which make them perfect fighters if you prioritize strength.

A full-grown Gorgon can be 4-5 meters in length and 1.5-2 meters in height.

Large canine teeth and long curved tusks makes for a fatal, bone-crushing bite

Wild: Gorgons are rapid swimmers, and often hunt large fish. While not as territorial on land, they are extremely territorial in water. Most, if not all Gorgons are found at beaches. They are solitary creatures.

Domesticated: Gorgons are incredibly strong mounts and can send enemies flying with a single charge. They are able to carry a lot of weight.

Forgive me as I can't provide too much detail as I honestly have not logged into the game for a long time ahah

Well, hope you like it anyway :)

dossier_gorg.jpg

Well, despite the Acinonyx not making it this time around, I'm glad to see one of my other favorites make it to the Top 10. I'm definitely putting the Gorgonops as my first vote for sure! 

As for abilities, other than the acute sense of smell, I think it should also be able to grab some creatures similar to the Megalosaurus and Kaprosuchus and crush them in its mouth easily or just carry them around wherever. Depending on how large it is, and given that the Karkinos can carry anything with a drag weight of 250 or lower, I think the Gorgonops can carry creatures with a drag weight of 300 or less. Might be a little extreme given that Allosaurus, Therizinosaurus and Megatherium are just below that category, but if it could still be a good mechanic to give it since it has such large jaws that could easily crush prey. 

Thoughts anyone?