Can not transfer to my Extinction server

tammymoore

Hi, myself and my family have a base on extinction. My husband nor myself have been able to transfer to our server for nearly 2 weeks. We have 2 adult kids that live in different towns, they can go to our server to refresh timers. But me and my husband can not. This is my 1st time on the forums and making a topic. 

Any help would be appreciated or a wildcard dev member give us a helping hand so that we can be able to transfer to our server. Each time we try to transfer, is keeps saying either host connection time out or failed to log in. We dont know what to do, and are afraid we will end up losing everything , if for some reason it stops letting our kids transfer to that server to refresh timers as well

You say "our server". Is this an Official server? An unofficial server? A private server set up by you? A server at your location run by you? Are you platform or Windows Ark or Steam Ark?

Can you join any other server without issue - or is just this Extinction server an issue? 

It seems maybe from the info that you post that the issue is likely with you home internet stuff. You can see the server - but it cannot talk to you. Has anything changed with your internet stuff? i.e. a new router, a different ISP, or even changed rules / policy with your existing ISP. As a last thought, check that firewall rules on your PC (assuming a PC based game client) has not changed to now "block" Ark traffic.

Having typed all that I re-read your post - you say "transfer" to the server which implies that you are in game somewhere on a different server? In that case can you kick off extinction as a single player game? Maybe your local copy of that map is corrupt. Does the server run Mods? If so maybe try and unsubscribe to those mods and then subscribe again to refresh the mod install?

Sorry - There are many different things that could be at issue - and without more information - I dunno?

-------- EDIT ---------

Mmmmm  I see another thread (probably related to this one - apologies if not) which speaks to PS4 and a general issue with ANY extinction server.  Give that thread's info - maybe your game client is busted for extinction? Can you run Single player Extinction? Do you guys play one one shared console or do each have a console - and are they both busted? I am clueless about platform stuff - but the 1st answer here would probably be to re-download the game to make sure that your local copy is not busted.

...copy in other thread...

yes, if you are playing from the same PS4 I also think that the Map File on the PS4 is ruined, especially if you said that your friends are being able to access without problems (<- if I understand correctly) it means that the problem is not on the Server but on your PS, for sure you have already tried to perform the complete reset of both the PS and the Router,   so the only deduction is that the PS did not load the update correctly or damaged the map file in the process.

Archived