Do baby reapers disappear today because i had one and for some reason its gone

maninpain

Was it claimed?  If so, you can check your tribe log.

I have learned the hard way to have a parasaur on turret mode whenever I hatch or have a live birth.  I had way too many mesh under the floor and I thought there was no baby.  At least with the Parasaur, it will tell me where an unclaimed baby is.

Edit:  I have this problem with thylas, even with a parasaur.  They gestate, hunch over and make the 'sqirt' sound and nothing is there.  Not even the parasaur goes off.  It's as if they were never pregnant.  I look everywhere.  Tearing out floors and walls but there is no baby to be found.  For me, it's only been thylas that this happens to, but other people have said it happens to them with other live births.

On 12/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, maninpain said:

i have no idea but i had a big room for it to not to escape 

baby reapers will go into the ground.  You can try and dislodge it with a karkinos , try and grab at the floor where it was.   You can try wyvern wing flap attack to blow it up, also a gasbag exhale could work the same way.    All 3 of these ways sometimes pop them out of the ground.

If you were on fjordurr or GenONE, you could try teleporting right next to where it disappeared.

14 hours ago, maninpain said:

i tried but it reappeared after its 100% maturation there was no name after its baby form nor the signs and it wont let me unbury i destroyed the foundation it was in but it couldnt i tried wistle follow,attack,go but it couldnt

I had that same thing happen to me on aberration last valentines day.   It went in the ground in my second floor, way above the ground.  I got 1 imprint in and then it raised to 100% while invisible.  I couldn't get it out using those ideas as well.  

Its a very very rare occurrence though!  If that helps. 

Tips I offer to avoid problems;   However you arrange your birthing process, have a process that's rigid and follow it.  TEK PANTS needed or else put the inventory stacks in storage reachable from inside the birthroom.  As a noob, use a reaper gland* 4min+50-55seconds before birth time - you can skip this once you know what you are doing.  Load up your character with meat and stone up to 1k weight (assuming you have vanilla level limits) right on the last minute, go into a birthroom (or load up from inside the room) that is at least 2 walls high, can be small but 2x2 is fine and 1x2 is great too, make sure all doors are closed, baby comes out and you are almost dead, stay close to it until it finishes the job and kills you consuming you and your inventory.     

** there will be hiccups that will come about, assume something will go wrong sometimes and be prepared for it.  Have a karkinos, gasbags, cryopods, skiff, small chains of rooms with doors to trap running babies, pheramone darts, a way to lose 95% of your health really fast... anything you can think of needing to corral and deal with a baby that's running and/or refuses to eat you.  Your process will limit this from happening, which is why I listed that first in the paragraph above.  

Now the reaper baby is stuck, you can leave it....or just pod the baby, unpod by your maewing and done.  THe baby will not agro after being podded, once unpodded it will be a normal dino baby that won't attack anything and confuse the hell out of your dinos in base.  Maewings make raising reapers a super normal process now, negates the special behavior they have.  Just pod , kills their agro and running around, unpod by maewing and its fed and won't run around.  I think you can put them in the maewing saddle pouches.

The old way of dealing w/ the baby, we would pick up with a karkinos in the left claw and leave it until it hit juvi.  The old way would sometimes end up losing the reaper to server restarts.  Anything in a kark claw when the server crashes will go to la la land.   

* reaper gland makes the baby not see you as an enemy and won't attack you when you have used it.  This is helpful for the first few seconds after the baby births when you are new to the experience, it is not required and not recommended to stay under its effects for long as you begin to heal and makes the process of eating you take longer, raising chances the baby starves before you get it under control.

I just realized, having a maewing full of meat directly under or above the floor of the birth room will keep that unclaimed baby alive until you get it claimed.  That would have reduced so much panic over the years.  I'd put that in your process.

4 hours ago, maniac200131 said:

I'm not sure about the reaper but I was raising a Giga, and a couple other babies and I put them in cryo before I got off the game and all 3 were gone when I got back on the next morning.  The same thing happened a while back while I was trying to raise 2 Giga's.

A few things can be happening. 

• solo tribe player or with a large group?  tribemates are usually the culprit.
  • What server are you raising these animals on?  Maps like Genesis 2 are notorious for crashing constantly all day long.  You could do something , go offline, and the server crashes before the server saves causing whatever you did to go poof.  If a baby was out w/ no food, it will go back to before you podded it and the baby starves once the server comes back online...this is the most common scenario.  Another favorite of mine is it saves when I have all my stuff on me, crashes sometime after that but before I got into a sleeping pod.  Get back online and find my body floated below the mesh and my entire inventory is poof.

Archived