Maewing Milk (Maewing TLC)

LavenderDreams

Suggestion

As the title says; Maewing Milk.
According to the HLN-A dossier, the Maewing is genetically designed to be the interstellar wet nurse and surrogate parent of all kinds of baby animals on the Arks.
The dossier briefly mentions one major key word: Milk. 

Here's a brief synopsis of this could-be TLC for the Maewing.
Maewing Milk is a consumable similar to special food such as Wyvern Milk and Nameless Venom.
It can be crafted when the Maewing is equipped with the saddle, and nursing is enabled.
To craft is by simply "milking" the Maewing by clicking "Milk' in the radial menu.

Maewing Milk can be warmed up in a cooking pot for the insulation buff, or to mix it with ingredients to make formula for special creatures.
There are three types of baby milk formula.

The Wyvern formula, Rock Drake formula, and Crystal Wyvern formula.
Let's start with the standard Wyvern one as an example.

This type of milk can be fed to Wyverns. However, the Wyvern will still ask for regular Wyvern milk. So you'll have to acquire it on maps where standard wyverns spawn. Either get the milk from Scorched, Ragnarok, Valguero, Lost Island or Fjordur. Or, if you have access to cryopods, you can use the cryopod method to reset the imprinting prompt by podding it and then tossing it out again for a different prompt. (Like cuddle or a walk)

Ingredients for the Wyvern formula:
5x Maewing Milk
50x Sulfur/Gasoline
3x Full waterskin/canteens/water bottle.
* Can only be crafted in the Maewing's inventory

Rock Drake milk formula:
In the lore it's stated that the Nameless venom containts hints of Element.
Again, with the Wyvern, immature Rock Drakes will ask for nameless venom. Nameless venom can only be acquired on Aberration or on Fjordur.
You'd want to reset the imprinting prompt with the cryopod method.

Ingredients for the Rock Drake formula:
10x Maewing milk
80x Element dust
1x Full waterskin/canteen/water bottle

Crystal Wyvern formula:
Same deal with the other special creatures on the list. Might ask for primal crystal, which you can only get on Crystal Isles by pelting a crystal wyvern with tranq darts, or to kill alpha blood crystal wyverns.

Ingredients for the crystal Wyvern formula:
5x Maewing milk
150x Crystal
2x full waterskin/canteen/water bottle

---

And that's about it for my take on the would-be TLC for the Maewing. WildCard/Snail Games probably won't consider, or even THINK of adding this to the upcoming batch of TLC updates, seeing that Ark 2 will be coming out next year.

I'm submitting my suggestion because the Giant bison SHOULD have won the community creature vote given that it received nearly the same amount of votes and hype as the Charcharodontosaurus did. And, WC/Snail Games SHOULD add the bison alongside it. Or at least consider the Maewing milking option for the next TLC update. A good compromise goes a long way.

Afterall, Ark 2 is coming, so this is a good opportunity for Wildard studios to take a look at this. There won't be any more TLC updates when Ark 2 is dropped. (But I could be wrong!)

6 replies to this server topic

19 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Ideas are cheap. Software development cost lots of money.

I get that. Hopefully though ideas are still considered after Ark 2 come out and they don't forget about their first game. Especially since people aren't going to just leave this one for the new one like with other game. There is too much time into this game for a lot of people 

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, AveryParker said:

I get that. Hopefully though ideas are still considered after Ark 2 come out and they don't forget about their first game. Especially since people aren't going to just leave this one for the new one like with other game. There is too much time into this game for a lot of people 

Time will tell. From what I see, Ark 1 more than likely isn't going to bring in a lot of revenue. Companies work priorities are based on that, not what feels good to people.

There's a lot of moving parts to this. They may try to keep Ark 1 alive, as long as they can monetize it or still have the hopes of those people migrating to Ark 2.

I promise you this, if most people pay for and move over to Ark 2, Ark 1 will more than likely be shuttered or deprecated.

Just one person's opinion.

Archived