Help a PS5 player

Tellor

I'm new to this topic but not super new to Ark. I've always played on other people's servers, but I got tired of following their rules so I started on single player. Which is meh at best but it's okay at worst. The one issue I'm finding the most frustrating currently is I can't change stack sizes for general resources, which is needed in order to create the best blueprints unless you went with a lower saddle/weapon/etc. I don't know any other workarounds and I don't understand how to have my own Nitrado/other server and change the files. I know there are videos but I need a dumbed down version. I am not privy to coding as much as I used to be... In 2010. And I don't have a PC that is capable of running the game, only a primitive laptop if you will. Is there actually a way to host my own single person server, that I can change stack sizes using the ini files? I've seen something about it on other discussion boards, but my specific question is too difficultly answered. Any help would be appreciated 👍

How many stacks do you require for your blueprints?   It is possible for some blueprints to work out like that, if it needs 700 stacks of materials it is impossible.   If polymer is required, the most expensive ones require hard poly, organic will eat up too many slots.

As long as a blueprint requires 600 stacks or less, you should be able to make it work.

I don't know if this will work for you, but maybe?

10 hours ago, Tellor said:

I'm new to this topic but not super new to Ark. I've always played on other people's servers, but I got tired of following their rules so I started on single player. Which is meh at best but it's okay at worst. The one issue I'm finding the most frustrating currently is I can't change stack sizes for general resources, which is needed in order to create the best blueprints unless you went with a lower saddle/weapon/etc. I don't know any other workarounds and I don't understand how to have my own Nitrado/other server and change the files. I know there are videos but I need a dumbed down version. I am not privy to coding as much as I used to be... In 2010. And I don't have a PC that is capable of running the game, only a primitive laptop if you will. Is there actually a way to host my own single person server, that I can change stack sizes using the ini files? I've seen something about it on other discussion boards, but my specific question is too difficultly answered. Any help would be appreciated 👍

You can look around, but yes. You should be able to find a host for your game, for PlayStation, with adjustable settings. 

However there are workarounds for the blueprint issue.
A.) Get an argentavis and level it in nothing but weight, and in most cases it should be good enough for many blueprints.
B.) use hard poly when necessary
C.) and last but not least, get a tek fabricator.

You just need to beat only one boss at any difficulty and I honestly think the easiest way of doing so is by getting a simple high level megatherium army together and slapping the spider boss on easy. 
The megatherium's get the insect buff after killing a little spider minion, and if you toss in the imprint buff and yuty courage roar, its super easy to kill the easy Brood mother in less than 3 minutes. Even without mutations.

The reason for this is simple, the tek fabricator has 600 slots you can use to hold materials to build BP's with. 

Archived